2016 NFL Fields

nbitterman

On 1/20/2017 at 3:40 PM, CitizenTino said:

I noticed this during the game. What was the deal with the playoff logo being painted on the sidelines where people are walking all over it and it is mostly obstructed?

i never noticed this but i love it. you get the play of the logo where you can see it from tv angles and stands, but keep the field clean as possible. 

GRAPHIC ARTIST

BEHANCE  /  MEDIUM  /  DRIBBBLE

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 1/29/2017 at 9:58 PM, nbitterman said:

Super Bowl LI Field

Super Bowl LI Field.jpg

Damn it, NFL. Really wish there were conference logos this year...

Red AFC logo on the Patriots navy fill vs blue NFC logo on the Falcons endzone.

teams-1.png

I want the Conference logos too, but damn those wordmarks are so BIG that the logos wouldn't fit.  haha

Hmmmmm that red outline on the shield, not sure how I feel about it.  **Another post over on the Super Bowl Field Database thread suggests that the red outline could just be tarp**

Glad the Falcons endzone is red and not black, and I do like the contrasting colors for the sideline boxes.

3 hours ago, RayFinkle said:

I want the Conference logos too, but damn those wordmarks are so BIG that the logos wouldn't fit.  haha

Hmmmmm that red outline on the shield, not sure how I feel about it.  **Another post over on the Super Bowl Field Database thread suggests that the red outline could just be tarp**

Glad the Falcons endzone is red and not black, and I do like the contrasting colors for the sideline boxes.

I think the red outline of the NFL logo might have something to do with the red tint given to this year's Super Bowl Logo. Last year, they went gold everything, this year it's red everything. Maybe that's the new 'theme' instead of the boring grey-scale crap they've been doing.

As for Falcons, yes, the red endzone is so much better than when they played the Broncos with the black endzone and black uniforms.

2 minutes ago, Sykotyk said:

I think the red outline of the NFL logo might have something to do with the red tint given to this year's Super Bowl Logo. Last year, they went gold everything, this year it's red everything. Maybe that's the new 'theme' instead of the boring grey-scale crap they've been doing.

As for Falcons, yes, the red endzone is so much better than when they played the Broncos with the black endzone and black uniforms.

Falcons had a red endzone in XXXIII

Stay Tuned Sports Podcast
sB9ijEj.png

15 hours ago, ShlyKBMT said:

I got to tour the stadium and talk to the field director. The NFL shield and LI logos looked like tarps. You could see wrinkles. 

You are 100% right, unfortunately. I was excited because from the pictures I had seen, the Super Bowl logos looked great. They had vibrant colors, the trophy had depth, and you could read the text. Lately, the logos have looked like crap on turf. Exhibit A:

IMG_6514.JPG

That looks terrible and from afar and on TV, it looks like a gray blob. That's why I was excited this year. The logos looked great.

Then I found this picture on Instagram which confirms your suspicions. I blacked out the person but it's clearly a tarp. Hopefully the field looks decent on Sunday.

IMG_6513.PNG

On 2/1/2017 at 0:49 PM, Curtos07 said:

This looks like the same tarp as the Super bowl logos on the field... weird...

Stay Tuned Sports Podcast
sB9ijEj.png

10 minutes ago, Curtos07 said:

Just wanted to point out how awful the paint job on the Super Bowl field was. Especially the end zones. Maybe they should have added another coat of paint?

2.png

I was about to mention that. It was especially bad between the logo and P of the Patriots endzone in your pic. The SB logos also had a bit of fading heavily throughout them. Which is amazing given this is turf, and they can use paints that require  pressure-washing to get out, rather than grass where chalk-based water soluble might be needed.

Also, anyone else notice the turf seem around the NFL logo? It looked like it was a square patch installed. Was it the old Texans turf and they replaced a square with a blank for the Super Bowl? I know they switched to turf full time, but their HS games use a different turf (or at least did). Curious why the problems. Did the Canton crew put in a bid for the paint job?

Archived