2017 Motorsports Paint Schemes

raysox

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply
19 hours ago, raysox said:

Hmmm, is that due to Busch and (I'm assuming) Twisted Tea? Then that means Keselowski runs it?

Actually, the reason the 43 doesn't (and has never) run the Coors Light Pole Award decal (and the Budweiser and Busch variations before Coors) is because of a promise Richard Petty made to his mother when he was younger to never run alcohol sponsorship on his car. Yes, the 44's Twisted Tea sponsorship would seem to conflict with that, but it's explained that the 43 is "Richard's car," while other cars on the team aren't held to that promise (the 44 with Twisted Tea, or at the time of the RPM/Evernham merger, the 9 with Budweiser).

3834694136_f375c335e2_o.jpg3833900697_df7864756a_o.jpg

22 hours ago, buckeye said:

i like the colors here, but this is a really odd one. the number on the left leans back, while the number on the right leans forward. the black shape is fighting against the angle of the number on both sides as well. the left, they're going in opposite directions, while the right side number/black is just off a few degrees. close to being really good

GRAPHIC ARTIST

BEHANCE  /  MEDIUM  /  DRIBBBLE

5 hours ago, BrandMooreArt said:

i like the colors here, but this is a really odd one. the number on the left leans back, while the number on the right leans forward. the black shape is fighting against the angle of the number on both sides as well. the left, they're going in opposite directions, while the right side number/black is just off a few degrees. close to being really good

I knew something about this bothered me. It's close to the same idea of Kevin Harvick's 2002 scheme (reversed in colors, though his All-Star Race car followed this scheme), but it was pulled off much better back then.

harvick4_2002.jpg

nascar-cup-richmond-2002-kevin-harvick-a

that is an interesting point, the Monster logo replacing the driver names. i hope it doesn't stay that way, but if it does Monster really made out on this deal. that's not something i think should have been sold to Monster–it takes away from the raceday experience. meaning, for a casual Nascar fan like myself, i find it very helpful to have the driver names there as guys switch rides and run multiple liveries each year

GRAPHIC ARTIST

BEHANCE  /  MEDIUM  /  DRIBBBLE

On 12/26/2016 at 1:44 AM, randyc said:

I had thought NASCAR announced Monster would be replacing names on the top of the windshield ala the Xfinity and Camping World Series. 

They did. NASCAR wants it streamlined throughout all series: Series sponsor on the front windshield, driver's last name on rear windshield.

I get why they did it, and I understand why they originally had them on the windshield in the first place, but for longtime fans like myself who have seen decades of racing without names at all, it's not a big deal either way.

What I'm wondering is what will happen during the Chase. Typically (if the Cup Series follows the other series), the banner would change from black with the sponsor in white to the sponsor color with sponsor in white. However, I don't know that I've ever seen the standard Monster Energy logo on anything but a black background.

22 minutes ago, Matito said:

They did. NASCAR wants it streamlined throughout all series: Series sponsor on the front windshield, driver's last name on rear windshield.

I get why they did it, and I understand why they originally had them on the windshield in the first place, but for longtime fans like myself who have seen decades of racing without names at all, it's not a big deal either way.

What I'm wondering is what will happen during the Chase. Typically (if the Cup Series follows the other series), the banner would change from black with the sponsor in white to the sponsor color with sponsor in white. However, I don't know that I've ever seen the standard Monster Energy logo on anything but a black background.

I'm thinking they would likely inverse the colors, so green background with black, or maybe even chrome like these cans

IMG_3295.JPG

• 2 weeks later...

Archived