2016 NFL Fields

nbitterman

I've always been interested in the different types of field designs around the league over the years.  I've also seen other people do similar threads like this one, which has inspired me to take on the recreation of NFL fields myself.  The Gridiron Fields Database is one in particular that I enjoyed viewing.  Anyway, I wanted to start with a post of the Seahawks field that they used for their 2016 color rush game.  I believe I have everything almost spot on except the field numbers.  I decided I am going to wait to edit most of the field numbers in my collection since I'm just too anxious to get going on several teams and it will just allow me to get through more teams sooner.  I'll try to post different teams and different variations as often as I can.  Hope everyone enjoys seeing them as much as I do creating them!

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, JWhiz96 said:

Great thread. I believe pitt6pack created a thread on this very subject a while back (Here's the link), but he's only able to update it moderately. Another producer is always great; I have great respect for the patience it takes to make these. Very accurate too, well done.

Thanks for the link!  Good stuff

2016 Ravens Fields

1. No-fill end zones with no-fill script/purple trim

2. No-fill end zones with white script/purple trim

3. Purple end zones with gold script/white trim -- Purple trim lines/numbers

4. Purple end zones with white script/gold trim -- Purple trim lines/numbers

5. Black end zones with white script/purple trim - Black trim lines/numbers

Ravens Field.jpg

Ravens Field 2.jpg

Ravens Field 3.jpg

Ravens Field 4.jpg

Ravens Field 5.jpg

It would be difficult to paint the shield semi-weekly on that grass field, there's so much detail in that logo (although the Ravens did paint the shield at midfield from 1998-2002 when they originally had grass). With the artificial turf they used to have the shield was sewn into the turf so there wasn't any issue.

NSFCvyu.png

On 12/19/2016 at 6:10 PM, The Thrill said:

Diggin' it!

Fun side note from this past weekend: the grounds crew at MetLife Stadium got smart, and rather than fighting the weather to change the end zones from "Jets" to "Giants" between Thursday and Sunday, they just went with neutral cross-hatching.

I was very surprised when I heard about this.  Honestly, never knew the endzones were painted each week.  Always thought they had different pieces of field turf for each team that would get laid down, sewn in, then cut out.  

40 minutes ago, coggs said:

I was very surprised when I heard about this.  Honestly, never knew the endzones were painted each week.  Always thought they had different pieces of field turf for each team that would get laid down, sewn in, then cut out.  

They do, it's a tray system but it takes a good 16 hours to change over under ideal circumstances

Archived