Middle-earth Hockey League (Rivendell Lords 18/18)

Pulv!

Guest darkpiranha

Moria needs a lot more squared-off elements.  There's so much design work from the movies and books over the years you can draw inspiration from.  Dwarves are very solid and rectangular.  This feels a little too fluid and light for what I'd expect Middle-Earth dwarves to gravitate towards.

• 2 months later...
  • Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Iron Hills Ironfeet

The iron mining dwarves from the Iron Hills are best known for their commander during the Battle of the Five Armies, Dain Ironfoot, fifth King Under the Mountain. The colour scheme was inspired by the iron ore (assuming they mine magnetite), changing colour from a sort of charcoal/deep blue to the silver gray of battered iron. The logo is an homage to Johnny Canuck, one of my favourite sport logos ever, in my mind he has always looked like a prototypical dwarf.

46436140414_8981ebef38_o.png

46436140474_4e4e452b8f_o.png

38665609364_bedb96967e_o.png                                                                                        spacer.pngMy Behance                                                                                                   

• 2 months later...

Rivendell Lords

The last homely home before the Wilderland, east of the Misty Mountains, is home of the fine elves under the rule of Lord Elrond. The idea that the elven power is fading during the era of the ring quest is beautifully put on screen in Peter Jackson's adaptation with a neat autumn foliage. For this reason the color scheme for Rivendell hockey team is light blue, for the waterfalls surrounding the area, and orange and brown to have a nice warm autumn palette. The font chosen for the logo reflects the refinery typical of the elves and the four pointed star is another typical mark used by them, as they are very tied with the stars and many times bear names linked with Middle-earth astronomy.

40739853933_202fd0784d_o.png

46790120785_3edec71521_o.png

I worked hard to find something to represent Rivendell as elvish art is so delicate yet unadapt for logos. Hope this rather plain identity matches well with the common images of the Rivendell Elves.

38665609364_bedb96967e_o.png                                                                                        spacer.pngMy Behance                                                                                                   

• 2 weeks later...

An overall snapshot of the league. It was a ton of fun to design those logos, but at times it got difficult as I was trying to create the most fitting identity for each team in a sea of possibilities. In the end, as this world is pure fantasy, everyone can have a different take on every single aspect of Middle-earth. Hope you enjoyed it as I did!

47826107431_12bbc404e9_o.png

Archived