Ben5

3 minutes ago, ahowe6464 said:

New Thunder and Jazz are fantastic. Is that Utah shorts logo real? It looks amazing.

It's an old alternate logo I recolored, so yes. Thunder logo is all me though.

9 minutes ago, Ted Cunningham said:

While I'm not the biggest NBA fan, I wouldn't have qualms with seeing a game between teams wearing any of these uniforms. They look good; they're fairly conservative; and they're all different (so far). Nicely done.

Thank you! That's exactly what I was trying to do. I wanted a good mix of classic uniforms (Lakers, Spurs), well thought out changes to uniforms that are almost there (Warriors, Heat), and total revamps that start almost from scratch or pull from the past (Jazz, Rockets). For that Jazz uniform, I probably went through 4 or 5 different phases before I settled on this one.

A lot of these are terrific. The ideas presented here work, look clean & I'd be proud to see most of these on the hardwood. 

Can I ask what template you're using & what program? I've been idle from making concepts as I've wanted to focus on a NBA series, but haven't been able to find a good MS Paint template. This one looks like it would work..... the collars, the cut, the shorts..... seriously, keep at it. 

new_orleans_krewe_player_sig___qb_donny_

As a fairly large fan of the NBA, I find myself attached to most teams jerseys.

I am going to be a bit nit picky too.

Warriors: Just adjust the size of the numbers on the front of the home and away, they look a bit too big.

Raptors: While i see that your trying to match the jersey wordmark font with the numbers, it doesn't look quite right.

Nets: The away wordmark could be made slightly smaller.

76ers: They look identical to their last set of jerseys. Adding the stripes with the stars in them like their current ones would make this perfect.

Knicks: No striping on the sides for me. Glad you bought back the orange alt.

Bucks: Perfect. I love the cream alt.

Timberwolves: Plain, looks like a college team. There's no character. You could try the first KG era font and change the striping. I'm not a fan of the grey alt either.

Magic: These need a different font for the wordmark and numbers. They look out of place.

Mavs: Make the alt the road, and we have a winner.

Wizards: If you make the top stripe go all the way over the shoulders, winner. Would like to see a blue alt.

Suns: I like their current set a lot, so yours are a downgrade to me. The suns on the shorts are a tad distracting. Your idea is good though.

I'm going to break up my opinions into two posts so...

I9SoMSI.png

29308567630_9f30c1e63c_o.png

chi2.png

40136204761_246372f921_c.jpg 

Heat: Their slanted number font would look good here. 

Grizz: This needs to happen. Make the alt's numbers & such dark blue and its perfect.

Thunder: I like your choice of colours, but stick with a white home jersey. Everything else is good there.

Jazz: Hmm, maybe their new number font would work here? I like the idea, but I like their current set.

Bulls: No problems. Classic.

Clippers: Their current set is crap, and I would prefer these, but they look old and out of place, like your Suns set.

Hawks: I really like their current set, but I like yours just as much. I would love to see these in their current colors, particularly a volt green alt.

Lakers, Spurs and Celtics: Classic. Not sure on the side striping on the white alt for the Lakers.

Nuggets: These are a miss for me. I like their current set too much. 

Kings: I like them, but prefer purple and grey/silver to purple and gold.

Cavs: These would make great Hardwood Classics jerseys. While I think the Cavs can improve their current jerseys (but I also really love their current set), I don't think I'd like it to go this way.

Rockets: Sold. This would be a perfect update for them. The colors of these and the Hawks set make them look extremely similar though.

I can't wait to see more, and would love to see your take on some Sonics jerseys, if you are planning to do some.

I9SoMSI.png

29308567630_9f30c1e63c_o.png

chi2.png

40136204761_246372f921_c.jpg 

15 hours ago, KittSmith_95 said:

A lot of these are terrific. The ideas presented here work, look clean & I'd be proud to see most of these on the hardwood. 

Can I ask what template you're using & what program? I've been idle from making concepts as I've wanted to focus on a NBA series, but haven't been able to find a good MS Paint template. This one looks like it would work..... the collars, the cut, the shorts..... seriously, keep at it. 

The template is one I made myself in Inkscape. I really suggest downloading Inkscape and using it instead of Paint. It can do so much more and take your concepts to a whole other level.

Archived