2017 Motorsports Paint Schemes

raysox

On 12/28/2016 at 9:16 AM, Matito said:

They did. NASCAR wants it streamlined throughout all series: Series sponsor on the front windshield, driver's last name on rear windshield.

I get why they did it, and I understand why they originally had them on the windshield in the first place, but for longtime fans like myself who have seen decades of racing without names at all, it's not a big deal either way.

i missed this post before. interesting thing about drivers names on the back window. i'm having a hard time figuring out why they would even do that at all if they couldn't/wouldn't put them on the front. seems useless 

GRAPHIC ARTIST

BEHANCE  /  MEDIUM  /  DRIBBBLE

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply
23 minutes ago, BrandMooreArt said:

i missed this post before. interesting thing about drivers names on the back window. i'm having a hard time figuring out why they would even do that at all if they couldn't/wouldn't put them on the front. seems useless 

It does. I've been a fan for going on 25 years, and for most of that time, there were no names on anything, so for me, it's not really an issue. It's not like a Nike swoosh or Under Armour logo on NFL or MLB jerseys, because, let's face it, motorsports is synonymous with logos and the like. Like you said, it seems pretty useless to put them on the rear of the car when most fans either don't care about them in the first place or are used to seeing them on the front.

3834694136_f375c335e2_o.jpg3833900697_df7864756a_o.jpg

15 hours ago, dont care said:

I think brown or orange numbers would have contrasted better

IMG_3341.JPG

Not saying it's the right choice, but the yellow Aachen 24 is a huge part of the Hendrick brand. That's probably why they went with it.

IMO, they should've changed the font of the number after Gordon retired, (and done the same for the 3 when Dillon came up in it). Oh well.

GoldenPanthers.png
RiverHawks.png

53 minutes ago, BrandMooreArt said:

^ would have been cool to riff off of Kulwicki's "Underbird" design

1677257476001_2226112335001_nascar-nscs-bri-tt-kulwicki922x520.jpg

Greg Biffle's Darlington throwback scheme (2016) was incredibly close.

CqkVatKUEAAs2sf.jpg:large

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

• 3 weeks later...
1 hour ago, raysox said:

I think anything moving away from last year's livery would be a downgrade, but this is still nice.

One thing I noticed at Daytona was Truex running a reverse of the Erik Jones 5 Hour car. I think I like it better

170219MCUPClash.jpg

77five-hour-energy-frrpr.jpg

I like it better too but it was just for that race as far as I'm aware. Could be wrong tho.

22 hours ago, raysox said:

I think anything moving away from last year's livery would be a downgrade, but this is still nice.

One thing I noticed at Daytona was Truex running a reverse of the Erik Jones 5 Hour car. I think I like it better

170219MCUPClash.jpg

Jamie McMurray was really happy with the Grand Mac scheme last weekend...but I don't think it's all that great.  His Cessna/McDonald's car is even worse.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

3 hours ago, buckeye said:

Worst one yet, Force India

f1-sahara-force-india-f1-vjm10-launch-20

if that's the worst, F1 is doing great. i think its definitely better than last years livery and there's just enough orange and green to separate it from Mercedes. im a big fan of the 2013 Force India design, but this one is my favorite of theirs ever, other than 2013. 

GRAPHIC ARTIST

BEHANCE  /  MEDIUM  /  DRIBBBLE

Archived