**TEMPLATES**

zer0dotcom

• Replies 844
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Aww well. I guess I wouldn't really use it in Inkscape anyway, but it is free.

Anyway, I was thinking that maybe we could get maybe a SVG template library going? If there are any of you with Illustrator that want to convert any .AI's from the Templates thread AND the Templates requests thread or if you have any really good templates in .ai, what would be awesome. If you were going to do this, I would ask that you use Mediafire.com to host the files, even over your own sites because there is no expiration dates on Mediafire(and you never know when a site might go away), and it will keep it uniform. So if nyone would be interested to help out here, as you can see we have some support, please post to signify your interest. You don't have to convert anything yet, but if you really want to then please use Mediafire for now until this gets organized. Thanks to anyone willing to help out.

GBM

(P.S. I have a SVG Revolution Helmet Template that I will probably put up, so that would be a start)

• 2 weeks later...

Alright, here's my contribution.

Football uniform front view/side view with helmet

(Edit: Deleted)

Took someone's concept and traced it in inkscape. Let me know how it 1.) works and 2.) looks. I hope you don't mind gingerbreadman, but I put in your revolution helmet (since I can't draw a helmet for the life of me) to add with the unis. I simplified it a bit, without the gradients and other effects.

Might do more sports if people want em, only took a lil over an hour.

spacer.png

erikas | go birds | dribbble 

Nice job chestnutz. Thanks for the contribution.

I think the template looks really good, but here are my initial gripes.

-No rear view, was there one in the concept?

-there is an uneven, tailing off vertex on the front view collar(the left side facing it), I think you can fix that by changing the Stroke Style (Ctrl+Shift+F). Just going through and fixing any minor things like those would make this great.

Also, I didn't make the helmet template; I had someone convert it for me. But in yours, when you brought it over to the uniform template, did you mess up the proportions? It looks off a bit. Anyway, I think these look fine without the helmet; they should be separate anyway.

Thanks so much for the contribution. Just some fine tuning would make this final(make sure you catch everything, I have a high quality expectation! :P) I don't have time to make something with it yet, so I'll let you know when I do that. Thanks again. Feel free to do more(maybe trace some of the raster ones in the Templates thread?

I have requested Speedy's permission to host his Edge template, so we'll wait and see. If he says no, then we'll have to listen.

That said, if anyone wants to convert any .AI templates they have to SVG and PM me/post here/upload to Mediafire, that would be wonderful.

Thanks again!

These are cool. I'm just getting the hang of Inkscape by practicing, but these are helping.

For hockey we could also use ASM's template.

Anyone have a basketball or baseball one?

Eagles/Heels/Dawgs/Falcons/Hawks

I'm glad. I'm doing the same thing, practicing with these.

Do you have AsM's template? I asked him for it but never got an answer... Could you up it to Mediafire if that's alright? Thanks.

For basketball, I was thinking of tracing the one I sent you, to tell you the truth.

And honestly, I don't even have a good raster baseball template, so that would be great if anybody had a nice one in raster, or even .ai and then convert it.

I'm glad this is helping people, and that I'm not the only one that felt this way in the beginning...

Alright ginger, took your suggestions and (attempted to) added a rear view. Didn't put as much detail into it, mainly because I didn't know where to put the detail haha.

Here's the new football uniform template in .svg

EDIT: Deleted. look down for updated one

By the way, here's the original concept I traced...

ramsuniconcept.png

If anyone can find me a really good template for basketball/baseball/soccer/anything, I'd be happy to convert it.

spacer.png

erikas | go birds | dribbble 

Thanks so much, I'll look at the new one when I get the chance.

By the way, "Nick/Tempest's Football Raster" in the "TEMPLATES" thread(pinned at the top of Concepts forum) is similar to that, if you need any reference for the back view. You know, here.

EDIT: chestnutz, there is an error with the quickkey on Mediafire. Maybe you should re-up it?

Here are some easy basketball ones to trace, if you're feeling generous. I would do them myself, but if you're feeling so nice, why not? :P

Syphi's Classic Basketball Template

Syphi's V-Neck Basketball Template

Syphi's Nike Wishbone Basketball Template

Archived