Pittsburgh FC: MLS expansion concept *AWAY KIT ADDED

MigratingToast

Hey all.  Mark Cuban has just decided to build a new stadium in Pittsburgh and  start up an MLS expansion team, Pittsburgh FC! (I wish!)

Soccer kits and logo design are new for me so any CC is much appreciated

Only have the home jersey done for now.  Let me know if I should go on with the other two jerseys.  Thanks!

Jersey Mock PITT FC.png

please work.png

Sorry for the AWFUL crop job.  Not sure what was happening.

My name is Rod and I like to party.

5 minutes ago, bleuet said:

This logo idea is great

Grey instead of blue.

The center shape 4 points, I would replace by a 3 points star for 3 rivers.

Yeah I wanted to keep the blue, because of the city flag.  And the shape in the middle is the outline of Fort Pitt.  I figured with the city flag, and bridge with the fort, there were enough references in the logo.  I want to use the three rivers idea on the 3rd jersey I think.

That's really really good, and I'm no fan of soccer. 

My one recommendation is that the arc of the top of the shield match with the arch of the bridge. The spacing of the middle vs the spacing of the ends just looks a bit odd. Otherwise, I love the ideas.

I'll respect any opinion that you can defend.

40 minutes ago, hockey week said:

That's really really good, and I'm no fan of soccer. 

My one recommendation is that the arc of the top of the shield match with the arch of the bridge. The spacing of the middle vs the spacing of the ends just looks a bit odd. Otherwise, I love the ideas.

All fixed!

Pittfcmocknew.jpg

Bump the arc just a little above the arch, like you have in the first. A gap between the gold beams and the white outline, including the vertical beams you had the first time. The spacing was correct, the curves were off.

It looks beautiful. 

I'll respect any opinion that you can defend.

Great design. I would try removing the thin blue lines on the soccer ball. They aren't necessary for the overall look of a soccer ball. (see the Red Bulls and Rapids logo)

If you want to keep the lines, you could make them thicker. I would also make the white stroke on the shield thicker.

I also agree that it would look better with a gap between the top of the bridge and the white stroke.

I'm not much of a soccer fan but I am a Pittsburgh fan and I love this concept! Agree with all the points to tweak. Definitely would like to see more jerseys. I like the blue, a lot of concepts add it to Pittsburgh concepts but not many do it well. It looks great here though. Well done.

Archived