MLB x UA 2020 (indefinite break)

Jj...

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

czzwNiQ.jpg

As per request, the Cubs get their rebrand next. I feel as though they currently have one of the best identities, and I do my best to retain that in this update. An 80's-90's cub returns with slight revisions. 

The primary set consists of home, away, alternate, and faux-back uniforms. The Cubs will get one new hat style in the 2020 season, featuring a red bill and their new cub logo. The throwback jersey emulates the uniforms worn between 1908 and 1912. These faux-backs make use of the Cubs new shade of blue to add brand continuity.

6y2eTuk.jpg

Took some of the suggestions and reworked the Rays. The concept and description get an overhaul.

Tampa Bay gets an overhaul that reintroduces the devil ray as the focus point of their identity, without readapting the "Devil Rays" team name. The Rays brand is now driven by a nautical theme, seen in the colour palette. Green is adopted as the primary colour to give the brand distinction among the MLB, furthermore, they are the only team with this green/navy colour combo. To add the emphasis on the unique identity, the Rays will wear green at home, and dark gray on the road.

The primary set consists of home, away, alternate, and throwback uniforms. Two new hat style will be used by the Rays for the 2020 season. The primary caps feature a new "TB" insignia over navy blue. The home and away sets don't carry each other's colour, as green & gray are never seen in the same uniform. The devil ray will don on their alternate caps; these hats will have no letter insignia, drawing back from the inaugural Devil Rays caps that were never worn. The throwback jersey pays homage to the early Devil Rays uniforms.

Hey guys, I've been off the radar because I was finishing up my exams last week. I took 7 exams this semester, and had no free time...

Anyways, I have a bit of a bad news- My hard drive got wiped clean yesterday, and I spent all day trying to recover my :censored: but I've had no luck. 

In the meantime, I'm going I'm going to start trying to (re)create all my templates, I had one for nearly every major sport. That being said, I'm not going to have any time in the near future to show this thread any love. Really breaks my heart, barely got halfway...

:(

3 minutes ago, Jj... said:

Hey guys, I've been off the radar because I was finishing up my exams last week. I took 7 exams this semester, and had no free time...

Anyways, I have a bit of a bad news- My hard drive got wiped clean yesterday, and I spent all day trying to recover my :censored: but I've had no luck. 

In the meantime, I'm going I'm going to start trying to (re)create all my templates, I had one for nearly every major sport. That being said, I'm not going to have any time in the near future to show this thread any love. Really breaks my heart, barely got halfway...

:(

That's awful news! How did your hard drive crash?

4 minutes ago, coco1997 said:

That's awful news! How did your hard drive crash?

That's a great question, I have absolutely no idea. I hadn't used my laptop in a few days, as I had prepared my study material beforehand and used a tablet to review. When I went to load it up yesterday it booted from scratch with no data. I've spent the better part of my Sunday at the Apple Store throwing a fit, at this point I've called it a day and I am going to just try and move forwards. I have everything I genuinely need (portfolio work, resume, etc.) on an external drive- which is the only silver lining here.

5 minutes ago, Jj... said:

That's a great question, I have absolutely no idea. I hadn't used my laptop in a few days, as I had prepared my study material beforehand and used a tablet to review. When I went to load it up yesterday it booted from scratch with no data. I've spent the better part of my Sunday at the Apple Store throwing a fit, at this point I've called it a day and I am going to just try and move forwards. I have everything I genuinely need (portfolio work, resume, etc.) on an external drive- which is the only silver lining here.

That sucks, man. I know it's probably not a priority but I hope you do plan to complete this project at some point in the future. You were already over halfway done.

Hate to hear about the hard drive crash, I had a similar thing happen to me last year. 

I'm late to the party but I love this series and hope you can continue it! You have done a really great job so far and I would like to see what you came up with for my Bravos. Regardless, this is one of the better MLB series I have seen on here so great work once again!

Check out my new NFL 2016 Series!

• 1 year later...
  • Atomic locked this topic
14 minutes ago, GOBucks18 said:

Where are the rest of NL? I really like what I’ve seen already with updated and retro looks, ie WhiteSox ....I did see a Braves concept somewhere with some of the retro designs of the early 70s, nice! How about the SF Giants? 

Please don't bump dormant threads. No one had responded to this thread well over a year prior to your post.

Archived