Middle-earth Hockey League (Rivendell Lords 18/18)

Pulv!

This is awesome. I love the shire, maybe make the H a different color on the red jersey. Number fonts are awesome! The Avalanche need a little work from a hockey jersey standpoint. I'd say put the same logo sized down a touch into a roundel.... Just an opinion of mine. Obviously don't overdo the roundels though

p65A9Ts.png

XEK7sAn.png

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply
19 hours ago, joshhockey said:

Well I hate to be that guy but there is a typo on your wordmark. As an LOTR fan though I'm loving this series!

All right, I totally missed it!

Here you have it corrected

32329213854_b96d7e0011_o.png

38665609364_bedb96967e_o.png                                                                                        spacer.pngMy Behance                                                                                                   

• 4 weeks later...

Erebor Mountain Kings

Dwarvish patterns everywhere! This set is an homage the grandious architecture of the dwarves under the mountain. The main logo is taken from the sketch of the throne under the mountain and is the part where the Arkenstone was. As I really like how dwarvish art was rendered during all of the LOTR and hobbit movies I really like the outcome of this set. The color palette is based on the black of volcanic stone, mine gold and the white of the perennial snow on the top of the Lonely Mountain.

32781659113_9035eebd80_o.png

32781659013_da51536d51_o.png

38665609364_bedb96967e_o.png                                                                                        spacer.pngMy Behance                                                                                                   

• 3 weeks later...

Dale Blazers

The City of Dale was completely destroyed and burnt by Smaug the Terrible, dweller of the Lonely Mountain but rised from its ashes when the dragon was eliminated by Bard. For this reasons Blazers was a suiting name for them. The color palette was chosen from the colors of fire and the sandrock of which Dale was built. They sport a pretty simple uniform with the iconic Bacon strips striping.

As there is not actual description in Tolkien books I chose to stick with Peter Jackson imagery and colors for the city.

33873438526_029d1e0595_b.jpg

33873438706_54fec49812_b.jpg

• 4 weeks later...

Mordor Black Army

The dark realm of Mordor deserved a dark and gloomy jersey to match. The flaming eye of Sauron was in red on the black banner of the mighty army of Mordor so the team's logo was an obvious one to choose. For the away jersey the team refused to wear white opting for an interesting shade of reddish gray. At first it was thought of adding yellow and  orange to recreate the colors of the ever-active volcano of Mount Doom but then the idea was ditched as the color scheme was felt becoming too bright...

34559794822_b410c5f49c_o.png

34337126970_bf1d0e49f4_o.png

• 1 month later...

Minas Morgul Nazgul

I've always been fascinated by Peter Jackson's depiction of the fallen city of Minas Ithil, now known as Minas Morgul, with its gloomy yet flashy apparence. Neon blue and green fading into darkness was a perfect match to the home jersey. The logo is taken from the Nazgul banner representing Minas Ithil (Tower of the Moon) now under the dark spells of the Nazgul, hence the skull. The away jersey sports a logo resembling the helmet of the witchking of Angmar, the Nazgul commander. I decided to have just fading colors instead of a proper striping as the Ringwraiths are a simple yet powerful institutions in the ranks of the Dark lord

34497609733_ff9b8ceb8d_o.png

34920005940_0e99405ac8_o.png

• 2 months later...

Bree Brewers

The main feature of the little town of Bree is definitely the Prancing Pony inn. The owner, Mr. Barliman Butterbur, had his beer blessed by Gandalf after his help to the runnaway hobbits.

The color palette was chosen to represent beer, barrels and leather mugs. 

36690898850_1e604e0eff_o.png

36273890793_03aededd80_o.png

Detail of the shoulder patch  36690898970_9e09b867cc_o.png

• 2 months later...

Helm's Deep Defenders

The Maple Leafs of Middle Earth! As the fortress of Helm's Deep is renown throughout the continent for the impenetrable stronghold it is, the main focus of the identity of the Defenders is on the mighty walls and battlements. Both the logo and striping follow the same battlement pattern to represent the different levels of the defensive walls. The fortress was built by Helm Hammerhand, hence the name on the jersey.

