CALPROSOL - Fictional Soccer League (Team 32/40 Mission Santa Ines)

rsaline

Well it's been a while, but I'm back at it again!

Fresno Station Football Club

Established: 2005

Joined CALPROSOL: 2005

Championships: (0)

Home Grounds: Los Pollos Hermanos Park

Kit manufacturer: Puma

Kit Sponsor: Paper Street Soap Company

Fresno Station was actually established in the late 19th century when Fresno was primarily a railroad town. They were incredibly popular with the city but financially doomed, and folded in 1917. As a part of the most recent expansion, Fresno Station was revived in 2005 to join CALPROSOL. Their color scheme changed from garnet and beige to sky blue and brown, mimicking the Fresno city flag. The diagonal Fresno Station script on the crest hearkens back to their old crest which is now used as an alternate. Station's primary kits are sky blue and brown halves. Their clash for '15-'16 is a Puma-based template of pink triangles with purple trim. Fresno's third kits always honor their predecessors history with the original club crest, colors, and nickname - "The Raisins". Station has an odd situation with sponsorships, as both the Paper Street Soap Co. and Los Pollos Hermanos are front organizations. This has resulted in an investigation by CALPROSOL that should yield some news by the start of the '17-'18 season.

Presentation.thumb.png.6260bfb24d576d215093445c704296c3.png

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks for the kind words! I guess the only way to get views is volume, so here's another team.

San Bernardino Soccer Club

Established: 1996

Joined CALPROSOL: 1996

Home Grounds: Genco Pura Stadium

Kit manufacturer: Under Armour

Kit Sponsor: Oscorp Industries

San Bernardino was a part of the 1990s expansion that brought six teams to SoCal. This expansion process coincided with an influx of youth soccer to the state after the 1994 World Cup, and San Bernardino has embraced this close tie. They have one of the best academies in the league, as well as a family-friendly experience at the matches. So far, it hasn't yielded any results, but boy are they close! Be on the lookout for this club in the coming years. The Dawgs wear maroon and gold stripes with a mountain-crested badge. They've been experimenting with some neon colors on their clash and third kits recently, much to the delight of their younger fans. Their home ground, Genco Pura Stadium, sits on the San Bernardino Soccer Complex, which is home to one of the biggest and best youth soccer tournaments in California.

Presentation.thumb.png.0357fb111fd11ce6f0b95ab458e456ba.png

33 minutes ago, rsaline said:

Thanks for the kind words! I guess the only way to get views is volume, so here's another team.

San Bernardino Soccer Club

Home Grounds: Genco Pura Stadium

Kit manufacturer: Under Armour

Kit Sponsor: Oscorp Industries

San Bernardino was a part of the 1990s expansion that brought six teams to SoCal. This expansion process coincided with an influx of youth soccer to the state after the 1994 World Cup, and San Bernardino has embraced this close tie. They have one of the best academies in the league, as well as a family-friendly experience at the matches. So far, it hasn't yielded any results, but boy are they close! Be on the lookout for this club in the coming years. The Dawgs wear maroon and gold stripes with a mountain-crested badge. They've been experimenting with some neon colors on their clash and third kits recently, much to the delight of their younger fans. Their home ground, Genco Pura Stadium, sits on the San Bernardino Soccer Complex, which is home to one of the biggest and best youth soccer tournaments in California.

Presentation.thumb.png.0357fb111fd11ce6f0b95ab458e456ba.png

By far my favorite logo set in the series! They would fit into any sport and the colors are spot on. Good work!

I guess im guilty of admiring from afar. Stupid cause i know [firsthand] feedback is the lifeblood of concepts. Ive got a concept im retooling right now thats pretty similar, so believe me ive been taking notes. :lol:

Obviously the thoughtfulness and detail here are kickass. if i had any quibbles it would be the presentation. I would like to see the elements into their own capsule. Cramming and shrinking everything into a single team presentation lessens the impact of the designs for me. It takes some doing to visualize the kit in use if its not on a mannequin and its separate elements are floating around and competing for attention with other stuff 100 pixels away.

