Rays Internship Graphics

raysox

Hey guys, big news! After 4 months of being out of school and doing nothing but improving my skills, I finally have a design gig for a major sports team. The Tampa Bay Rays have offered me the position for an internship in their design department. Cool right? I had to work for it, and after the interview, they cut down the field and sent a design test to the remaining people. 

The designs were the following

1) create a print ad for a Kevin Kiermaier gold glove bobble head, and a Rays pennant as giveaways. 

2) create a social media graphic for the Kiermaier bobble head, complete with a custom hash tag.

So here's what I made

PrintAdBurst.jpg

Kiermaier-01.pngFacebook.png

Not sure how many people reading this want to make design their career, but my advice to you is to create as much as you can, and create a good network of people whose opinions you listen to. I started posting on the Creamer boards when I was 14, and now I'm 22 and lined up a gig that will surely lead to bigger things.

Follow my twitter @michaeldanger19 if you want to keep up with what I'm making

22 minutes ago, raysox said:

I started posting on the Creamer boards when I was 14

That's awesome. I started when I was 13, and it's great to see that I can do it too if i try. Those are great designs, and i wish you the best at your new job!

image.png 

"Okay, Mr. OKC, you obviously have never been to Louisville."

Congrats! Working in sports is the best career possible! I work in the athletics marketing department at my alma matter and my biggest regret is not learning graphics earlier. I took one class in college that gave me a basic understanding and I feel I've gotten better over the last 2 years but seeing the stuff that you and others on the CCSL Boards amazes me and drives me to get better everyday! So congrats to you on the new job!

Siginature.png.90aaa7d86f8ba1448206f0cbc8f97442.pngBahamasBowl_SIG.pngCxpIxxZ.png

9 minutes ago, ODUMonarchs said:

Congrats! Working in sports is the best career possible! I work in the athletics marketing department at my alma matter and my biggest regret is not learning graphics earlier. I took one class in college that gave me a basic understanding and I feel I've gotten better over the last 2 years but seeing the stuff that you and others on the CCSL Boards amazes me and drives me to get better everyday! So congrats to you on the new job!

Funny story, I got accepted to Florida State and they called before I went up there to do an initial interview thing, I said I wanted to major in Graphic Design, and they basically were like "ouch they're cancelling that program RIP"

So I decided on majoring in Geography, which was great, and eventually worked towards Sport Management. I don't have any formal training other than messing around on my own. So I told them that I have a basic understanding but want to learn more

Thank you everyone though, I wont take the time to reply to every post(because that'd be obnoxious), but I appreciate every comment

• 1 month later...

Archived