XenonDesigns

Monarch Premiership 2017 | Fictional Soccer League (League Champions!)

XenonDesigns    217

So with @gswansea kicking back up the WFA Club Championship, I've become inspired again to work on the MPL! I feel like last time a lot of the teams were rushed and ended up looking extremely basic. I was having a hard time being creative but I have a new idea to create coat of arms for each city as well as a detailed backstory to help me make each crest unique.

giphy.gif

This time around I'll start out with posting any logo updates/changes as well as new kits for the 2016-2017 season. In addition I'll try to post weekly match-day updates and scores +tables. 

I updated the map and just about all the names of cities and the two countries. The hypothetical location would be southwest of Ireland.

Granon=French-like, Normania=English-like

Not each city on the map will house a team, I was just trying to replicate Google Maps but eventually I'll create a map with the team's locations. 

NEW MAP.png

XenonDesigns    217

Here are the results from Matchday 17. Creating all this took way longer than anticipated so Cap Laval will be posted tomorrow (you can see a preview of the new logo below).

Week 17_1.png

Week 17_2.png

Table

Screen Shot 2016-12-17 at 5.07.21 PM.png

XenonDesigns    217

Cap Laval

After narrowly escaping relegation, Cap Laval overhauled their coaching staff as well as bringing in a new goalkeeper and a young forward, signed from the National Team Academy over the summer. They've gotten off to a great start as they currently sit 14th in the league. Their owner wishes to keep competitive top flight football on Cap Laval and although his club has struggled over the years, is often praised for his his work.

If you look back at last season's thread Laval was relegated but I made a mistake while setting up this season by switching them with another team but it's too late to go back now so lets pretend they finished 17th

Also I'm notheet.png set on this template so I might move to Raysox's. If you want to see that template instead then let me know!

C&C is appreciated! 

XenonDesigns    217

East Island Rangers

Last season, East Island Rangers topped the Monarch Division One, earning them promotion to the Premiership for the first time since 2012. The club plays 20 miles west of Normania's capital city, Nenor, in the historical city of Topwellin. The small city is situated on a narrow, half a mile long island known as East Island. The town is old with very few new buildings with the highest structure still being a chapel. The city was prosperous for it's ship-building port and today still serves as a dock for many military ships. The club has been successful in the second flight with strong support from loyal fans who are happy to finally have their club in the Premiership. 

Sheet.png

The crest is based off the city's coat of arms and the "EI" detail is based off the logo for East Island Ship Builders Corp. who constructed hundreds of ships in the harbor from 1603-1867. 

XenonDesigns    217
9 hours ago, VorticoseTax said:

Also may I ask how you made the Monarch Premier League animation?

I used ToonBoom and just created a series of squares and circles expanding as well as green in the back to make it transparent.

XenonDesigns    217

AC Montpellier

After a great finish last year, Montpellier changed their mindset to try and become one of the biggest clubs in Europe. With a new deal signed with Adidas, as well as millions of dollars worth of sponsorships and branding deals, it seems that they've already completed their goal. The only thing left to do now is to win on the pitch. But, they're still laughed at and called the "Tottenham" of the league.

sheet.png

XenonDesigns    217

Wellington FC

Located on the east coast of Normania, Wellington has a massive Portuguese population. The province which houses the city is largely influenced by Portugal and the secondary language is Portuguese. After finishing 9th last season, the club has continued to try and climb the table, adding a prolific new striker to help boost their offense, but so far they've fallen short of expectations as they sit 13th in the table. 

sheet.png

Matchday 18 tomorrow!

XenonDesigns    217

After a long hiatus i've returned to the MPL and to start things off I created a little media guide for the league. I'll update it as I create more teams and I'll eventually turn it into a PDF. 

cover.png

2.png

3.png

XenonDesigns    217

Bolian FC

One of the most successful clubs in the history of the Premiership, Bolian FC has found itself as one of the most famous clubs in the league. They are very well known internationally and are hated domestically for their arrogance and success. The Pioneers were founded before the MPL was established in 1932 and helped create the league, hence the nickname. The home kit features a simple Nike template while the clash is inspired by the flag of Bolian which isn't official but it was flown by infantry divisions in their war for independence. 

sheet.png

XenonDesigns    217

Saint-Paul

The city of Saint-Paul is located on the border of Normania and Granon, split by River Landes. The city has embraced their dual country culture as many speak French and English. At first tensions were high between citizens of opposite sides in the 1800s but the close bond between the two countries has mended the relationship significantly. The city is ften used a common ground stadium.

Saint-Paul has recently won their fifth MPL Championship in 2013 under the leadership of legendary Nenor City manager and former S-P player, Rob Flowing. An academy product in the 40s, Flowing won the Premiership 3 times in his 20 years with the club. In 1976 he retired at 36 and in 1989 became the manager of Nenor City, winning the league 8 times until he returned to Saint-Paul in 2013. He became the first coach to ever win the league back to back years with 2 different clubs in 2012 and 2013. He decided to retire from coaching in 2013 and is one of the most beloved characters in the history of the league. Recently the club has dropped off, but has been investing heavily in their academy, hoping to soon be able to reach their past success.

sheet.png

NoE38    412

All these designs are great, especially the media guide!

Do you have a list of all the champions throughout the years? (I'm a stat guy)

XenonDesigns    217

Williamstown FC

Williamstown was the first ever club to win the Premiership back in 1932 but ever since their second title in 1963, the Lions haven't been the competitors they used to be. Having only finished in the top 4 twice in 2 decades, the fans and the club feel they need a rebuild. In 2006 they began the construction of a new 50,000 seat stadium right on the harbor and revamped their ancient logo. Somewhat recently in 2015, the club ditched their old habit of using classic kits with no sponsor as they signed a deal with Carnival and Puma. Once kings of the league and MFF Cup, the Lions have slowly been dropping off, but the future seems bright. 

sheet.png