Point1's OHL Rebrand (9/20: Guelph Storm)

Point1

2 hours ago, NoE38 said:

That logo is AMAZING! It works for junior hockey, but still doesn't have the cartoony look that most logos have.

For the jerseys, I think they support the logo very nicely.

The secondary logo is giving me a car badge vibe, and I like it.

(Just a few things to note, the sleeve numbers on the back of the blue jersey are white, the sleeve numbers also say 11 when they should say 10, and the one is backwards on the back sleeve numbers)

Thanks for pointing that out! I accidentally uploaded the wrong file. Should be correct now!

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks so much guys, I'm glad you liked Flint. Now here's the bad new. The Guelph Storm have me stumped. I loathe their current identity but man is it hard to mdo anything with the name Storm. I have a few concepts but nothing I'd be happy posting. In that spirit I'm going to return to them at some point when I get struck with a better idea on them. In the meantime...

#4 - Hamilton Bulldogs

Hamilton is one of the few teams in this series where I'm happy to keep their current logo with minimal changes. They've worked hard to establish this franchise (AHL and NHL) and I don't think starting over makes sense. It looks good embroidered, it's not super outdated, and it translates well to black and gold. I did replace their current weird bulldog crest alternate logo with the Hamilton Tigers H which I think is a universally solid mark. The jerseys are not Penguins rip-offs unlike their current ones. They're designed to be simple and bold, accenting the gold and letting the detail of the logo stand out.

c1shz14.png

WREtRav.png

C&C as always, and thanks for replying!

5 hours ago, ZionEagle said:

Man, all of your jerseys and logos are just spot on. Guess I won't be able to do my own OHL rebrand series, it isn't needed any more :D 

Hey the more the better! Thanks for the compliment.

Thanks for the input guys.

#5 - Kingston Frontenacs

I like the way that Kingston has modernized their unnecessarily silver infused Bruins rip-off logos. The K mark evokes their earlier identity without looking exactly like Boston. I changed their logo to get rid of the unnecessary double-outline. The jerseys are based on their current ones but quite a bit simpler and bolder.

m6hW38u.png

X3pOFvC.png

Alright, fair guys. Not the most thrilling rebrand.

#6 - Kitchener Rangers

The Kitchener Rangers have one of the oldest identities in the OHL, stretching back to when they were in the OHA. However, this means that they still look identical to the New York Rangers. When a lot of people redesign the Rangers they use their memorial logo (the one of the WWI soldier), but I honestly don't like that logo at all - the silver shading on his face makes him look like a corpse or a zombie to me. Instead I went a bit more simple. I adapted the shape of the Canadian Rangers symbol used by regiments in Northern Canada and created an alternate logo directly inspired by it as well. The jerseys were changed slightly to differentiate them from the New York team.

VJ60dC1.png

i4dcFb9.png

I'm headed back to Toronto today which means that the concept-a-day pace is sadly gonna be over. However I have a lot more lined up for this series so look forward to that. C&C appreciated as always.

Those jerseys and logos look fine! The Colts' one should be used from now on, but for Kitchener and Kingston I got two points to mention:

- Kitchener Rangers: I like that you work with the logo similar to the NY Rangers, it's still so different that it could even be used without the city as I think. And for the second logo KR is a little bit off center, may you use another font for it to fill the big space

- Kingston: Good to get away slightly from the Bruins, also the uniforms, you could add, for the roundel logo, a thicker outline to the K, at the moment the yellow seems extremely thick in the middle (where the cross and the k's outline meet), make the K outline bigger so it gets more similar

Pretty nice styles, please continue this series (the OHL needs it pretty much)!

• 4 weeks later...
  • 10 months later...

Happy Holidays again!

This series was never dead, just on hold. With some time back home I finally will be able to render some designs I've had in my head in the past year or so. I'm choosing to disregard alphabetical order and jump in with the North Bay Battalion.

#7: North Bay Battalion

The North Bay, formerly Brampton, Battalion have one of the more unique and bizarre logo sets in the OHL. With no secondary logo, the grimacing soldier in olive, yellow, black, and red is the face of the franchise. I tried really hard to maintain that colour scheme but I just couldn't find a way to make the olive colour not sickening. Instead I've simplified the colours to forest green and gold. I've always thought that cartoons of soldiers in logos is a little bit odd so I chose to go with a design inspired by the chevrons on the current sweater, intended to be simple and eye-catching. The secondaries are also based on CAF patches. I'm not a fan of militarized sports teams but with a name like Battalion it's kind of impossible to avoid.

UeEjmCt.png

XubV1gD.png

Thanks for the comments guys.

#8 - Mississauga Steelheads

The Steelheads have a very respectable 2000s-style minor league logo - well-rendered if kind of goofy. I wondered for a while what I would do to adapt it to the style I'm going for in this series, and I decided to scrap it completely in favour of going back to a classic look that followed the franchise from its original St Mikes history. The logo is Whalers-inspired, with the tail of a steelhead trout coming out of the bottom of the M, and only uses the team's two colours: blue and white. The jerseys continue to evoke the Leafs, but a shoulder yoke keeps it from being just a total copy.

FVP6daz.png

bzRUk0h.png

C&C appreciated as always.

11 hours ago, Point1 said:

Thanks for the comments guys.

#8 - Mississauga Steelheads

The Steelheads have a very respectable 2000s-style minor league logo - well-rendered if kind of goofy. I wondered for a while what I would do to adapt it to the style I'm going for in this series, and I decided to scrap it completely in favour of going back to a classic look that followed the franchise from its original St Mikes history. The logo is Whalers-inspired, with the tail of a steelhead trout coming out of the bottom of the M, and only uses the team's two colours: blue and white. The jerseys continue to evoke the Leafs, but a shoulder yoke keeps it from being just a total copy.

FVP6daz.png

bzRUk0h.png

C&C appreciated as always.

In Mississauga, where I'm from, we really like our big angry trout logo. Getting rid of the fish entirely would cause quite a backlash.

Archived