College Football Uniforms - 2017 Season

buckeye

For those unaware of their first appearance, two years ago, the "Iron Wolf" uniforms were used against Syracuse - and we get to see them again tomorrow. The only change is the helmet logo going from the Block S to Tuffy, and it still looks awful. The following week, they'll be going "All Black" for their Thursday night home game against Louisvillle - afterward hopefully they can settle back into their regular sets down what could be an important stretch run. 

F9IMAGE0.thumb.jpg.8abcfd56245acc13dde2f990affdc240.jpg

• Replies 4.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Webfooter said:

So much promise but they ruined it with the gray pants.

1. DK2cQiqU8AEmWGo.jpg

That Bugle on the helmet. Hahaha.

That uniform was ruined by the grey pants, I agree. It's a shame, they looked terrific from the waist up as other posters commented,

18 hours ago, Lights Out said:

They missed a big opportunity here... this logo would have looked so much better:

iu685g4n6nednmrq0s9pid1n6.png

Yeah, this looks much better than what they've got on the helmet.  I don't understand the love for the actual one they use -- it looks like a create-a-team logo.

IUe6Hvh.png

1 hour ago, upperV03 said:

Oregon State going orange/black/black on Saturday against UW:

B5961705-B74B-4B40-8958-FC5F422FB3A8.thumb.jpeg.f67f006b056447e3b9f22af29360bb7a.jpeg

I didn’t really like this combo when they wore it against Boise State last season, and I don’t really like it now either. 

Quickest fix would be to change the center orange stripe to white, which would better tie it in to other uniform elements that do have white.  It's the same problem that schools like Arizona and Syracuse have with their sets.

6 hours ago, Webfooter said:

Quickest fix would be to change the center orange stripe to white, which would better tie it in to other uniform elements that do have white.  It's the same problem that schools like Arizona and Syracuse have with their sets.

Same problem Illinois had when they first unveiled their set.. The orange helmet had the thin white stripe between the wider blue stripes, but the orange pants replaced the white with orange, which was such a visual clash.. Such a missed opportunity with such an obvious solution..

#SkiUMah #RowTheBoat #USA #SupportTheTroops #FightCancer #BlackLivesMatter #AllLivesMatter #GoldyBirthday #MaroonLife #TwinCities #PaulWasTheWalrus #IAmKillroy #FrodoLives #LitFire

We've reached the singularity folks, and it's name is College Football Twitter. 

UyDgMWP.jpg

5th in NAT. TITLES  |  2nd in CONF. TITLES  |  5th in HEISMAN |  7th in DRAFTS |  8th in ALL-AMER  |  7th in WINS  |  4th in BOWLS |  1st in SELLOUTS  |  1st GAMEDAY SIGN

1 hour ago, upperV03 said:

Minnesota’s helmets for tomorrow:

Trigger warning:  Anti-patriotism rant coming up.

I know it's unpopular at the moment to bring politics into sports.  And a lot of people feel like the military has been a little disrespected with this whole kneeling thing recently, but  . . . I’m so sick of our country using sports, especially college sports and public schools as military propaganda.  I understand that respecting and honoring our service men and women is important, and their sacrifice deserves our respect, but this isn’t about respect, it’s about PR.  I don’t even like the national anthem being played before games, but I understand the tradtion.  What I don’t understand is the flyovers, the flag uniforms, the military salutes, the stand and clap for a veteran who just got home from overseas, etc.  It is military recruiting propaganda aimed at kids and families being done with public money (although they don’t disclose that), during sporting events played by unpaid and exploited students.  It is a disgrace.

That's a nice helmet though.  I like the glitter.  

8 hours ago, Duck_Duck said:

What I don’t understand is the flyovers, the flag uniforms, the military salutes, the stand and clap for a veteran who just got home from overseas, etc.  It is military recruiting propaganda aimed at kids and families being done with public money (although they don’t disclose that), during sporting events played by unpaid and exploited students.  It is a disgrace.

Flyovers are badass, no matter who or where you are (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_dTmrSI0bts)

flag uniforms are indeed over-played;

military salutes really aren't that bad, especially if you believe in altruism;

all military recruiting is used with public money; but on the flip side, a lot of military jobs are pretty phenomenal.  Do you go to the ROTC office and complain they are spreading propaganda to college kids? 

"unpaid" (need a fact check here) and exploited (subjective definition) student athletes (who may or may no go to class) receive more perks and benefits than any other student group, 

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

Archived