**TEMPLATES**

zer0dotcom

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 844
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 4 weeks later...

I'm trying to download a baseball template, but when I do, I open the file and all it is is text.

Help?

Sorry I missed this the first time. SVG files are, actually, text files at heart. They contain info on all the shapes and points that make up the file. Because of this, sometimes when you download an SVG file it might try to open it in Notepad by default, but generally all you have to do is override and open it in Inkscape and it will be fine.

Wow, pinned! I'm glad that this idea has been so successful. I hope everyone who has encountered this project has been helped out and that more people are making clean, great-looking Vector concepts as a result. I've already seen many people pick up the program for the first time and become great really quickly, and that was exactly my goal from the start. Thanks to everyone for supporting this project and in the future, happy Inkscaping!

I'm trying to download a baseball template, but when I do, I open the file and all it is is text.

Help?

Sorry I missed this the first time. SVG files are, actually, text files at heart. They contain info on all the shapes and points that make up the file. Because of this, sometimes when you download an SVG file it might try to open it in Notepad by default, but generally all you have to do is override and open it in Inkscape and it will be fine.

Wow, pinned! I'm glad that this idea has been so successful. I hope everyone who has encountered this project has been helped out and that more people are making clean, great-looking Vector concepts as a result. I've already seen many people pick up the program for the first time and become great really quickly, and that was exactly my goal from the start. Thanks to everyone for supporting this project and in the future, happy Inkscaping!

Ah, I see now. But I made my own template, so it's all cool.

WOW! Thanks to all who contirbuted to this wealth of tools.

I just got a new PC after losing tons of old stuff I wasn't able to recupe from my old drive... :( and this should help me replenish my templates.

One item for a wish list, whcih mayb a bit much, but would be nice, especially for those items that have multiple versions would be a thumbnail beside the link to see before you downlaod.

@Frenchie_TO
Owner of the Rochester Americans of the MLH

Owner of the Toronto Frenchies of the GCFHL6

• 4 weeks later...

I'm unable to properly download the first .svg baseball template that was posted. When I try to open it in Illustrator CS5, this is what I get:

error.png

Can someone reupload the template or e-mail it to me in a .svg format? The problem could be that it downloads as .svg.xml.

• 5 weeks later...

Regulars and lurkers alike at the Concepts Forum:

I am making a simple request to you all in the same vein as the very successful "SVG Movement" thread. One piece of software that has been perennially ignored in template threads has been Photoshop. Some of us prefer to use Photoshop over Illustrator or Inkscape. I personally know Photoshop a lot better and can't draw to save my life. So, my humble request is this - anyone who has a .PSD template for any sport, could you please link to it in this thread, in order to create a compendium of Photoshop-friendly templates? It would be much appreciated.

Lights Out

xLmjWVv.png

POTD: 2/4/12 3/4/12

I got this if anyone's interested. Started it for my own use about a year ago and never really perfected it cos to be honest uni's aren't really something I do a lot of so if someone can make use of it they're welcome to it.

photo_jersey_small_ref.jpg

PSD file is 8cm x 9cm @150 dpi, all panels are individually editable using hue and saturation. The cut is what you see, there are no extra panels or piping options if you want them you'll have to add them I'm afraid. It's based on the jersey the 49ers and Jags released last season so I'm pretty sure it's the most up to date Reebok style.

If anyone is keen let me know where the best place to host it is, so it's easiest for everyone to get, and I'll put it there later today.

9erssteve

9ersstevesig.png

Okay as promised here's the folder with the PSD file for the jersey I posted above. Actually there are two PSD's in the folder one is the jersey itself the other is the displacement map you'll need if you want the numbers to conform to the folds in the material and not look like they are floating.

http://www.mediafire.com/?sharekey=87cd44752063a4d96e7203eb873681290222c810472604ddd6f20ee4ff677d52

First time I've ever used a hosting thing like this so if someone could try downloading it and make sure it all works for them that would be great, any probs let me know they'll just be cos I'm a clueless newbie at this but I'll do my best to sort them asap if there are any.

Anyway, I hope you enjoy the file and I look forward to seeing what folk do with it and what new additions they can come up with to push it beyond the basic template it is just now.

9erssteve

9ersstevesig.png

Archived