2016 NFL Fields

nbitterman

52 minutes ago, Sykotyk said:

I was about to mention that. It was especially bad between the logo and P of the Patriots endzone in your pic. The SB logos also had a bit of fading heavily throughout them. Which is amazing given this is turf, and they can use paints that require  pressure-washing to get out, rather than grass where chalk-based water soluble might be needed.

Also, anyone else notice the turf seem around the NFL logo? It looked like it was a square patch installed. Was it the old Texans turf and they replaced a square with a blank for the Super Bowl? I know they switched to turf full time, but their HS games use a different turf (or at least did). Curious why the problems. Did the Canton crew put in a bid for the paint job?

The field issues were probably due to the Halftime Show. It looked fine in pregame but after Halftime it looked worn out.

bSLCtu2.png

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The GB/Pitt SB in Dallas a few years ago had some major paint/field issues as well.  Even before the halftime show it looked washed out in quite a few spots.  And B'More/SF game in New Orleans.  Hmmmmmmm, maybe its the field turf surface, seems like a common theme?

Don't some of the artificial turf fields have color blades(not sure what to call them) woven into the field? Couldn't the NFL do that for Super Bowl's played on artificial turf? At least for the shield and sb logos, after the game give it to the winning team like the NCAA does after the final four.

10 minutes ago, ltp74 said:

Don't some of the artificial turf fields have color blades(not sure what to call them) woven into the field? Couldn't the NFL do that for Super Bowl's played on artificial turf? At least for the shield and sb logos, after the game give it to the winning team like the NCAA does after the final four.

It takes way too much time to get that done

On 2/6/2017 at 0:49 AM, Sykotyk said:

I was about to mention that. It was especially bad between the logo and P of the Patriots endzone in your pic. The SB logos also had a bit of fading heavily throughout them. Which is amazing given this is turf, and they can use paints that require  pressure-washing to get out, rather than grass where chalk-based water soluble might be needed.

Also, anyone else notice the turf seem around the NFL logo? It looked like it was a square patch installed. Was it the old Texans turf and they replaced a square with a blank for the Super Bowl? I know they switched to turf full time, but their HS games use a different turf (or at least did). Curious why the problems. Did the Canton crew put in a bid for the paint job?

the "square patch" wasn't your imagination

vlcsnap-2017-02-07-16h49m08s210.png

On 2/7/2017 at 8:34 AM, ltp74 said:

The NCAA doesn't give it away.  The school whomever wins, buys it.  I know Florida did after their back to back national titles and re-designed it as their home floor for a few seasons, I believe.

Also there's this:

http://usatoday30.usatoday.com/sports/college/mensbasketball/2009-02-26-final-four-champion-floor_N.htm

• 1 month later...
On 2/7/2017 at 8:45 AM, dont care said:

It takes way too much time to get that done

Field turf is little strands of green plastic.  The plastic can be any color, but for the field they use green.  I can tell you for MetLife stadium the actually blades of plastic are blue or dark green for the giants or jets ends zone and the NFL logo at midfield is red white and blue plastic blades.     They don't paint the green plastic. 

goforbroke_zpsb07ade0a.jpg

My old high schools turf had blades that were molded in the color they were supposed to be. And it made logos look clean and awesome. For an organization with the money and power like the NFL, they should be able to pull it off in the super bowl

p65A9Ts.png

XEK7sAn.png

On 3/21/2017 at 8:20 PM, goforbroke said:

Field turf is little strands of green plastic.  The plastic can be any color, but for the field they use green.  I can tell you for MetLife stadium the actually blades of plastic are blue or dark green for the giants or jets ends zone and the NFL logo at midfield is red white and blue plastic blades.     They don't paint the green plastic. 

It would take too much time to manufacture the endzones considering they don't know who the 2 teams will be until 2 weeks before the game

Archived