College Football Uniforms - 2017 Season

buckeye

• Replies 4.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, WSU151 said:

Hopefully Sparky is actually on the helmet the last three home games.  And I'm not sure why they show three stripes changing.

3 hours ago, djam2410 said:

DG0bEzZVYAEoB4_.jpg

The only reason I can think of for the variation in stripes is that they are meant for the fans maybe? Looks like the default color for fans at home is yellow, and they may try a "stadium stripe" vs USC.

Edit: On an unrelated note, I think we need to appreciate how much this uniform doesn't suck. Sure, Sparky my be a better choice on the helmet- but the striping pattern is unique, the jersey is clean, and they PrimeKnit pattern isn't really that visible on maroon. This is probably Adidas' best work.

Just judging by the backdrop and the gear that the kids at the unveiling are wearing, it looks like the uniform will feature a lot of grey and yellow, with some black and white as well. Possibly with a pattern like the one on the backdrop. Guess we'll find out in a minute or two.

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

More images:

IMG_6941.JPG.2cea900c981c1d94994c8be96eff903e.JPGIMG_6942.JPG.9b5b71f368f1886a71dd396859e1808a.JPGIMG_6943.JPG.57247f61e0cc89b23bf5cc8393cf2612.JPGIMG_6944.JPG.089a894fc631ddb3b44d280ca0811faf.JPGIMG_6945.JPG.10bd230e65388b9d0b8bee02c7f4ff2c.JPGIMG_6946.JPG.111290b57967fbe42890912fb2b25f80.JPGIMG_6947.JPG.1d4530b15ff1f93e372a0a67cfd29d2d.JPGIMG_6948.JPG.2c41db5cafc152981868e3dc59307ddb.JPGIMG_6949.JPG.d137c018d911c9f7c954182892dc2c0f.JPG

This might be the best one-off uniform they've ever come up with IMO. The little details make it really superb and obviously the cause is one of huge significance. The base design of the uniform is really nice and takes them back to the uniforms of the Mariota days, but with some subtle updates and streamlining to the wing patterns on the helmets and jerseys, and the addition of the wing pattern on the pants as well. And like I've suspected since the spring game uniforms were shown off, these uniforms return to the 2012-15 font, which is far superior to the font they unveiled on the 2015 Alamo Bowl uniforms. Hopefully the base design of this uniform is an indication of the rest of their uniforms for this season, because these are really nice and a vast improvement over last year's uniforms.

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

If they carry over the shoulder and pants design from these, I think we now have a good idea of what their other uniforms will look like.  I do think they had given us prior notice as to what the feather design would be back when they released their spring game shirts.

Men's Nike Apple Green Oregon Ducks 2017 Football Spring Game Legend T-Shirt

35 minutes ago, Webfooter said:

If they carry over the shoulder and pants design from these, I think we now have a good idea of what their other uniforms will look like.  I do think they had given us prior notice as to what the feather design would be back when they released their spring game shirts.

Men's Nike Apple Green Oregon Ducks 2017 Football Spring Game Legend T-Shirt

Just based on the new green pants we've seen at recent photo shoots with the players, I'm not sure I'd expect the wing pattern to be on all of the pants for this season. And I wouldn't expect the wings on the helmets to make a full time return either, as I think they'll continue having the satin green and matte black helmets in rotation, and possibly the new glossy white helmets they've worn during fall camp as well. Having said that, I'd say there probably is a pretty good chance the wings on the jerseys and the 2012-15 number font will be carried over to the other jerseys for this season, but I obviously don't know that for sure. One thing that does seem a near certainty for all of their uniforms this season is the silver swoosh, which has been seen on the new green pants and obviously now these special one-off uniforms as well.

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

Someone asked on twitter about the inclusion of "Win The Day", which they've seemingly been moving away from. Here's what their reporter/editor of GoDucks.com had to say:

Also, a couple interesting tidbits about the return of the wings on the helmets, suggesting they might not just be a one game thing:

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

YASSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

Ducks killed it with this one. Now I sit and prey that the rest of the new uni set will be based off of these. The fans want the wings back. The fans don't want new uniforms every damn game. Give us what we want Nike!

Archived