The backstory is cool, straddling fine alt history line. Am i right in reading that all other sports are still held in their current esteem but soccer just boomed as a regional west coast thing?

On 6/10/2017 at 11:26 PM, Commodore Crablegs said:

I guess im guilty of admiring from afar. Stupid cause i know [firsthand] feedback is the lifeblood of concepts. Ive got a concept im retooling right now thats pretty similar, so believe me ive been taking notes. :lol:

Obviously the thoughtfulness and detail here are kickass. if i had any quibbles it would be the presentation. I would like to see the elements into their own capsule. Cramming and shrinking everything into a single team presentation lessens the impact of the designs for me. It takes some doing to visualize the kit in use if its not on a mannequin and its separate elements are floating around and competing for attention with other stuff 100 pixels away.

The backstory is cool, straddling fine alt history line. Am i right in reading that all other sports are still held in their current esteem but soccer just boomed as a regional west coast thing?

Thanks for the comments! I will likely get into an element-separated template once all the teams get done. For now, you can click on the pictures and they should be able to zoom. In the posts I think they are only about 1/3 of the actual size. And yes, pretty much all the sports developed the same way. MLS can still exist in this world, just as a small-scale national league.

On 6/12/2017 at 1:58 AM, _OCallaghan_ said:

This league is by far one of the best concept of an alternative development of soccer in the States. You're making it so real. Carry on to see how it's going in a simulation.

Thanks! The simulations will start to come once all the teams come out. So hopefully the 17/18 season will start that. For now, I'll just tell you the most recent (2016, 2017) champions when I reveal the teams.

Also one more thing to mention. Maybe you noticed the black armbands on San Bernardino's left sleeve? Those were added midway through the season to honor the victims of the 2015 terrorist attack that took place in San Bernardino. They remained through the '16-'17 season.

Carlsbad Athletic Co-op

Home Grounds: Carlsbad City Park

Kit Sponsor: Stark Industries

A co-op is an organization whose members voluntarily cooperates to bring about mutual benefit. In many ways, Carlsbad Athletic fits this bill. The club is owned by the taxpayers, and has brought a lot of economic development to the city. Players also feel the benefit, as the club boasts some of the highest salaries and best facilities in the league. The Triads earned a bid to CALPROSOL in the 1990s, and have fully embraced their origin with bold teal and orange colors. The crest features a 3 pointed gear-like shape (called the Triad) with a water droplet inside, representing the co-ops commitment to Club, City, and CALPROSOL. They have also introduced an alternate logo that emulates the welcome sign which hangs over Carlsbad Boulevard. The Triads have never won a championship, but they always seem pretty competitive.

Presentation.thumb.png.dfdc8be006086da5543c70a9e6b8cabd.png

• 3 weeks later...

Bakersfield Chanticleers Soccer Club

Established: 1984

Joined CALPROSOL: 1988

Home Grounds: Gene Newman Stadium

Kit manufacturer: Kappa

Kit Sponsor: Globodyne Corporation

Welcome to Bakersfield! The Chanticleers are the blueprint for what a 1980s expansion team should look like. They formed in 1984 by joining an inferior league, then got a quick invite to CALPROSOL and made a big splash in the California soccer culture. The Chanticleers represent their city very well with lots of flair but also an honest work ethic rooted in the city's agriculture and oil history. Their founding owner, Gene Newman, set an early precedent for the club but they were unable to reel in a title. He passed away before the state-of-the-art Bakersfield Stadium could be completed, as a result, it was named in his honor. The Chanticleers wear purple and green hoops with gold trim. Their gold and blue clash kits pay homage to the Bakersfield Sign on Sillect Ave. The club crest is a return to the original logo. The overall shape of the bird forms the B while the eye forms the C -- something that most fans didn't notice until after the club changed their crest.

Presentation.thumb.png.6e466ce1088147ba2b17cd94ce98a37e.png

• 2 months later...

Good gravy, I'm way behind on this, but given it just got bumped, here I am. Just about everything looks good (my god, that clash kit for San Francisco City!!)

