The World Hockey League, It's Back!!!

JCRGraphix

On 1/3/2017 at 0:00 PM, osctheg said:

whitch team should i root for #decisions

I could tell you, root for a team that no one else does.

Amsterdam- @JosiahWVU

Boston- @Darknes

Brooklyn- @VitorioArts

Chicago- @TheeGunnShow

Cologne- @Magic Dynasty

Copenhagen- @Steelman

Halifax- @KINGCHANCELLOR

Helsinki- @KittSmith_95

Kiev- @worcat

Montreal- @New York's Greatest

Moscow- @TheHealthiestScratch

Prague-Me

Riga- @mamiller99

St. Petersburg- @BostonStrong13

Saskatoon- @Uglybus

Seattle- @~Bear

Stockholm & Toronto- @timberwolf

Washington- @moonwalker

Winnipeg- @Jacobseye

Any that I missed, guys?

Welcome to Kansas, where you can see your future, literally.

image.png

IMG_1326.PNG

• Replies 284
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, osctheg said:

yes but i just wanted to be a part of the conversation why do you need to rage on me not cool

You can be a part of the conversation without derailing the thread. You've already been asked multiple times to keep on topic. 

We can take it to PM if you like. I'm done interrupting this thread and apologize to @JCRGraphix for doing so. 

----------------

On a side note. I am a fan of seeing the teams go through their histories and change during their respective time periods. Nicely done JCR. 

1996-97

1996-97.png

The 1996-97 season saw one of the most dominant performances in the history of the WHL in Winnipeg's Mario Lemieux scoring an insane 73 goals in 72 games to capture the Delvecchio Trophy for leading scorer and the Howe Trophy for league MVP. The Lakers finished off way on top of the Western Division. In the Eastern European Division, Dominik Hasek has a career season finishing with a 1.22 GAA leading the Prague Golems for first place in the division. London had a great season finishing first in the Western European Division. Patrick Roy had yet another competitive season helping the Montreal Quebecois finish first in the Eastern Division. The Warsaw Winged Hussars just missed the playoffs, but had a great performance from rookie of the year Jarome Iginla. 

Winnipeg was as dominant in the playoffs sweeping the Phoenix Cougars in the first round and the Saskatoon Blazers in the second round after the Blazers defeated the St. Louis Clydesdales in 5 games. The Eastern Division was much more competitive with the Montreal Quebecois eliminating the Toronto Bucks in 7 games while the Boston Irish knocked out the Washington Eagles in 6 games. The Irish also eliminated the Quebecois in 6 games. 6 ended up being unlucky for the Irish though in the conference final as number 66 lead the Lakers to a win in game 6 to earn their first trip to the Global Cup.

In the Eastern European Division, the Prague Golems knocked out the St. Petersburg Horsemen in 6 games despite a great performance from the Horsemen. The Moscow Stars eliminated the Kiev Angels in 6 thanks to some amazing play by Nikolai Khabibulin and Sergei Fedorov. They went on to beat the Golems in 7 after losing a few difficult matches to open the series. In the West, the London Crown struggled to knock out the Belgrade Wolves in 7 games while the Cologne Magi beat the Helsinki Icebreakers in 5. The Magi went on to beat the injury-depleted London Crown in 6, but fell to the Moscow Stars in 7 games in the conference final. 

The Global Cup Finals were a wild one with Mario Lemieux playing other-worldly-caliber hockey. Fedorov led the scoring in the first few games helping the Stars jump to a 2-game lead, but Lemieux rallied the troops, and went on to score all 4 of the Lakers' goals in game 6 to win the Global Cup. After the celebration, Lemieux announced that he would not be returning for the 1997-98 season due to his illness. The Lakers immediately retired his number.

Regular Season Standings:

European Conference:

Eastern Division:
1. Prague Golems
2. Moscow Stars
3. Kiev Angels
4. St. Petersburg Horsemen
5. Nizhny Novgorod Comets
6. Minsk Bisons
7. Riga Griffins

Western Division:
1. London Crown 
2. Helsinki Icebreakers
3. Cologne Magi
4. Belgrade Wolves
5. Warsaw Winged Hussars
6. Stockholm Norsemen
7. Copenhagen Hammer

North American Conference:

Eastern Division:
1. Montreal Quebecois
2. Boston Irish
3. Washington Eagles
4. Toronto Bucks
5. Brooklyn Emperors
6. Buffalo Thunder
7. Chicago Cardinals

Western Division:
1. Winnipeg Lakers
2. Saskatoon Blazers
3. St. Louis Clydesdales
4. Phoenix Cougars
5. Ontario Americans
6. Seattle Orcas
7. Houston Stealth

PLAYOFFS97.png

6 hours ago, osctheg said:

yes but i just wanted to be a part of the conversation why do you need to rage on me not cool.

*sigh* This guy doesn't know who he is talking to.

IMG_0838.JPG

Also, c'mon Prague!! Let's get another title! We shouldn't be the San Jose Sharks of this league!!!

Welcome to Kansas, where you can see your future, literally.

image.png

IMG_1326.PNG

I'm loving the evolution of the leagues jerseys!

Let's take it a little easy on osctheg. He seems to be rather new and may not know the proper code of conduct quite just yet. If he's excited about the league and has questions, let them be answered. No need to crucify the guy. Now he knows. Continue on! Let's see the next season!

bleedblue-1.png

Bleeding Blue since 1986

6 hours ago, RedfieldNick said:

*sigh* This guy doesn't know who he is talking to.

IMG_0838.JPG

Also, c'mon Prague!! Let's get another title! We shouldn't be the San Jose Sharks of this league!!!

If anything, Boston has been the Sharks of the league xD

BOS2.png.28748cfa2d8957954518a9f81f4cd4e8.pngboston_captains_jersey_sig_by_verasthebrujah-dbp5b0z.jpg

14 minutes ago, BostonStrong13 said:

@JCRGraphix any chance u want me to do where the IHA teams relocate to?

For the this thread, I will not be getting in to the IHA, however, if anybody is interested in starting their own thread chronicling the IHA and even creating their own history, uniforms, franchises, etc. in addition to the ones I've already done in the original thread, you have my permission to use my graphic work to that end. Please PM me, and I'd be happy to send you the logos.

Archived