North American Pro Soccer 2017

Gothamite

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

And rumor has it that they'll move to the Cyclones park in Coney Island.  

I just hope elevating the USL to co-D2 forces the NASL to overhaul its business model. And that the deadbeat NASL teams have to pay all the back salaries for players and staff, plus interest. 

11 minutes ago, Sykotyk said:

Yikes. That is a small field. Could it not fit a wider field, or did they just want to avoid the infield dirt?

The NWSL told the Flash that the dirt infield could not be used.

It was a one time game in the stadium and the field was deemed "unplayable" at 1:30P, yet was "playable" at 5P.

http://www.socceramerica.com/article/69511/nwsl-ridiculed-for-playing-game-on-mini-field.html?print

The Flash claimed that 4,500 attended that game too.

Meanwhile, Rhinos Stadium was booked by the city for SummerFest, featuring some acts I'm sure y'all never heard of, but would draw more than 4,500.

http://www.cityofrochester.gov/SummerFest/

58 minutes ago, dfwabel said:

Meanwhile, Rhinos Stadium was booked by the city for SummerFest, featuring some acts I'm sure y'all never heard of, but would draw more than 4,500.

http://www.cityofrochester.gov/SummerFest/

Thanks for sharing that link. Seeing SWV brings me back to the days of watching The BOX all day long. They always played "I Wanna Rock" by Luther Campbell.

EDIT: It needs to be added (song and video are necessary but also NSFW!):

EDIT again: Maybe just click the link if you're interested. Some content is TOO HOT for CCSLC.

1992, friends.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

52 minutes ago, DG_Now said:

Thanks for sharing that link. Seeing SWV brings me back to the days of watching The BOX all day long. They always played "I Wanna Rock" by Luther Campbell.

EDIT: It needs to be added (song and video are necessary but also NSFW!):

EDIT again: Maybe just click the link if you're interested. Some content is TOO HOT for CCSLC.

1992, friends.

Hey, you know that Eddie George is married to SWV's Taj, right?

Hey, that Rochester show would've been better attended that weekend if one of these two dudes were booked: Keith Sweat or Al B. Sure!

Edit: Circa 1992, Luke and Poison Clan are very much underrated.

2 hours ago, Gothamite said:

They kind of have to. They need 12 teams to meet D2 requirements.  Even that mass expansion only brings them to 11. 

Let's hope the league will start vetting owners before accepting them.   

Yeah right. With a six month lead time they'll accept anyone who seems remotely on the level at face value.

Which frankly pisses me off as a San Diegan. You need at least a year to generate some enthusiasm for a team if you want it to succeed.

Yeah right. With a six month lead time they'll accept anyone who seems remotely on the level at face value.

BINGO!!!

Last year's NASL Fall Season kicked-off on July 2nd. The same start date this year would give the owners of proposed NASL expansion teams in Atlanta, Orange County and San Diego just 177 days in which to finalize franchise purchase agreements; identify, negotiate leases for, and secure both office space and stadia; identify, interview, and hire staff, including front-office personnel, coaches, and sales/marketing teams; secure sponsorships, advertising, and ticket deposits; identify, negotiate contracts with, and sign players. The list goes on and on.

Yet, somehow, we're to believe that the powers-that-be at NASL headquarters have properly vetted the ownership candidates for these franchises? Frankly, the very fact that the prospective owners of the three franchises in question are willing to entertain engaging in the rushed run-up necessary to launch their teams in time to participate in the NASL's Fall 2017 season raises serious doubts about their judgement and, by extension, their suitability to own and operate a team in the notoriously mercurial world of lower-level pro soccer in North America.

Label me cynical, but this sort of frenzied, last-gasp sprint to add franchises on a truncated schedule bears all of the earmarks of past NASL missteps. It strikes me that the USSF has done nothing more than grant the NASL's leadership time to rearrange deck chairs on the RMS Titanic.          

1 hour ago, bosrs1 said:

Pat least until this time next year. Hopefully NASL will hang themselves with the rope USSF just gave them.

I do not understand the mindset of rooting for leagues to die. 

2nn48xofg0hms8k326cqdmuis.gifUnited States (2016 - Pres)7204.gif144.gif

36 minutes ago, Nyk33 said:

I do not understand the mindset of rooting for leagues to die. 

Bad leagues should die, shouldn't they? Why wouldn't you want bad things to not exist anymore?

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

I'd rather bad ownership die off without taking an entire league with it. IF someone could come in and get the Cosmos operating properly and paying their bills, I'd take that over an entire league going under. Though USSF should have just dropped them to D3 and said, "Take care of your house guys! It's that simple!"

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

1 hour ago, DG_Now said:

Bad leagues should die, shouldn't they? Why wouldn't you want bad things to not exist anymore?

If the NASL gets rid of that idiot Peterson and starts operating rationally then there is no reason to want it to fail. Teams, like Jacksonville, would have been screwed if the league died. The Cosmos also weren't going to get new owners if NASL lost D2. 

59 minutes ago, MJWalker45 said:

I'd rather bad ownership die off without taking an entire league with it. IF someone could come in and get the Cosmos operating properly and paying their bills, I'd take that over an entire league going under. Though USSF should have just dropped them to D3 and said, "Take care of your house guys! It's that simple!"

Cosmos new ownership is required to pay their old staff according to EoS.

Finally, our sources also tell us that a Commisso-led Cosmos will also bring some good news to former team staffers as well. Commisso’s purchase will apparently involve a requirement to pay out any overdue wages to both front office members and players affected in the transition. Select players and front office personnel will also be offered to come back to the team and resume their previous positions.

2nn48xofg0hms8k326cqdmuis.gifUnited States (2016 - Pres)7204.gif144.gif

Everything that currently makes the NASL the NASL, from its stupid "independent teams!" model to its desire for D1 to the lack of institutional oversight, must die.  For the good of the sport in this country. 

Let the name and logo survive to be used by a responsible league, but the league as it stands now should not. 

Archived