The only thing that throws me is the Chanticleers logo. I can see what it supposed to be, but it's just not coming across. Maybe it's a little too jagged/abstract...? Actually---ugh, forgive me for this, but I can't unsee it now---I'm seeing a logo for retro packages of chicken.

"Type something, will ya? We're paying for this stuff." - Peter Venkman
Complete: Stateside Soccer Federation | Complete: World Football Club Alliance | Stalled: Roller Hockey International Redux | Stalled: MLB & Soccer Crossover

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/19/2017 at 6:55 PM, DaBestoftheWest said:

These are gorgeous! Too bad it seems the thread is dead. I'd love to see more if you have it!

Thanks! More is on the way soon.

On 9/19/2017 at 10:23 PM, jdp said:

Good gravy, I'm way behind on this, but given it just got bumped, here I am. Just about everything looks good (my god, that clash kit for San Francisco City!!)

The only thing that throws me is the Chanticleers logo. I can see what it supposed to be, but it's just not coming across. Maybe it's a little too jagged/abstract...? Actually---ugh, forgive me for this, but I can't unsee it now---I'm seeing a logo for retro packages of chicken.

Well that's exactly what I was going for! Not every team in a league can have perfect aesthetics - Bakersfield chicken is awkward, but it's stuck around because it became iconic in the community and the league.

Mission San Jose Football Club

Established: 1934

Joined CALPROSOL: 1935

Championships: (5) 1942, 1946, 1960, 1984, 2017

Home Grounds: Chester W. Nimitz Memorial Stadium

Kit Sponsor: Paunch Burger

Another Original 10, the Joes are a staple of Northern California football. Rooted in tradition, they've held onto their club crest since 1949, and even that was just a slight tweak. They have a generous championship history, and won their most recent cup in 2017 after a 33 year drought. Nimitz Memorial Stadium was built in the 1960s, just after the renaming of the Nimitz Freeway (I-880). It can feel like an outdated stadium at times, but has adapted well to the needs of the club and their supporters. Mission San Jose wear red and gold stripes as often as possible, so you will hardly ever see their clash and third kits, but Puma does a nice job with them since taking over as manufacturer in 2012-2013.

Presentation.thumb.png.831f89383454cd2ca9b40c430c88ae14.png

These are all really awesome, I like the history you added into these teams. I also like the references to Pixar and Parks and Recs in the sponsors, my only problem is that Mision San Buenaventura, are sponsored by a beer company, just seemed weird for a Mission-style team to be sponsored by beer.

IMG_1942.PNG

image.png

On 10/4/2017 at 2:24 PM, CodeG said:

These are all really awesome, I like the history you added into these teams. I also like the references to Pixar and Parks and Recs in the sponsors, my only problem is that Mision San Buenaventura, are sponsored by a beer company, just seemed weird for a Mission-style team to be sponsored by beer.

I believe Paulaner Beer (Germany) was started by monks. I love how this series has gone by the way.

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

• 1 month later...

Griffith Park Football Club

Established: 1924

Joined CALPROSOL: 1935

Championships: (3) 1937, 1940, 2013

Home Grounds: Grand Central Field

Kit manufacturer: Adidas

Kit Sponsor: Initech

Here's yet another Original 10, GPFC! The Ostriches are the pride of the vast Los Angeles municipal park, and take their name from the ostrich farm that was originally on the land. Like many teams in CALPROSOL, Griffith Park have a rich military history. Many of the teams early games were played on fields at the Griffith Park Aerodrome involving players from the National Guard. Later, games were held near the Old LA Zoo. Following the closure of Grand Central Air Terminal in 1959, Grand Central Field was constructed, and GPFC have played there ever since. Although they have only three championships to their name, the Ostriches maintain a competitive club that always provides an entertaining environment for pro soccer. They traditionally wear red and blue striped primary kits. Third kits usually draw inspiration from past activities of the park, such as the observatory, aviation history, hiking trails, etc.

uD5rrFd.png

Archived