College Football Uniforms - 2017 Season

buckeye

• Replies 4.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, crashcarson15 said:

delete this immediately, please

OK.  I guess I shouldn't mention that Notre Dame also wore NOBs then in non-bowl games.

Most Liked Content of the Day -- February 15, 2017, August 21, 2017, August 22, 2017     /////      Proud Winner of the CCSLC Post of the Day Award -- April 8, 2008

Originator of the Upside Down Sarcasm Smilie -- November 1, 2005  🙃

Love the idea behind the Maryland throwback but hate the execution.

That set is just screaming for smaller numbers. We know it can be done. The Packers, Wisconsin, Nebraska, and to a lesser extent the Steelers bumblebees, have all done it off the top of my head. I'm sure there have been others.

Not only that, but this is clearly a modern day block font and doesn't seem to mesh with what was typical from the era.

They need to match the various stripes so they are all a similar width. In comparison to the 1940s set, the helmet and jersey stripes seem too thin while the pants stripe seems too thick. The undershirt also needs to be yellow to give the appearance of the old longer sleeves and it needs the stripes like it used to have. Think of the type of execution similar to those old Oregon State Pro Combats.

So close and yet so far away.

Edit- not to toot my own horn, but take this old Giants throwback I did a number of years ago. They need to get a better balance of the weight of the numbers (size and thickness, as well as width...the older style numbers were more wide than the typical block style seen today) as well as the chest stripes.

2w3oos5.png

7 hours ago, upperV03 said:

The feather pattern on North Texas' new uniforms is just one of Nike's catalog options, along with other patterns such as tiger stripes, checkerboard, diamondplate, etc.

North Texas is the first FBS to use the wings pattern so as far as I'm concerned it's theirs now. 

i have unquantifiable corpses on my conscience 

1 hour ago, upperV03 said:

Oh boy, get ready for another :censored:show.

Russell to Adidas feels like a lateral move to me. 

Arkansas State signed a new Adidas back in Spring in which the AD said, "This agreement puts us in an elite partnership status with Adidas." Does this mean anything other than extending the current deal seven years? I'm expecting a lot of ugly uniforms and I don't want to be disappointed. Gotta get them recruits with sick [insert fire emoji] gray jerseys with chrome numbers.

Also, somebody else (forget who) mentioned new black uniforms were going to be worn in the home game against Miami. So, I guess be on the lookout for those on September 9. 

1 hour ago, Red Wolf said:

Russell to Adidas feels like a lateral move to me. 

Not really a lateral move when one of them is basically completely getting out of the collegiate uniform apparel industry.

"I believe in Auburn and love it!"

ojNNazQ.jpg

Archived