College Football Uniforms - 2017 Season

buckeye

Ohio has such a great look. Aren't they Russell currently?  I think some of the "non designer" brands (ie, not Nike, UA or Adidas) can work really well on simple, classic looks. 

As in the case of Ohio, if it ain't broke don't fix it. 

UyDgMWP.jpg

5th in NAT. TITLES  |  2nd in CONF. TITLES  |  5th in HEISMAN |  7th in DRAFTS |  8th in ALL-AMER  |  7th in WINS  |  4th in BOWLS |  1st in SELLOUTS  |  1st GAMEDAY SIGN

• Replies 4.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, buckeye said:

Please don't mess with one of the best sets in the country Adidas...

NIU and WMU are adidas and have pretty basic sets, avoiding the usual adidas trainwrecks.

Ok, Fleck had WMU going a little heavy on the boat theme the last year or so, but that dude is just weird. I'd imagine Solich will keep things in check at Ohio.

5 minutes ago, Clintau24 said:

"ruin a classic look"?

Did you see what Russell did to their pants this year?

12154015.jpeg

The only thing that's missing is the OHIO wordmark going down with it. :D

4 hours ago, Germanshepherd said:

Adidas has done well with classic looks before, let's not act like they're completely incapable. It just depends if Ohio wants to go crazy or not. 

IMG_0887.JPG

As a fan of maybe the one P5 team Adidas HASN'T ruined, I don't like their odds. For every Adidas Nebraska set, there are about 17 UCLA all terrain radials. 

UyDgMWP.jpg

5th in NAT. TITLES  |  2nd in CONF. TITLES  |  5th in HEISMAN |  7th in DRAFTS |  8th in ALL-AMER  |  7th in WINS  |  4th in BOWLS |  1st in SELLOUTS  |  1st GAMEDAY SIGN

7 hours ago, walkerws said:

Yeah. The Nebraska alternate unis have been mixed

Oh, I'll give you that completely. I just meant the everyday normal uniforms. I don't get bent out of shape for a single alternate game each year.

But seeing what they've done to UCLA, among others, makes me concerned in general. 

It's sad im a way, though, because the QUALITY of the gear is great.  I see Nebraska receivers RAVING on social media about the AdiZero cleats and other gear being stupidly light and strong. It's just their design team that needs a slap upside the head. 

UyDgMWP.jpg

18 minutes ago, Lights Out said:

That's assuming Ohio even keeps the UCLA stripes. Last time they were with Adidas, they didn't have them.

GqwKbai.jpg

Back before the dark times... 

UyDgMWP.jpg

1 hour ago, MJWalker45 said:

I think Solich prefers the UCLA stripes as I believe he changed over to them when he arrived.

I didn't mean Solich (he was a Husker guy first, remember!) but rather the times before Adidas starting royally sh+++g on the face of college football uniform design. 

UyDgMWP.jpg

17 hours ago, FSUViking said:

I know it's only March but when do we usually see the new uniforms start to roll out? 

It's just dependent on the individual teams. Some teams do it around their spring game, some teams do it in the summer, and some even wait until the fall. I'd guess we'll start to see some new things in the next month or so.

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

7 hours ago, upperV03 said:

It's just dependent on the individual teams. Some teams do it around their spring game, some teams do it in the summer, and some even wait until the fall. I'd guess we'll start to see some new things in the next month or so.

Most of the teams known for "big splashes" (Oregon) are pretty erratic with their announcements. The traditional teams who typically drop a single alternate (Texas, Notre Dame, etc) each season seem like they unveil during the summer lull leading up to fall camp and the school/conference media days. 

UyDgMWP.jpg

16 minutes ago, pianoknight said:

Most of the teams known for "big splashes" (Oregon) are pretty erratic with their announcements. The traditional teams who typically drop a single alternate (Texas, Notre Dame, etc) each season seem like they unveil during the summer lull leading up to fall camp and the school/conference media days. 

Yeah, that's generally how it goes. Oregon never even had a formal unveiling of their new set last season, although that was due in part to them not really having a cohesive set to begin with. But to your point, many of the teams that tend to have quite a few uniforms, helmets, alternates etc. seem to keep people guessing for as long as possible.

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

Archived