North Bay Battalion Rebrand (Jerseys Unveiled)

ZionEagle

I was browsing the logo section of the site and came across some logos from the OHL. I struck some inspiration when I saw the North Bay Battalion. I felt like it'd be a cool identity to redesign.

The old logo here,

UyB6aeI.png

Just felt too cartoonistic for my taste and I thought it could be made into a much stronger mark. So without further ado, here is my attempt at a full identity package for the battalion.

vCTUs2n.png

qJjWLjg.png

3NG61iO.png

k08SqM1.png

9nYWrdB.png

wm4nQfE.png

Few things to point out here:

-I kept their main mascot, "Sarge" while updating him a bit. His face was perhaps the thing I refined the most. I wanted him to appear more stern and dignified. The other logo is just cheesy.

-I got rid of the shield, simply because I didn't think it fit here. I decided a shirt collar would work better.

-I got rid of the black (I really do not like black do I :P ?) and replaced it with a brown. I thought it worked better with the military theme. Kept the rest of the colors the same.

-I tried to keep the wordmark similar to the original, but giving it my own style. I really like how it turned out, considering I mostly suck at wordmarks.

- The alternate logo is pretty self explanatory. 

So what do you think? Feedback is always welcome! I think I might do the Sudbury Wolves next; team suggestions are welcome. Should I do jerseys or not? Let me know!

iHxPa5Y.pngqXp6spn.png

"Winners never quit, and quitters never win." ~Vince Lombardi

8 hours ago, panthers_2012 said:

The logo looks wired with the blackout on the eyes. Maybe try putting some white in the eyes. 

I figured someone might bring this up. I had tried a few different ways of putting white in the eyes, but none of them looked good to me, so I opted for the brownout. I'll try it again though :) Thanks for the feedback.

Anyone else? 

iHxPa5Y.pngqXp6spn.png

47 minutes ago, NoE38 said:

one suggestion. For the wordmark, maybe make the cracks in the letters closer to the lines in the logo?

The logos are all really well done. Will there be jerseys?

Well, the font isn't custom, so I'm not sure what I could change. Thank you! Yes, I am planning on jerseys, that is if I can find a good hockey jersey template for paint.net.

iHxPa5Y.pngqXp6spn.png

Just now, NoE38 said:

Two websites that have good templates are HockeyJerseyConcepts and Icethetics.

http://hockeyjerseyconcepts.blogspot.ca/p/templates.html

http://www.icethetics.co/concept-connection

I think I found a good one, but I appreciate the help :) 

iHxPa5Y.pngqXp6spn.png

Time to see these logos in action! Finally was able to come up with jerseys. First, let's take a look at the current uniforms.

8117_north_bay__battalion-home-2014.png

7087_north_bay__battalion-road-2014.png

Here are mine. Let's start off with the home uni.

KrVjDha.png

(I don't have the uniform sponsor on the jersey simply because the template didn't show it and I didn't want to make an uneducated guess :P )

I think I deviated quite a bit from the uniforms they have now, but I tried to keep some influence from the old ones. For the striping, I wanted to add red in there, simply because I hate it when teams don't utilize colors they have on their palette. You may recognize the number font. I believe it's Nike's Warrior font, and I just thought it worked well here. I added a brown neck yoke (or whatever you call it) to make the sergeant insignia stand out.

MvpqqZY.png

The away jersey is essentially the same as the home with inverted colors. I was debating whether or not to have a green instead of brown yoke, but I figured I had enough green on the jersey to cancel the brown out. However I'd like to know what you hockey fans would think is better. I'm not really experienced at this :P 

Next I have my version of the team's camouflage alternates. These are the one's they currently have.

North-Bay-Battalion-Camo-Jerseys-2013-35

rD7RIhI.png

I had been wanting to use the wordmark on at least one of my jerseys, and this seemed to be the perfect fit. I was contemplating making the stripes yellow, but in the end I thought the brown looked better. Maybe if I gave it three yellow stripes it could work. The biggest change is probably the camo itself. I tried to pick a pattern that more closely resembles the style used by the Canadian military. This is perhaps my favorite jersey out of all of them.

Lastly, I wanted to use my alternate logo, so I made a Canadian flag style uni. I figured that a team known as the "Battalion" would be the most patriotic, and what symbolizes patriotism better than a flag?

jmU813d.png

Here I was torn again on what color the yoke should be.

q3dfnWP.png

As you can see, I think the brown adds needed contrast, but I feel like 4 jerseys with it is too much. Not to mention it just screams mounty to me :P Oh well.

Let me know what you think about the jerseys! And like I said, I'm open to hear what team you'd like to see next from me :) 

iHxPa5Y.pngqXp6spn.png

Jersey designs and execution are pretty good, just a few ideas.

1. The away jersey needs more green. Maybe switch it with the brown?

2. I would make the collars on each jersey a new colour to help them stand out from the yoke.

3. The camo jersey needs arm stripes.

Other than that, solid work!

@noe38concepts (Instagram - Twitter)

spacer.png

36 minutes ago, NoE38 said:

Jersey designs and execution are pretty good, just a few ideas.

1. The away jersey needs more green. Maybe switch it with the brown?

2. I would make the collars on each jersey a new colour to help them stand out from the yoke.

3. The camo jersey needs arm stripes.

Other than that, solid work!

9 minutes ago, ldconcepts said:

Great job! I'd just turn one of the brown stripes on the light jersey to green to balance out the home (with presumably brown pants), as well as with the cuffs.

Great ideas guys, thank you for the feedback! I'll try to get some changes around.

@NoE38I personally think that separating the collars from the jerseys is a good idea, however I like the monochrome look on the camo jersey, so I think that will be the only one to not be changed. Arm stripes are a good idea though.

iHxPa5Y.pngqXp6spn.png

Archived