Ben5

Very solid series you've got going here -- great work! Most teams are a little too conservative for my own personal taste, but all are well-executed and very consistent with each team's respective identity/branding.

Golden State is a subtle, yet tremendous upgrade, Utah is a much needed makeover with an excellent overhaul back to the purple from the '90s, and I think Portland is something similar to what we may see with their upcoming update once Nike takes over.

Thanks for sharing....can't wait to see what else you come up with!

I new set I see...

Blazers: No problems there, nice update.

Pistons: I see you've brung back the red alt, and while I prefer their "Made in Detroit" Chromeish ones, its still alright. I agree that the name on the back of the away needs to be made white.

Pelicans: Putting Pelicans on the home jersey was a good move.

Hornets: I like the gradient of the stripes, but I think the stripes are too much.

Pacers: Its okay, nothing special. Decent update.

I9SoMSI.png

29308567630_9f30c1e63c_o.png

chi2.png

40136204761_246372f921_c.jpg 

Warriors: Not a bad simplification of their current set by any means. I think the wordmarks are a bit too thin, and the home uniform is a bit too blue-dominant.

Raptors: Very nice! Their current uniforms are, IMO, the ugliest in the league because of all the different striping patterns, design elements and fonts competing for attention. You did a nice job of fixing everything that was wrong with them without scrapping the few things they got right.

Nets: Excellent blend of old and new. If the Nets had unveiled these as their uniforms when they moved to Brooklyn instead of their bland Celtics/Spurs ripoffs, they would have flown off the shelves.

Sixers: Your first big miss for me. It's just a little too generic - they look like a basketball team from a movie that couldn't get the rights to any actual teams.

Knicks: Not bad at all, but like the Sixers, it doesn't really stand out to me.

Bucks: Like with the Raptors, you did a good job of stripping away the excess clutter while keeping the elements of their uniforms that they nailed.

Timberwolves: The overall design is okay, but your font choices are both bland and incongruous.

Magic: Another solid concept let down by your choice of font. I would also make the pinstripes on the home uniform silver - black pinstripes are way too distracting and clash with the rest of the uniform. I realize that's what the Shaq-era homes looked like, but still.

Mavericks: Not really a fan of the P Diddy uniform design - the striping around the armholes just looks awkward to me. Of course, it's still better than the even worse and even more dated crap they're still wearing in real life.

Wizards: The numbers are too hard to read on the home jersey, but I'm not sure how you can fix that without radically changing the design.

Suns: The only designs I'd ever like the Suns to wear are either the '90s sunburst uniforms (the actual ones, not the half-assed attempt to recreate them that the Suns are actually wearing now) or something based on the 2009 All-Star Game uniforms. Your concept hasn't changed my mind on this, but for what it is, it's a nice update of their O.G. uniforms.

Heat and Grizzlies: Meh. The slight changes you made to them aren't bad, but they aren't really necessary either.

Thunder: I like the color scheme you used. The uniforms are fine, but I do think the team name and number would be hard to read on the alternates.

Jazz: Your next big miss for me. The color scheme is rather bland and generic, and the sublimated mountains on the front of the jerseys look awkward.

Bulls: Not a fan of how you changed the striping pattern - it looks bad on the home uniform because the shades of red and black are vibrating against each other.

Clippers: Love the old-school color scheme and the wordmarks look nice, but the uniform design looks too much like your Knicks concept.

Hawks: That shorts design is genius!

Lakers: Tasteful blend between their classic and modern looks.

Spurs and Celtics: You didn't do much, but they don't need much to begin with.

Nuggets: Probably your worst concept of the series so far. The font choice looks kind of amateurish and the color distribution is all messed up. Taking the rainbow skyline off the alternates is a misstep.

Kings: Way too Lakeresque, especially for a franchise that's in the same division as the Lakers and is still licking its wounds from 2002. It's not bad per sé, but Kings fans would revolt if they ever unveiled a uniform set like that.

Cavaliers: I've always liked that old-school feather C script and I'm glad to see I'm not the only one.

Rockets: The collar should match the armhole trim on all the jerseys.

Blazers: The wordmarks are a bit too small and the number font doesn't pair well with them.

Pistons: I don't think un-arching the wordmarks really improves anything about their uniforms, to be honest.

Pelicans: It's amazing how much better you made their uniforms look with just a couple small tweaks. Nice job.

Hornets: Really digging the '90s-style double pinstripes.

Pacers: The bits and pieces of checkerboard scattered throughout the uniforms really pop. I especially like what you did with the collars.

xLmjWVv.png

POTD: 2/4/12 3/4/12

10 hours ago, Ben5 said:

You all are 100% correct about the Pistons nameplate.

Also, the Hornets stripe is not a gradient. It's a double stripe.

I just saw that actually by zooming in. (On my phone). Its actually not that bad now that I look at it like that

I9SoMSI.png

29308567630_9f30c1e63c_o.png

chi2.png

40136204761_246372f921_c.jpg 

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 12/15/2016 at 7:57 AM, Ben5 said:

v9Os0O4.png

NapWBv3.png

kOIqsta.png

hWdhblq.png

bpQFO8U.png

For the Heat- I think the font could use some pretty significant tweaking, but I love the idea of using more of that yellow-orange color. The Heat criminally underuse that color. The subtle change of making the yellow-orange the main stripe on the road uni's rather than the trim was genius. On the home, I don't think the black typeface fits, particularly with the Heat's home court design (which is one of the best in the NBA for my money). Again, I love the conceptual foundation of the red alternate, but maybe refining the design a bit would go a long way.

St. Joseph of Arimathea, Pray for Us

"Now when the centurion, and they that were with him, watching Jesus, saw the earthquake, and those things that were done, they feared greatly, saying, Truly this was the Son of God." Mt 27:54

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Archived