CFB-NFL Jersey Swaps

SmackNCheese

I've been seeing a lot of mock drafts recently and i thought I'd try my hand at putting projected draft picks in NFL uniforms. The players don't have to be declared yet, either. I'll take requests if you guys have any, I'm bored.

Deshone Kizer - Cleveland Browns

The Browns need a good quarterback, and Kizer is a good passer with solid mobility and play making ability.kizer 1.jpg

13 hours ago, Silence of the Rams said:

Or McCaffrey as a 49er. Mitch Tribursky as a 9er works too because. WE DESPERATELY NEED A QB (cough cough Jed)

Here's a Deshaun Watson as a 9er that i'd made earlier to hold you over until I get there. Dalvin Cook should be done today.watson 1.jpg

10 hours ago, mgdmhl said:

Need to give Dalvin Cook a different number with the Packers. Give him 26 or 27, they aren't retired and no one on the team currently uses those numbers.

Oh yeah. I'll get on that. Also might change the yello to more of a gold. Looks a little too greenish.

On 12/16/2016 at 5:27 PM, Darknes said:

Can I get a Christian McCaffrey as a Patriot?

Here you go. Sorry for the delay.mccaffrey.jpg

49er Mitch Turbisky up next.

Would it be possible to briefly explain your process behind creating these? I'm decent at doing simple color changes, but changing the fonts/stripes/logos is something I struggle with.

XcryMwi.png

31 minutes ago, HRC4 said:

Would it be possible to briefly explain your process behind creating these? I'm decent at doing simple color changes, but changing the fonts/stripes/logos is something I struggle with.

Really it's just a lot of experimentation. If i can create stripes/stitching/logos/etc. by changing color/saturation/etc. i'll try that first. if that move is unsuccessful (or if i pre-determine i can't create the desired pattern by hand), then i will resort to finding images of players in similar poses and copy/paste whatever elements i need off of that picture. when i'm creating them by hand, I usually select the area i want to edit, make a copy of it, edit the copy, and then see what layer mode makes it look best. (I use GIMP, free software that is actually pretty dang solid. idk about Ps, but in GIMP each layer has a "mode" the relates it to the layer underneath it. For example, the "Grain Merge" mode is often useful on lighter-colored jerseys, because it basically takes the color of the layer you're using and adds the texture of the layer underneath it. this is good for creating stripes on a textured jersey.) Honestly, i just recommend a lot of experimentation and doing concepts like this one. You'll learn a lot by necessity, and much of it you can google how to do until you get used to it. Heck, I'm still learning techniques as i go! My shading, luminosity masking, and coloration are far from perfect right now.

Like I said, I can do color changes, but lack in personal creativity. Both logos were simple recolors of logos I found on Google (should probably be better about giving credit where credit is due - sorry in advance).

YcKZzK8.jpg

oRIehhe.jpg

XcryMwi.png

For what its worth, I've done a number of jersey swaps in my time, and instead of creating a new thread I'll just share what I have in here if people are interested in them. I never thought of this forum of being the place to share these but I'll be doing quite a few as draft season approaches.

Here's DeShaun Watson as a New York Jetdeshaun-watson-heisman-odds.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Archived