2017 sports predictions

2001mark

The worst feeling in sports is inevitability, and the Pats have had that for 15 years. They even went 3-1 without Brady. Maybe it's because I don't pay attention to NCAAF so I have no feelings about Alabama, but the generational New England football dynasty really kills my interest in football.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

55 minutes ago, DG_Now said:

The worst feeling in sports is inevitability, and the Pats have had that for 15 years. They even went 3-1 without Brady. Maybe it's because I don't pay attention to NCAAF so I have no feelings about Alabama, but the generational New England football dynasty really kills my interest in football.

This is true. At least during the 49ers reign of dominance they had the decency to be interesting. 

PvO6ZWJ.png

On 12/29/2016 at 0:39 PM, DG_Now said:

The dread all year isn't fun, but when they fall, the assumption that they were invincible makes it feel great.  It's like seeing the Death Star blow up when the Patriots lose in the Super Bowl.

On 29/12/2016 at 0:39 PM, DG_Now said:

Chalk never fully pans out, you'll live.  Besides, even I as a Patriots fan am dreading an amped up NFC opponent should they get that far, the Pats after going through a gauntlet of backup QBs &/or semi vulnerable teams for Gillette.  I probably least fear Seattle (from the NFC) because I feel like they'll have to do the most with the least - possible, I doubt it.

cropped-cropped-toronto-skyline21.jpg?w=

@2001mark

CFB Nat'l Title - Alabama

Super Bowl - Green Bay

Daytona 500 - Dale Jr. (The Return)

CBB Nat'l Title - UCLA

Premier League - Chelsea

Stanley Cup - Montreal Canadiens

NBA Finals - Cleveland Cavaliers

World Series - Cleveland Indians

NASCAR Monster Cup - Chase Elliott

Grey Cup - Winnipeg Blue Bombers

Homer picks for Football

JETS|PACK|JAYS|NUFC|BAMA|BOMBERS|RAPS|ORANJE|

13 hours ago, The Giant Pacific Octopus said:

I haven't followed sports in years so I hope I'm not too outdated here. I'm assuming these teams are all still around.

Stanley Cup= Hartford Whalers

NBA Championship= Seattle Supersonics

World Series= Montreal Expos

Super Bowl = Baltimore Colts

Hurricanes - no

Thunder - if they get hot

Nationals - lols

Indianapolis - missed the playoffs

@2001mark

19 hours ago, The Giant Pacific Octopus said:

I haven't followed sports in years so I hope I'm not too outdated here. I'm assuming these teams are all still around.

Stanley Cup= Hartford Whalers

NBA Championship= Seattle Supersonics

World Series= Montreal Expos

Super Bowl = Baltimore Colts

All are still possible.

NFL: Pats over Giants

NBA: Warriors over Cavs

NHL: Hawks over Jackets

MLB: Cubs over BoSox

WNBA: Lynx over Sparks

NWHL: Pride over Rivs

NLL: Swarm over Mammoth

MLL: Lizards over Cannons

AHL: BabyPens over Ads

Thunder Bay Lynx - International Hockey Association (2 seasons, 2017-18, 2019-20, 2018 Xtreme Cup Champions) | Houston Armadillos - Major League Hockey (2 seasons, 2016-18) | Minnesota Muskies - North American Basketball Association (1 season, 2017-2018) | Louisville Thoroughbreds - United League of Baseball (1 season, 2017, 2017 United Cup Champions) | Las Vegas Thunderbirds - International Basketball League (1 season, 2016-17, 2017 Champions) 

Just now, jmac11281 said:

In the ALCS, maybe, but who do the Indians play in the World Series?

Jeez, that should have been Cubs over BoSox. I had a hard time trying to figure out who my pick was, of those two, in the ALCS, guess I got stuck on it.

Thunder Bay Lynx - International Hockey Association (2 seasons, 2017-18, 2019-20, 2018 Xtreme Cup Champions) | Houston Armadillos - Major League Hockey (2 seasons, 2016-18) | Minnesota Muskies - North American Basketball Association (1 season, 2017-2018) | Louisville Thoroughbreds - United League of Baseball (1 season, 2017, 2017 United Cup Champions) | Las Vegas Thunderbirds - International Basketball League (1 season, 2016-17, 2017 Champions) 

NFL: Eff the Patriots

NBA: Cavs (over the Rockets!)

MLS: Sounders

I don't watch other leagues enough to comment.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

On 28/12/2016 at 11:52 PM, 2001mark said:

NCAAF - Alabama

Super Bowl - New England Patriots

Daytona 500 - Keselowski

Australian Open - Murray, S.Williams

NCAAB - Gonzaga

The Masters - Brent Snedeker
French Open - Djokovic, Kerber

Stanley Cup - Tampa Bay Lightning

NBA Finals - Cleveland Cavaliers

Wimbledon - Raonic, Halep

US Open - Mcllroy

The Open - Spieth

PGA - Fowler

US Open - Djokovic, S.Williams

World Series - Los Angeles Dodgers

MLS - Toronto FC

F1 - Vettel

Welp... only 2 out of 8 for me to conclude winter & beginning of springtime.  Sexy times.  Lightning didn't even make the f'n playoffs ftw.

@2001mark

Archived