College Football Uniforms - 2017 Season

buckeye

• Replies 4.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
19 minutes ago, Ciaranowls said:

Those are definitely just their new anthracite jerseys. They aren't any darker than the anthracite jerseys from their last set, it's just the lighting in that image making the jersey appear that way.

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

9 hours ago, Cardsblues02 said:

It really is, the bird is well done and it brings back memories of the old logo. I really like this.

as an NLU alum, I am a little disappointed in this. It reminds me when we switched over to ULM, looks like someone just fired up MS paint and dropped in the U and M. Wish they could have done something different with the U and M. 

I am sore,wounded, but not slain

I will lay down and bleed a while

And then rise up to fight again

30 minutes ago, lahaye7 said:

as an NLU alum, I am a little disappointed in this. It reminds me when we switched over to ULM, looks like someone just fired up MS paint and dropped in the U and M. Wish they could have done something different with the U and M. 

I can understand this. But the old mascot needed to go. Times were changing, and at least ULM was one of the first to switch, rather than wait and have to rebuild their brand in the 2010s, like Univ. North Dakota has to do. The UND Fighting Souix Hawks...the Warhawks now have an established brand, and have had one for a bit. The logo may not be done great, but it brings back memories and still incorporates the Warhawk. The U and M may look a bit...rushed. But I still think this is a good logo.

Image may contain: one or more people, people playing sports, football and outdoor

In their game against the Europe Warriors (players from and playing in Europe), which commemorated their 90 years of football, the UNAM Pumas used a special logo on one side of their helmets. Made an earlier post with their new home uniforms, but they hadn't unveiled these helmets yet. Personally I like the logo, but I am not sure whether it will be used all season. (Photo cred Pumas CU FBA Facebook page)

On 8/11/2017 at 11:33 AM, GeauxColonels said:

Those Miami unis would look so much better without the tire-tread pattern. I don't understand why that's even a thing. Has Adidas ever put out literature explaining the purpose of the pattern in the fabric?

Totally agree, I've never liked that pattern crap. It needs to go

4 hours ago, ColoradoMinesCole said:

Image may contain: one or more people, people playing sports, football and outdoor

In their game against the Europe Warriors (players from and playing in Europe), which commemorated their 90 years of football, the UNAM Pumas used a special logo on one side of their helmets. Made an earlier post with their new home uniforms, but they hadn't unveiled these helmets yet. Personally I like the logo, but I am not sure whether it will be used all season. (Photo cred Pumas CU FBA Facebook page)

whats up with the scratches all over the helmet?

spacer.png

23 minutes ago, Ciaranowls said:

whats up with the scratches all over the helmet?

My guess is that the helmets aren't reconditioned as often as those we see from college football teams in the United States. Probably a few years worth of wear and year on those bad boys.

2 hours ago, aild87 said:

My guess is that the helmets aren't reconditioned as often as those we see from college football teams in the United States. Probably a few years worth of wear and year on those bad boys.

Even high schools in the US have to recondition once a year. When you only have one helmet for every player and they wear them every day, they can get pretty beat up. Those look like helmets you see on high school teams after spring ball, summer and fall camp.

9 hours ago, Cardsblues02 said:

I can understand this. But the old mascot needed to go. Times were changing, and at least ULM was one of the first to switch, rather than wait and have to rebuild their brand in the 2010s, like Univ. North Dakota has to do. The UND Fighting Souix Hawks...the Warhawks now have an established brand, and have had one for a bit. The logo may not be done great, but it brings back memories and still incorporates the Warhawk. The U and M may look a bit...rushed. But I still think this is a good logo.

oh I had no problem with the mascot change, just the half hearted effort with the new logos. I like the Warhawk L, but it could have been better. 

I am sore,wounded, but not slain

I will lay down and bleed a while

And then rise up to fight again

35 minutes ago, lahaye7 said:

oh I had no problem with the mascot change, just the half hearted effort with the new logos. I like the Warhawk L, but it could have been better. 

I see. I can understand where you are coming from with the new logos. I personally like them, but I guess the designers cant please everyone. I love this ULM logo, and the current primary. Not a fan of the gray uniforms though. 

Archived