College Football Uniforms - 2017 Season

buckeye

• Replies 4.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 hours ago, chrome14 said:

Teams switching suppliers must wait until the current contract runs out, usually July.

I am intrigued on how Adidas will make Rutgers look.

Me too. IMO Rutgers' recent changes held up well against the rest of the Big Ten teams but now I have a sinking feeling Adidas might wanna tamper with that progress. 

IMG_0254.JPG

Midway.png

On 4/7/2017 at 2:37 AM, Midway said:

Me too. IMO Rutgers' recent changes held up well against the rest of the Big Ten teams but now I have a sinking feeling Adidas might wanna tamper with that progress. 

IMG_0254.JPG

I am a little shocked a lot of schools are still switching to Adidas, despite their problems on how to design uniforms (and not just for football).  But I guess the almighty dollar is too good to pass up, even if they don't look any better.

OT: In the 2017 Detroit Lions thread somebody posted an old photo of North Carolina in which they had drop shadow numbers on their jerseys. Not usually a fan of drop shadow, but it looked pretty good with UNC's colors. If they ever decided to bring that back to their uniforms, I'd be fine with it.

Hotter Than July > Thriller

20 hours ago, 4_tattoos said:

OT: In the 2017 Detroit Lions thread somebody posted an old photo of North Carolina in which they had drop shadow numbers on their jerseys. Not usually a fan of drop shadow, but it looked pretty good with UNC's colors. If they ever decided to bring that back to their uniforms, I'd be fine with it.

I thought the drop shadow on UNC's jerseys made for way too much clutter.  I think they look way better without it.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

10 minutes ago, Red Wolf said:

Don't they usually though? Not like that's been Adidas' fault. 

Their latest set was actually pretty nice for the most part. It certainly still had its flaws but it was much better than their previous sets with unnecessary and ugly paneling on the jerseys and pants. There were several really nice combos.

IMG_3400.JPG.a7fd7aec94a3e22b3ed4779b6bdd59d7.JPGIMG_3401.JPG.bcbaec28f5c9fd6b004cc3c8f7ca8690.JPGIMG_3402.thumb.JPG.e62e0912fcbab8a4a2a4e3ca8e1bf084.JPGIMG_3403.JPG.d429e9d358fc44bbff3513de4c3d7dd3.JPG

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

12 minutes ago, upperV03 said:

Their latest set was actually pretty nice for the most part. It certainly still had its flaws but it was much better than their previous sets with unnecessary and ugly paneling on the jerseys and pants. There were several really nice combos.

IMG_3400.JPG.a7fd7aec94a3e22b3ed4779b6bdd59d7.JPGIMG_3401.JPG.bcbaec28f5c9fd6b004cc3c8f7ca8690.JPGIMG_3402.thumb.JPG.e62e0912fcbab8a4a2a4e3ca8e1bf084.JPGIMG_3403.JPG.d429e9d358fc44bbff3513de4c3d7dd3.JPG

No excuse for that pants stripe

24 minutes ago, dont care said:

No excuse for that pants stripe

I don't disagree but at least there was a pants stripe. It's a whole hell of a lot better than tire treads and team name running down the leg, which I wouldn't be surprised at all if they ended up with.

IMG_3405.thumb.JPG.92196042803ffbf1d75b58dbb8e682d5.JPG

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

So my source and friend, has confirmed that Arizona has gotten new uniforms. They have not been released to the public yet but should soon.

From what he was telling me, Rich Rod really liked the Nick Foles Era striping style and told nike that, that's what he would want to see a more modern

uniform style of. Hopefully they get released soon!

a2BRS8U.png

2 minutes ago, H11K said:

So my source and friend, has confirmed that Arizona has gotten new uniforms. They have not been released to the public yet but should soon.

From what he was telling me, Rich Rod really liked the Nick Foles Era striping style and told nike that, that's what he would want to see a more modern

Sounds promising. They never should've gotten rid of that unique striping pattern in favor of the gradient set IMO. Hopefully they change the number font too.

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

Just now, upperV03 said:

Sounds promising. They never should've gotten rid of that unique striping pattern in favor of the gradient set IMO. Hopefully they change the number font too.

I agree. I really liked those uniforms to begin with. The current ones now aren't terrible, just lack a lack of execution bring them down.

a2BRS8U.png

56 minutes ago, upperV03 said:

IMO Nike should have made that set exclusive to Arizona for a few seasons before making it available for general purchase. Some schools actually take pride in having a unique look. Unfortunately Nike has to make it's money so they pimped that design out to every high school and non-major college program that wanted it.

SN: I personally feel the same should have been done with the set Miami wore when they first came into the ACC back in 2004. IMO these were Miami's best uniforms. The Nike set that followed it was a HUGE downgrade.

Miami+Hurricanes+2004.jpg

Hotter Than July > Thriller

20 hours ago, H11K said:

The Nick Foles era was the "disappearing" stripes, right?  But if they're going back to the r/w/b split stripes, that can only be an upgrade.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

42 minutes ago, WSU151 said:

The Nick Foles era was the "disappearing" stripes, right?  But if they're going back to the r/w/b split stripes, that can only be an upgrade.

Yeah, technically called the "Speed Stripe". Hopefully its back to the split stripes, I really liked those.

a2BRS8U.png

Archived