College Football Uniforms - 2017 Season

buckeye

• Replies 4.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Here are some screenshots from the teaser video. The lack of shoulder stripes and bevel on the number is interesting as those 2 features have been the main design element of A&M's uniform since 2012. This is the first time I can recall seeing the shockweb pattern on the numbers themselves. Perhaps Adidas has found a way to have the numbers actually be part of the fabric rather than use an application that gets distorted with the uniform.

uni03.jpg

uni02.jpg

uni04.jpg

uni01.jpg

uni05.jpg

16 hours ago, jerrylawless3 said:

New helmets for the Fightin' Rainbow Warriors. 

Might be one of the best matte helmets I've ever seen. Hawaii's colors work so well with it that I can overlook the shiny stickers on matte texture. I honestly feel like it looks better than if they just did a regular shiny helmet, mostly due to it looking less messy with all of the dark green and black. Awesome job Hawaii, now just bring back the Colt Brennan uniforms and you'll be set.

Louisiana-Monroe revealed a new academic logo today. Apparently the football team will be wearing it with throwback uniforms. The war plane uniforms will be back as well, per the equipment team's twitter

"I believe in Auburn and love it!"

ojNNazQ.jpg

16 minutes ago, Clintau24 said:

Louisiana-Monroe revealed a new academic logo today. Apparently the football team will be wearing it with throwback uniforms. The war plane uniforms will be back as well, per the equipment team's twitter

I like this uniform except for the stripes and cuff combo . should go with one or the other imo . 

Cal Bears | Miami Dolphins | Cleveland Cavaliers |
@dcjames5

1 hour ago, Clintau24 said:

That's a pretty damn ingenious way to tie back to the old NLU logo.

NLU+helmet.jpg

gYH2mW9.png

8 minutes ago, GeauxColonels said:

That's a pretty damn ingenious way to tie back to the old NLU logo.

NLU+helmet.jpg

Here's a better look at the new academic logo compared to the old:

@loganaweaver - Twitter / @loganaweaver - Instagram / Nike Vapor Untouchable Football Template  / Logan's Logos

On 8/13/2017 at 11:21 PM, Derek94 said:

I remember seeing that jumpman logo in middle school - somewhere around 1990 or so.  

So after 27 years, the logo is being donned on uniforms of football teams. If it's universal and fits outside of basketball, why did it take so long for this to happen?

I think the argument would be that it's meant to be exclusive - that only a few echelon programs merit affiliation - UNC, UC, Cal.   That's why there's only three college bball teams that wear it right?

So here comes Harbaugh being totally non-orthodox in everything he's doing at UM, and pulls this gimmick out.  UNC itself I heard didn't want it when they were the first offered. Now they become the 2nd team.   Here's my thinking - it will fall off the wayside.  It's absurdity will eventually be parceled out, especially when the teams can revert back to the parent swoosh.  The Jordan logo is superfluous

If anything it should've been used on a college baseball team first.  At least there's a direct correlation there.  Previously non-bball athletes wore it on their shoes.  I can totally buy that since it started out as a shoe logo.

As long as the recruits put value in the Jordan brand, it will have staying power.. The kids :censored:ing LOVE it.. That's why it's on the uniforms.. It's a brand logo, not a basketball logo, and the Jordan brand is synonymous with UNC, so I have no issue with it being there.. I've seen the impact brands and logos can have on recruiting.. Adidas ShockWeb and PrimeKnit work for schools because recruits love them.. Chrome helmets work for schools because recruits love them.. I work for an Adidas school, and I personally wish all our gear could have the old Adidas trefoil "leaf" logo like Notre Dame's shamrock series jerseys did one year.. The old school "adidas originals" logo would be super popular.. It's not about looking good, it's about getting recruits.. And apparently ugly gets recruits..

Archived