North American Pro Soccer 2017

Gothamite

11 minutes ago, DG_Now said:

Atlanta doing a great Argentina impersonation. Ouch.

Sad end to an otherwise incredible first year in Atlanta.

Having a bunch of games backloaded into the last month didn't help but they put in a gutsy effort nonetheless. 

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
20 minutes ago, Crabcake47 said:

Watch Columbus Major League this one. 

This is all I want. You just know Precourt is sitting there mad that his team won tonight because every win makes it more difficult to slip out of town in the middle of the night. Precourt and Garber are gonna look like such clowns and will have to do some serious PR gymnastics to explain how they could move the defending champions out of their city. That's ECHL, arena football, bush league stuff. 

Who knew it would take the Crew leaving Columbus to actually turn me into a fan

PvO6ZWJ.png

6 minutes ago, McCarthy said:

This is all I want. You just know Precourt is sitting there mad that his team won tonight because every win makes it more difficult to slip out of town in the middle of the night. Precourt and Garber are gonna look like such clowns and will have to do some serious PR gymnastics to explain how they could move the defending champions out of their city. That's ECHL, arena football, bush league stuff. 

Who knew it would take the Crew leaving Columbus to actually turn me into a fan

I could totally see Precourt pulling an Irsay and moving in the middle of the night if they win it all. Makes my blood boil, especially knowing it happened to the Colts (albeit before I was born).

spacer.png

I can't believe that actually happened. The league's darlings taken down by the league's red-haired stepchild. Zack Steffen stood on his goddam head. Michael Parkhurst robbing a goal off the line. Adam Flipping Jahn winning it in the shootout. And now we head on to the next round. I hope that place is sold out and rocking. Time to make Precourt look stupid. We're not done yet

Pennants.jpg

I'm slightly bemused that 3/4ths of the Western Conference Semifinalists are the former USL teams that made the jump.  Cascadia really knows what they're doing with their soccer it seems.

And with Portland winning in 2015 and Seattle last year, there's a lot of pressure on Vancouver to continue the trend

5 minutes ago, Red Wolf said:

If the new tradition continues, the Houston Dynamo are going to be your MLS Cup champs. The last two teams to beat SKC in the knockout round (Seattle and Portland) the last two years won it all. 

That'd be fun, but it's definitely going to be Toronto this year. It has to be.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

29 minutes ago, insert name said:

New to the MLS, can someone explain why the Semis and Conference Rounds each play 2 games but the Cup Final is 1 game? Wouldn't it make sense if all the rounds were 1 game?

general soccer tradition for major club tournaments

aller-retour all the way up until the final, then a single game

5qWs8RS.png

Formerly known as DiePerske

1 hour ago, insert name said:

New to the MLS, can someone explain why the Semis and Conference Rounds each play 2 games but the Cup Final is 1 game? Wouldn't it make sense if all the rounds were 1 game?

MLS owners want at least one more home game in the playoffs. These used to be best of three game series when the league started. 

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

1 hour ago, Gothamite said:

Well, we’ll see.  That judge has said some stupid things before. 

Yeah, he's well known for grabbing as much land around San Antonio as possible.  The main reason I bought inside the loop was the other areas I was looking at were about to be annexed which means a bigger jump in my mortgage.  He's been fighting for a downtown baseball stadium for the Missions, who currently play at the stadium named for him. 

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

I almost bought tickets for the Crew game tonight, but it's a weeknight, I live 2 hours away, and I already said I'd take the niece and nephew trick-or-treating. If they make the cup final I may actually have to pull the trigger. 

I hope Columbus comes out and TIFOs Precourt's dumb face off. 

PvO6ZWJ.png

1 hour ago, McCarthy said:

I almost bought tickets for the Crew game tonight, but it's a weeknight, I live 2 hours away, and I already said I'd take the niece and nephew trick-or-treating. If they make the cup final I may actually have to pull the trigger. 

I hope Columbus comes out and TIFOs Precourt's dumb face off. 

I'd consider it a disappointment if they didn't. 

Archived