College Football Uniforms - 2017 Season

buckeye

1 minute ago, Lights Out said:

The white jersey uses Adidas' new TechFit Hype template. The grey jersey appears to use the old Climacool miCheckdown template, which Adidas no longer offers. Regardless, both are better than the super-stretchy material that Adidas forces on their marquee programs.

As limiting as it is aesthetically, it’s a fantastic piece for the players, which is why they love it. Finding the balance between aesthetics and function is the key to its success.

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

• Replies 4.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
14 hours ago, djam2410 said:

They also trotted out a few weird jerseys last year:

image.jpg

The white one resembles the Under Armour template

western-michigan-broncos-defensive-back-

funny enough, the only game they wore shockweb/primeknit was in the cotton bowl uniforms (I'm sure Adidas wanted to capitalize) 

usa-today-9784111.0.jpeg

Hard to tell but it is there . 

Are the Cotton bowl unis brown or black? I cant tell

1 hour ago, andrewharrington said:

As limiting as it is aesthetically, it’s a fantastic piece for the players, which is why they love it. Finding the balance between aesthetics and function is the key to its success.

exactly what i'm writing about right now :) 

GRAPHIC ARTIST

BEHANCE  /  MEDIUM  /  DRIBBBLE

1 hour ago, Lights Out said:

The white jersey uses Adidas' new TechFit Flex Stripe template. The grey jersey appears to use the old Climacool miCheckdown template, which Adidas no longer offers. Regardless, both are better than the super-stretchy material that Adidas forces on their marquee programs.

I believe the grey jersey is actually this. 

IMG_3665.PNG

Letsgoblue.png

holland_hs_sig.pngHollandMichiganPNG_zps9365937b.png

Today for some photo shoots, Oregon players once again wore the updated versions of last season's green jerseys with the silver swoosh and new NOB font, as well as the new green pants:

IMG_6911.thumb.PNG.ddecf65351872cfa356bf13425a3bb5c.PNG

It seems a near certainty that these new green pants will be used this upcoming season, but it remains to be seen whether the jerseys will actually be used again as well or if they're just placeholders until they show off new stuff during the season. Since the new pants have the same silver swoosh and yellow duck logo as the jerseys, it seems increasingly likely that the jerseys will indeed be carried over to this season, but it's hard to say for sure until the season starts since there's been so many conflicting reports, rumors, hints, etc. flying around.

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

7 hours ago, Lights Out said:

The white jersey uses Adidas' new TechFit Flex Stripe template. The grey jersey appears to use the old Climacool miCheckdown template, which Adidas no longer offers. Regardless, both are better than the super-stretchy material that Adidas forces on their marquee programs.

The TechFit Flex Stripe template is in at least its second season at this point, and the grey jersey is the ShockLight FilthyQuick template..

Both are currently available

35 minutes ago, Power_Ranger_Rick said:

VT with 3D back bumpers. Also is that grad cap sticker standard for the ACC, or do they not have a graduate recognition program?

Virginia Tech has had that grad cap sticker for years, and I don't think it's standard for ACC.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

On 8/18/2017 at 4:22 PM, andrewharrington said:

I think they went too far on these. The helmet and cleats are definitely the right concept, but the jersey itself should be more of a true homage, with solid white numbers and little else. The shoulder piping and sleeve print are the least vintage thing they could have done. They could have gotten away with ND on the sleeve, but they cluttered up the front with a triangle of big logos instead. Grey facemasks and no names are their thing, so why are they abandoned on a uniform that's supposed to represent ND heritage? 

I agree.

Just because these are the best One-offs Notre Dame has done in a while, doesn't mean much when the bar was low to begin with.  In my opinion, the shoulder caps are the most egregious part of these uniforms.  The piping and words serve no purpose, as all.  At least with the name on back, fans can order custom jerseys for previous players?  I don't know.  I can deal with the facemask and the logos, since the facemask in a minor design aspect and the logos ARE for a one-off.

22 minutes ago, Clintau24 said:

Shameless plug - my article tracking every uniform change of the summer has been published today

http://www.auburnuniforms.com/2017/08/2017-ncaa-uniform-recap.html

599aeb336bc23_2017unis2.png.1734ccb84a1bc1c901bbd19fd513f83a.png

Awesome job - I think Air Force will be wearing a throwback in addition to their anniversary patch.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

Archived