College Football Uniforms - 2017 Season

buckeye

• Replies 4.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 hours ago, Germanshepherd said:

New WKU Uniforms. Generic Nike Templated garbage as usual. 

IMG_1351.JPG

IMG_1352.JPG

IMG_1353.JPG

I feel like the chrome helmet has kind of became their thing. Other than Memphis I don't know who else wears a chrome silver helmet regularly...

North Alabama (UNA) has revealed their first adidas set. Sadly, we just have the hype video now. They said pictures will be available "next week." (seriously, don't reveal a uniform with just a video. Have pictures at the ready.)

The Lions had previously worn Russell. This is also the first time they will ever wear a white helmet. They move up from DII to FCS next season.

UNAFeature.jpg

"I believe in Auburn and love it!"

ojNNazQ.jpg

Oregon sported some new green pants for picture day, complete with the diamond swoosh on them:

When pictures started floating around earlier in the summer of recruits and incoming freshman/transfers with the green jerseys from last season, except with the diamond swoosh on them, I figured that wasn't an indication of what'd be worn this season, but now that there seems to be matching pants as well, I'm not so sure anymore. It seems odd that their uniforms for this upcoming season would feature the diamond swoosh since that's previously only been used on Nike's CFP uniforms, but perhaps it could've been a special request by Coach Taggart or something. In addition, there have been quite a few clues to suggest that their jerseys for this upcoming season could revert back to their 2012-15 number font, so I haven't been expecting any of last season's jerseys to be used again this season. I guess time will tell whether or not these jerseys and pants with the diamond swoosh on them will actually be used, and whether or not any of the jerseys from last season will be used again this year.

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

It'd be nice to know what they're actually going to do since usually by this time, there would have been some type of leak of the uniforms.  Plus, with them having only worn their white helmets for fall practices so far, we haven't seen them breaking their full lineup of potential helmets like they used to do in past fall camps.

10 hours ago, 4_tattoos said:

Didn't the early 2000's Canes wear green more often than orange? I know they didn't introduce a set of orange pants for the "Dorsey uniforms" until like their final year in the Big East. Between 2000 and 2003 I seem to remember them wearing green over white or green over green at home games more often than they did orange over white. Their road set was white over green until they added the orange pants option. Don't recall them ever going all white with that set of uniforms. Could be wrong about that though.

I'm fairly certain that, at home, orange over white was worn far more than green/white in the 2000-03 years.  Green pants were the original away pants, but white pants were worn on the road against BC a few times and WV (in 2000). I think Miami was one of the first teams to call their all-whites the "storm trooper" look.  Orange pants were introduced in 2003.  

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

On 8/10/2017 at 7:44 PM, VikingsNotMinnesota said:

The moral here is that it's ok to use the student athletes as literal billboards while they are practicing in front of :censored:ing nobody, but attempting to independently make money off of their own athletic ability destroys the amateur spirit of college football and they need to be made an example of :)

That Jordan logo has what can be described as a cult following. A legion of young folks born around and after Jordan retired in 1998 don that logo on every type of clothing. Just go to your local mall.

It's definitely beneficial marketing my Nike but I don't think any UNC player was upset having to don that logo on the helmet. 

And I agree with you absolutely garrish and unnecessary. UNC and Michigan football is sporting a basketball logo. That'll never make sense to me.

On 8/6/2017 at 0:38 PM, DNAsports said:

Most people's problem with the Jumpman logo on the helmet is the fact that it's a basketball logo and should be used exclusively as such. If a team has a uniform deal with any brand, that brand logo should be able to be placed on any part of that uniform. Including the helmet. As long as the manufacturer logo doesn't make it's way to game day helmets I'm completely okay with it. It's not hurting anything.

I don’t think that’s the root of most people’s problem.

You can’t honestly even call this a manufacturer logo, because the brand isn’t making (or contracting the making of) those helmets. That exposes it as just an advertisement, which is the reason people find it inappropriate.

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

1 hour ago, andrewharrington said:

I don’t think that’s the root of most people’s problem.

You can’t honestly even call this a manufacturer logo, because the brand isn’t making (or contracting the making of) those helmets. That exposes it as just an advertisement, which is the reason people find it inappropriate.

Exactly.  How soon until we see Papa Johns on Louisville practice helmets or Wells Fargo on UCLA or USC.

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

I believe that the ones complaining about the Jumpman being a "basketball logo" are either overreacting or having a difficult time putting their frustration with the logo's use into words. MJ's legacy is not simply as one of the greatest basketball players of all time, but as one of the greatest sportsmen of all time, and respect and admiration for his legacy are universal across all sports. It's a sports logo and I do not see the tiny basketball included as making it illegitimate for use in other sports. It isn't "ridiculous" or "awkward."

What there should be concern about is the door that the Jumpman's use may open for other corporate entities (though Red Bull has already been doing crazy stuff like this for a longg time). We'll see.

6 minutes ago, Gupti said:

I believe that the ones complaining about the Jumpman being a "basketball logo" are either overreacting or having a difficult time putting their frustration with the logo's use into words. MJ's legacy is not simply as one of the greatest basketball players of all time, but as one of the greatest sportsmen of all time, and respect and admiration for his legacy are universal across all sports. It's a sports logo and I do not see the tiny basketball included as making it illegitimate for use in other sports. It isn't "ridiculous" or "awkward."

What there should be concern about is the door that the Jumpman's use may open for other corporate entities (though Red Bull has already been doing crazy stuff like this for a longg time). We'll see.

This is my issue with it. Will corporate sponsors pay an extra $3 million for the helmet and $2 million for jersey? 

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

5 minutes ago, Power_Ranger_Rick said:

New Mexico State released templated UA BFBS unis. Nothing to see here. (Well, except for maybe the sweet crossed pistols on the sleeve cap)

#MakeAPlay

#DoSomething

These hashtags are getting absurd. Reminds me of the old sales standby, "hope is NOT a strategy." Seems like there's a lot of emphasis lately on doing something/whatever to make something else happen/not happen. 

Call me old fashioned, but I thought that's why you have a coach. 

UyDgMWP.jpg

5th in NAT. TITLES  |  2nd in CONF. TITLES  |  5th in HEISMAN |  7th in DRAFTS |  8th in ALL-AMER  |  7th in WINS  |  4th in BOWLS |  1st in SELLOUTS  |  1st GAMEDAY SIGN

2 hours ago, Power_Ranger_Rick said:

Looks like the outlandish uniforms have left Western Michigan with PJ Fleck. 

These aren't bad, but I'd just like to see this team go brown and gold full time.

Hotter Than July > Thriller

8 hours ago, Gupti said:

I remember seeing that jumpman logo in middle school - somewhere around 1990 or so.  

So after 27 years, the logo is being donned on uniforms of football teams. If it's universal and fits outside of basketball, why did it take so long for this to happen?

I think the argument would be that it's meant to be exclusive - that only a few echelon programs merit affiliation - UNC, UC, Cal.   That's why there's only three college bball teams that wear it right?

So here comes Harbaugh being totally non-orthodox in everything he's doing at UM, and pulls this gimmick out.  UNC itself I heard didn't want it when they were the first offered. Now they become the 2nd team.   Here's my thinking - it will fall off the wayside.  It's absurdity will eventually be parceled out, especially when the teams can revert back to the parent swoosh.  The Jordan logo is superfluous

If anything it should've been used on a college baseball team first.  At least there's a direct correlation there.  Previously non-bball athletes wore it on their shoes.  I can totally buy that since it started out as a shoe logo.

Archived