North American Pro Soccer 2017

Gothamite

4 hours ago, MJWalker45 said:

So Nashville is using a logo that has been claimed by at least 2 other entities?

The N is similar to the Z claimed by Lavar Ball...

Nashville SC unveiled their logo in September of 2016.

LaVar Ball's Big Baller Brand didn't register for trademark protection of the ZO2 shoe brand until February of 2017 and said ZO2 brand wasn't published for opposition by the United States Patent and Trademark office until June of 2017. 

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
40 minutes ago, Brian in Boston said:

Nashville SC unveiled their logo in September of 2016.

LaVar Ball's Big Baller Brand didn't register for trademark protection of the ZO2 shoe brand until February of 2017 and said ZO2 brand wasn't published for opposition by the United States Patent and Trademark office until June of 2017. 

Ok. I knew there were at least three entities using that, thought Nashville was #4.

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

Don't know what logo OSU's defensive unit uses, but I had to look up the other one:

lonzo-ball-big-baller-brand-zo2-prime-1.jpg.bb52d2a5367f3ea979d9c080800c4e9b.jpg

Fairly common rendering. That being said, to compare with Nashville SC's badge:

Nashville_SC.png.eba8d59a566df6d4b6e9548452d19089.png

Which itself is mostly ported over from  the former Nashville FC badge:

NASH_1.jpg.a7e5c19f6104c9eaef1339ab342e0e65.jpg

Which is supposed to evoke a record (because Music City, blah blah blah--same as with the "guitar strings" in the SC badge), the fleur de lis from the seal on the city flag...

Nashville_flag.png.29bea0bf9b2b3fb9914764f2bd14ef61.png

...and the three stars from Tennessee's state flag. 

And apparently that badge began life as such...

blue-pick.png.9969cc901306e34f319e9b07298b4b49.png

...which actually is a lot nicer than either of the other two, even if only because its more unique and nowhere near as, well, "contrived", for lack of a better word.

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

Was it losing Bruce Arena? Landon Donovan? How did LA Galaxy turn to garbage so fast?

EDIT: Also, Wondo at the WCQ? Bleh.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

54 minutes ago, DG_Now said:

Was it losing Bruce Arena? Landon Donovan? How did LA Galaxy turn to garbage so fast?

Yeah 3-0 win for the Quakes!

san-francisco-giants-cap.jpgsanfranciscob.gifArizonaWildcats4.gifcalirvine.jpg
BEAR DOWN ARIZONA!

2013/14 Tanks Picks Champion

19 minutes ago, Viper said:

A guitar-pick logo for a Nashville team? Gee, where have I seen something like that before?

You understand my annoyance.

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

2 hours ago, DG_Now said:

re Wondo, it'd be stunning to see him get any minutes with four strikers in very good form ahead of him. But, yeah. Guy's always here.

Showcasing fan-made sports apparel by artists and designers

15 hours ago, DG_Now said:

Terrible time for the Galaxy to start sucking too. Right when LAFC is going to land in town to much fanfare.

55 minutes ago, bosrs1 said:

Terrible time for the Galaxy to start sucking too. Right when LAFC is going to land in town to much fanfare.

I'm convinced they knew this was the year that they could take a step back (financially) and not have to worry. I wouldn't be surprised if they start spending again for next year.

GTA United(USA) 2015 + 2016 USA Champions/Toronto Maroons (ULL)2014, 2015 + 2022 Gait Cup Champions/Toronto Northmen (TNFF)

Except that they've spent this year, haven't they? They have three DPs and I'm sure a combo of TAM investments (though I don't always know exactly how that works).

I think they really miss production from Donovan and Keane, and no one else has gotten to that level. Zardes looks completely lost and probably needs to sit for a while. The Dos Santos brothers have talent but it hasn't really turned into anything yet.

As a Sounders fan, it's good to know LA isn't in the way in the playoffs this season. But I do kind of miss the competition.

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

2 hours ago, DG_Now said:

Except that they've spent this year, haven't they? They have three DPs and I'm sure a combo of TAM investments (though I don't always know exactly how that works).

I think they really miss production from Donovan and Keane, and no one else has gotten to that level. Zardes looks completely lost and probably needs to sit for a while. The Dos Santos brothers have talent but it hasn't really turned into anything yet.

As a Sounders fan, it's good to know LA isn't in the way in the playoffs this season. But I do kind of miss the competition.

Sorry, I mean like a real big name (i.e. the rumors that were out there about signing Ibrahimovic). 

GTA United(USA) 2015 + 2016 USA Champions/Toronto Maroons (ULL)2014, 2015 + 2022 Gait Cup Champions/Toronto Northmen (TNFF)

16 hours ago, Gothamite said:

Yeah, but that timeline is all wrong.  LAFC is getting buzz now.   The Galaxy need to be competing for attention now.  Not next year. 

fair point. 

This is fun. Via the MLS website, here's Seattle Sounder and USMNT midfielder Cristian Roldan as a 10-year-old star of an Adidas commercial:

The Las Vegas USL team that will start in 2018 will be called Las Vegas Lights FC:

LAS VEGAS – On Tuesday morning at 12:01 a.m. PT, Las Vegas Soccer LLC announced Las Vegas Lights Football Club will be the official name for the organization’s expansion United Soccer League team, which will begin play at Cashman Field in downtown Las Vegas during the 2018 season. After weeks of anticipation, and more than 10,000 votes cast by fans, Las Vegas Lights FC was revealed in neon lights at the Fremont Street Experience in Downtown Las Vegas, which was broadcasted through a Facebook live feed.

Following the unveil, Las Vegas Soccer Founder Brett Lashbrook invited the public to submit designs, ideas, colors and more to serve as inspiration for the new logo, which will be revealed in the upcoming weeks.

H/T uslsoccer.com // Source

sport-scarf_dortmund_zps9338859f.png

I actually like that name. Gambling or desert themes usually come to mind when it comes to naming a Las Vegas sports franchise. They went with something original. At least I think it's original. Don't think there's any other teams out there called the Lights.

Hotter Than July > Thriller

Archived