The National Volleyball League(9/30 New York logos added)

72freebie

5 minutes ago, 72freebie said:

Hey thanks a lot! I will make these changes in the next post. I agree on Montreal over Quebec now too. makes more sense. Also I think Northmen does sound a lot better. Thanks for all of your help.

Your welcome dude. Can't wait for some of these teams

IMG_1942.PNG

image.png

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Here are Edmonton's Jerseys,logos and court as well as a new title page withe the updated divisions and Montreal.

For Edmonton's jerseys I went with a wild design that follows the one from the hood of the primary logo. This design is also on the shorts and I think that these unis would definitely draw some attention for the team. The third jersey uses the wordmark with another busy design that has a big maple leaf from the secondary on the side of the jersey.

edmonton-jerseys.png

Edmonton-court.png

Edmonton.png

And here is the new title page

NVL.png

qG3b3mu.pngK0Kq4L6.pnglSDF7kP.png

I really like the jerseys and the colours you chose for Edmonton. I'm not huge on the logo, it might just be me but I think it crosses the line to objectionable. The domed skull and underbite - not to mention making an "Eskimo" logo in 2016 - is a little unnecessary. From a more design perspective the white shading on the face is a bit weird and the lightning bolt shape on the hood doesn't really jive with the other shapes.

Still excited to see where this project goes though.

Next up is the logos for the Las Vegas Venom. I went with a scorpion theme for this desert city and I wanted a unique name to go with it. I think that Venom just sounds cool and is a lot more exciting than just calling them the scorpions. The colors are sand,orange and black and the secondary and wordmark are also scorpion themed.

Las-Vegas.png

On the wordmark I think only the tail coming from the M needs to be there. Having 2 fails is counter productive because I believe scorpions have only 1 tail. The primary is great, but I keep getting a secondary vibe from it. Either way great job, can't wait for jerseys 

IMG_1942.PNG

image.png

Here is the complete package for Las Vegas. The wordmark logo has been changed with only one tail. I personally preferred it on the V instead of the M. The colors on the team league logo has also had it's colors changed.

Las-Vegas.png

The jerseys are a pretty modern and sharp design and I think that they go well with the logos. I went with a sand jersey for the away jersey because I think that this would st this team apart and it fits the desert theme. The third jersey is a recolor of the main set but uses only orange and black for a neat looking two color uniform.

Vegas-jerseys.png

and here is the court

Vegas-court.png

Next up is the Montreal Nationaux or Nationals. I went French name because I think that it still sound good and t would represent the province and city better. The Logo is fairly simple. Just an M with a stylized maple leaf i the background and a volleyball. The maroon color comes from the old Montreal Maroons Color scheme and the light blue is there because I thought it went well as an accent color with the maroon.

Montreal.png

Probably my favorite logo so far. The light blue also works because Quebecs Provincal flag is light blue. Instead of a maple leaf I was actually expecting a Flour de Lis since it fits Montreal better. 

My only nit pick is the French in the secondary. I'm no French expert at all. But I don't think the name would be Des Nationaux De Montreal Club De Volleyball. Aren't the Montreal Canadiens just Montreal de Canadiens? 

IMG_1942.PNG

image.png

4 minutes ago, CodeG said:

Probably my favorite logo so far. The light blue also works because Quebecs Provincal flag is light blue. Instead of a maple leaf I was actually expecting a Flour de Lis since it fits Montreal better. 

My only nit pick is the French in the secondary. I'm no French expert at all. But I don't think the name would be Des Nationaux De Montreal Club De Volleyball. Aren't the Montreal Canadiens just Montreal de Canadiens? 

Montreal de Canadiens translates into Montreal of Canadiens, so that wouldn't make any sense. The real name for the habs is Club de Hockey Canadien, which translates into Canadian Hockey Club. Also, Des Nationaux De Montreal Club De Volleyball translates into The Montreal Nationals Volleyball Club, which makes sense. 

@noe38concepts (Instagram - Twitter)

spacer.png

1 minute ago, NoE38 said:

Montreal de Canadiens translates into Montreal of Canadiens, so that wouldn't make any sense. The real name for the habs is Club de Hockey Canadien, which translates into Canadian Hockey Club. Also, Des Nationaux De Montreal Club De Volleyball translates into The Montreal Nationals Volleyball Club, which makes sense. 

Oh ok, sorry. I'm not very good with French. 

IMG_1942.PNG

image.png

Here are the jerseys for Montreal. I went with very simple striping for this set because I din't think that this team needed anything really out there. All three jerseys feture a classic chest stripe that comes from another certain Montreal sports team.

Montreal-Jerseys.png

And the court

Montreal-Court.png

My 3 cents on it:

1. I don't think "franchise system" works with volleyball. It looks like dodgeball, lacrosse or anything, but it does not resembles high-class volleyball. Look like some college dodgeball work, being too gentle.

2. You should add some stitching on this. Your concepts look like a mix between Lacrosse and AFL (Australian not Arena), and without a single stitch or collar, gets even worse... Number in left chest? Weren't you satisfied and had to throw hockey on this? OMG.

3. Lines this large? Logo in the center Oh, man... I imagine what comes next? Blue courts, black courts? I'm amazed FIVB hadn't banned wood courts. This is not basketball, this is awful.

Archived