37776837825_258522f246_o.png

37776838355_7ee9782045_o.png

Anduin Argonath

The team takes the name from the famous two statues called the Pillars of the Kings or Argonath. They mark the entrance in the realm of Gondor on the course of the river Anduin. The big statues, representing Isildur and Anarion, are said to hold both an axe in the books while in the movies it was decided to give a sword to one of the two. The team decided to stick with the movie design as it seemed a neat idea to differentiate more the two. The color palette is based on Fresh Water Light Blue, Granite Ochre and Deep Waterfall Blue.

The usual jersey presentation was changed to make enough room for the main logo, which has a mainly vertical extension, and in the negative space it was possible to add a particular of the shoulder patch A.

40666384865_8e5e64a0a7_o.png

40666384945_3d2d90ec28_o.png

• 2 months later...

Mirkwood Hunters

The team is based in the kingdom of the sylvan elves in Mirkwood forest, whose main occupation is hunting, hence the name. The forest landscape inspired the two tone green color palette. the shoulder patch is inspired by the brooch used by the company of the ring and given to them by Dame Galadriel of Lothlorien,queeen of another sylvan elves settlement.

41387225080_f4695e886a_o.png

43197917881_f3b28788c8_o.png

Shoulder patch detail 29327457498_86f4489b51_o.png

• 2 months later...

Ithilien Bowmen

The nickname of the team named after the region of Gondor closest to Mordor could not be anything else than the Bowmen. The company of renegades commanded by Faramir is, in fact, composed mainly of bowmen. The brown tones color scheme is based on the company's own garments, as they need to be stealthy in their scouting terrains. Fort he same reason the away jersey is not white but cream. The hint of red is to remind the sacrifice of many men in defense of Gondor. 

44941459652_8dec17a0ac_o.png

44941460032_15c47481ca_o.png

• 1 month later...

Isengard Wild

The land where the tower of Orthanc is located is ruled by Saruman the White, who likes to tag his armies of orcs with the white hand. The region is quite untamed, as the surrounding  forest is home of the Ents, the talking trees.The two circles in the main logo stand for the tower itself and the luscious gardens around it. The color was inspired by the main features of the piece of land: black for the mighty tower, green fro the forest and white for the white hand and Saruman himself.

44942051794_fe7a860965_o.png

44942051884_c9d0907c3d_o.png

5 hours ago, Hālian said:

When do I get to buy a Misty Mountains Avalanche home jersey? and do they come in 6X tall? :o

All sizes available, from hobbit XS to giant 3XL. ?

I haven't seen this series until just recently, but what a fun and well-done idea!

Brewers look great (good colors, fun mug logo), as does Mordor (great color choices) and Minas Tirith (great tree logo, and well-done with the shield away)! Really good work!

Dale is cool; the bacon striping is fun!

I like the Mountain Kings cool striping, but I think it ought to be a phantom yoke at home rather than a real one. The away should have a black yoke, and the geometric stuff ought to be gold on thick black hem/cuffs (kinda like what you did for Rohan's away.)

Ithilien's logo is a bit of a miss for me (no pun intended.) The font is kinda weird and feels poorly weighted.

I like the ideas for Minas Morgul but the set is really not cohesive and the gradients are kinda odd.

Isengard's home jersey is cool and ominous, but I'm not quite feeling the circle on the away. The name/number font doesn't really match either.

But the one team to rule them all here is Anduin. Cool jerseys, great font, wonderful logo, beautiful colors! PRECIOUS!!!!

• 4 weeks later...

Moria Forgers

The dwarven kingdom of Moria was created as a mining city by Durin, under the three main peaks of the Misty Mountains. The name forgers was inspired by the wonderous skills of dwarves at crafting metals into magnificent armours, weapons and everyday objects. The color scheme symbolises the heat of the forge (red, orang and yellow) and the two tone gray stands for metal ore (dark gray) and polished metal (light gray). The forge hammer blown over the anvil is the exact image that the team wants to convey when fighting in the hockey rink.

44277255860_fa76a6426c_o.png

44277255970_24b3e1ceed_o.png

Archived