College Football Uniforms - 2017 Season

buckeye

9 hours ago, Ciaranowls said:

Sooooo just made north Texas's new unis in the Nike uniform builder. Minus custom font, the design is very templated and the feather pattern is not unique

I knew it was a template already, but I think that for being one it actually looks really good, better than most Group of 5 schools and better than some of the Power 5 unis, it's like the template unis that FAU used from Addias with feathers on the sleeves, it looked good because it fit the "theme" of the school and the colors were sharp, and that's the same thing I love about NT's new unis.

st__louis_aces_player_sig___tom_davis_by_verasthebrujah-d9w1l6u.jpg

• Replies 4.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If they dropped the shoulder caps and just had the text on the front without the panther logo, that'd be a sharp, clean look, and I think they're another team that a BFBS uni set actually looks good.

st__louis_aces_player_sig___tom_davis_by_verasthebrujah-d9w1l6u.jpg

9 minutes ago, kabbey520 said:

Apparently asu has announced their uni combos on a Twitter post from August 9th on their official athletics page. I can't look at Twitter on my work computer. Can someone post the list? Gracias.

DG0bEzZVYAEoB4_.jpg

Cal Bears | Miami Dolphins | Cleveland Cavaliers |
@dcjames5

3 minutes ago, djam2410 said:

DG0bEzZVYAEoB4_.jpg

Hopefully Sparky is actually on the helmet the last three home games.  And I'm not sure why they show three stripes changing.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

10 minutes ago, djam2410 said:

DG0bEzZVYAEoB4_.jpg

I'm pretty sure this is just a graphic announcing what each game is going to be and what the fans should wear, not the actual combos for the games.

The first home game of the year under Graham has always been the traditional G/M/G look, and the ASU equipment page posted yesterday the Gold game helmets with the maroon pitchforks that they've been preparing already for the NMSU game.

I have heard rumors of a throwback uni for the SDSU game in honor of legendary coach Frank Kush. (If true, I'm hoping for something from the early 70's. And note the "Sunburst" logo on the back of the helmets above. Pretty sure this is a Frank Kush memorial patch. Haven't been able to find a clearer picture of it yet.)

They also have been wearing their "Desert Hammer" and "Desert Ice" pants in practice all off-season, so I am hoping this means they are being retired and maybe a new set of copper uniforms will be introduced.  

6 minutes ago, kingevz said:

I'll take a home and away set based on this w/o the rock pattern. That Indiana script is beautiful. 

AmPJ0Ty.png 

10 minutes ago, bkknight95 said:

I'll take a home and away set based on this w/o the rock pattern. That Indiana script is beautiful. 

I think I'd like the Indiana script on the upper thigh of the pants more so than the jersey.  The rock pattern seems like a copycat of Northwestern and Virginia Tech.

The helmet (while nothing that we really haven't seen before) is really nice.  99% of helmets with satin finishes look incredible.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

Archived