College Football Uniforms - 2017 Season

buckeye

The alternates by A&M

http://news.adidas.com/us/latest-news/football/texas-a-m---adidas-unveil-special-edition--bright-lights--alternate-football-uniforms/s/cc13c3dd-0cea-4ee8-aceb-a7ac0929556e

Texas A&M and adidas today unveiled the "Bright Lights" Primeknit alternate football uniform, which will be worn by the Aggies on Saturday, October 28 versus Mississippi State at Kyle Field.

481844.JPEG

"Man, everybody hates that primeknit but we are really proud of it...what can we do to show it off?"

"I got an idea..."

+1 for giant logo on the hip

481843.JPEG

This is really bad. I get Adidas figured out how to get two colors, make the tire treads a different color, but black? that looks really dumb, not to mentions the helmet looks off color and even the jersey looks a little more red than maroon. I would like for this to never see the light of day.

• Replies 4.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, YesterdayWasCool said:

The alternates by A&M

http://news.adidas.com/us/latest-news/football/texas-a-m---adidas-unveil-special-edition--bright-lights--alternate-football-uniforms/s/cc13c3dd-0cea-4ee8-aceb-a7ac0929556e

481844.JPEG

"Man, everybody hates that primeknit but we are really proud of it...what can we do to show it off?"

"I got an idea..."

+1 for giant logo on the hip

481843.JPEG

This is really bad. I get Adidas figured out how to get two colors, make the tire treads a different color, but black? that looks really dumb, not to mentions the helmet looks off color and even the jersey looks a little more red than maroon. I would like for this to never see the light of day.

Literally the only thing this has going for it is that the numbers aren't beveled. Everything else sucks. 

It makes zero sense for A&M and adidas to do this. The uniform gets rid of the identifiable aspects that TAMU has been known for the last 5 years. The shoulder stripes and number bevels were unique to A&M, and they just ditched it. The Shockweb being as prominent as it is is the worst part of this all.

"I believe in Auburn and love it!"

ojNNazQ.jpg

7 minutes ago, cajunaggie08 said:

Heres a video of Snoop Dogg showing of the new jersey. The colors dont look too off under normal lighting. The shockweb still stands out more than normal, but its not AS bad as it looks in some of the promo shots.

I'd argue the black looks worse in the Snoop video than the promo shots.

ojNNazQ.jpg

2 hours ago, cajunaggie08 said:

Heres a video of Snoop Dogg showing of the new jersey. The colors dont look too off under normal lighting. The shockweb still stands out more than normal, but its not AS bad as it looks in some of the promo shots.

Still looks like the jerseys pee wee teams order from the low cost suppliers.

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

3 hours ago, cajunaggie08 said:

The shockweb makes it look like they come with sweat stains built into the fabric imo

Few items

Montana State has a new grey alternate

Eastern Michigan has a new grey helmet and white jerseys

Notre Dame is teasing something for tomorrow. They won't be playing a Shamrock Series game, but rumor was they'd still have an alternate.

And some big news out of the JuCo ranks, as adidas has signed on to outfit the ENTIRE league - 3,400 teams over 25 sports

ojNNazQ.jpg

7 hours ago, Clintau24 said:

It makes zero sense for A&M and adidas to do this. The uniform gets rid of the identifiable aspects that TAMU has been known for the last 5 years. The shoulder stripes and number bevels were unique to A&M, and they just ditched it. The Shockweb being as prominent as it is is the worst part of this all.

6 hours ago, cajunaggie08 said:

3 hours ago, Jetlodge said:

The shockweb makes it look like they come with sweat stains built into the fabric imo

Technically that isn't ShockWeb.. It's PrimeKnit

10 hours ago, YesterdayWasCool said:

The alternates by A&M

481844.JPEG

481843.JPEG

These guys were probably paid a lot of money, and went through years of training to get together in primo braining storming sessions, and the idea they came up was "hey, what if we colored IN, the tech-fit mesh?!" ? What a joke.

Archived