Esco

Los Angeles Chargers Brand Discussion

Gothamite    5,745

I think the Chargers' powder blue has lots of appeal.  But they've worked so hard to keep it off to the side I'm not sure it has a lot of brand equity. It could, it should, but they don't want it to so it doesn't. 

Still MIGHTY    1,814

It is ridiculous that the Rams seem to be the ones differentiating themselves from the invaders.

Rams were here first (both times), they're going to be the Chargers' landlords, they get first shot at blue and gold. Make it the Bolts problem.

Ben in LA    371

However, pair these with white pants (and keep these pants for the white jersey and maybe an alternate yellow one hmm...) and you've also got a winner.

IMG_5817.JPG

Red Wolf    562
12 minutes ago, Ben in LA said:

Best they've ever looked IMHO

IMG_5815.JPG

IMG_5816.JPG

I'm normally not into the "they should go back to these" but I'm willing to make an exception for these.

Germanshepherd    508

This was the best they've ever looked. Classic powder blues, gold pants and bolts on the helmet jersey and pants 

IMG_1322.JPG

AstroBull21    532

Ideally if it were up to me....

Chargers would be primary light blue (powder blue or their color rush blue) and secondary white with a hint of yellow

Rams would be primary yellow and secondary navy with a hint of white

bushy    38
11 hours ago, Ben in LA said:

However, pair these with white pants (and keep these pants for the white jersey and maybe an alternate yellow one hmm...) and you've also got a winner.

IMG_5817.JPG

That's beautiful ? 

Love the powder blues too. 

Silver_Star    146
On ‎2‎/‎10‎/‎2017 at 5:53 PM, bosrs1 said:

Rip off of the old NASL or not, that's a solid brand. They'd be wise to do something like it and leave the Chargers brand in the past.

Lovely!

Silver_Star    146
On ‎2‎/‎10‎/‎2017 at 2:53 PM, B-Rich said:

For those of you who might have missed it, Paul Lukas' ESPN UniWatch contest on rebranding the Chargers is complete, with results out:

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/18632926/uni-watch-delivers-winning-entries-chargers-redesign-contest

Some interesting stuff on there, but what caught my eye was the winner in the "new team name" category, which was this one:

31616183493_3c5b4222b3_h.jpg

Really neat in terms of design, striping, and colors, but unfortunately (and unbeknownst to Paul until I pointed it out to him)  the name, logo and colors are a complete rip-off of the California Surf of the old NASL:

California_SurfLogo.JPG

The Surf played at Anaheim Stadium from 1978-81, by the way. As did the old Southern California Sun of the WFL.  So, that stadium was the home of "Surf n' Sun" ....

Oops. Lovely. I love that look!

8BW14    249

oops. Wrong thread

OnWis97    2,149

I think the Chargers are one of a few examples where darkening of colors worked.  I like the Seau uniforms best.

colortv    77

I went to the Chargers-Rams joint practice today and just about every Charger fan was wearing powder blue gear.

Chargers also got heavily booed when they first took the practice field from the bleachers I was in.

C-Squared    668
On 8/8/2017 at 1:33 AM, Jungle Jim said:

I just don't get the love for the white helmets.  I've always thought the best helmets were these:

5e6f8cba0f84f68455bf317b0639d317.jpg

Holy Parkinson's