2016 NFL Fields

nbitterman

Hey everyone, sorry for the lack of content uploaded to the page over the last few months. I just recently made a move and have been pretty busy with the new job and all of that. Anyway, I'd like to keep doing this for the 2017 season. Everyone's comments, contributions and insight have been great! Cool to hear from all of you guys who share a similar interest. 

So with the 2017 fields, I'd like to not only get all 32 teams onto the page, but I'd also like to begin experimenting with texture instead of just raw RGB colors. Here is a sample of what's to come (from me at least) for 2017!

- Nate

Vikings 2017.jpg

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, nbitterman said:

Hey everyone, sorry for the lack of content uploaded to the page over the last few months. I just recently made a move and have been pretty busy with the new job and all of that. Anyway, I'd like to keep doing this for the 2017 season. Everyone's comments, contributions and insight have been great! Cool to hear from all of you guys who share a similar interest. 

So with the 2017 fields, I'd like to not only get all 32 teams onto the page, but I'd also like to begin experimenting with texture instead of just raw RGB colors. Here is a sample of what's to come (from me at least) for 2017!

- Nate

Vikings 2017.jpg

Compared to the 2016 version:

Vikings Field.jpg

5 hours ago, nbitterman said:

- Nate

The fields look much better with the grass texture. 

5 hours ago, Old School Fool said:

Looks like your texture experiment is going great so far. I'm interested in seeing some more, possibly some classic fields? I know Gridiron Uniform Database has some classic fields up of their own.

That's something I will absolutely be looking into once I get all of the current fields established.

On 3/21/2017 at 9:36 PM, ltjets21 said:

Let's say the Vikings were to make it to the super bowl this year. Would they even bother painting an end zone? Or would they just use the one the Vikings already have?

They would absolutely paint the endzone.  There's very specific design templates used for the SB.  Whether it's decided this far in advance, or closer to the event, I'm not sure.  But either way, it would be changed to match the theme.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

20 hours ago, BringBackTheVet said:

They would absolutely paint the endzone.  There's very specific design templates used for the SB.  Whether it's decided this far in advance, or closer to the event, I'm not sure.  But either way, it would be changed to match the theme.

I'm kinda wondering about the Super Bowl field overall this year. The use of the Vikings numbers on the yard lines and all the purple accents don't really seem like they would jibe with a Super Bowl. That's a lot more to replace than just endzones and the midfield logo.

18 hours ago, Michael Bolton said:

Beautiful! I hope the Bucs keep doing the red end zones more often.

Doubtful during the season when they share with USF.  The only times the endzones are usually painted is once the USF schedule is over in early December.

1 hour ago, CitizenTino said:

I'm kinda wondering about the Super Bowl field overall this year. The use of the Vikings numbers on the yard lines and all the purple accents don't really seem like they would jibe with a Super Bowl. That's a lot more to replace than just endzones and the midfield logo.

I agree. They better hope the vikings don't have home playoff games, so they can let the grass grow, be cut, and therefore the colors will fade. But, if there is any person or group that can just get a new field, the NFL can and probably will do it, if necessary.

p65A9Ts.png

XEK7sAn.png

29 minutes ago, flyersfan said:

I agree. They better hope the vikings don't have home playoff games, so they can let the grass grow, be cut, and therefore the colors will fade. But, if there is any person or group that can just get a new field, the NFL can and probably will do it, if necessary.

They have 2 weeks, and there are chemicals that can be used already that removes paint from fields. It really wouldn't be that hard for them to do, the NFL only brings in fields for turf because the designs are woven into the field rather than painted. At most I could see them putting down some sod in the endzones and midfield and that's it. 

2 hours ago, flyersfan said:

Correct me if I'm wrong, but don't the Vikings use a turf field and a not grass one?

Cowboys - Lakers - LAFC - USMNT - LA Rams - LA Kings - NUFC 

3 hours ago, AstroBull21 said:

Doubtful during the season when they share with USF.  The only times the endzones are usually painted is once the USF schedule is over in early December.

Yep, and they should force USF to play on a high school field.

I hate the new Buccaneers logo. Pewter was boring in 97, even more boring now.

2 hours ago, Rockstar Matt said:

Correct me if I'm wrong, but don't the Vikings use a turf field and a not grass one?

Yes, its artificial turf, UBU Speed Series S5-M. My aassumption for the Super Bowl is they will bring in another field to lay down because the numbers and lettering are sewn in to the turf.

moss_moon.gif

Archived