College Football Uniforms - 2017 Season

buckeye

13 minutes ago, cajunaggie08 said:

Are you capable of replying to a post about A&M without taking a dig at the school or football team? Grow the :censored: up. This isn't the place for petty smack talk. ESPECIALLY on a topic such as tragic as this Hurricane and flood.

Hey man, I live in Huntsville, Texas. Im experiencing the same thing the rest of south Texas is. No I am not capable of not taking a dig at that school in A&M posts. 

• Replies 4.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
28 minutes ago, MJWalker45 said:

Would look so much better with the white pants.

Honestly not even sure about that, Blue, Maize, White is really not a good look. Just in descending from Dark, lighter, to lightest looks bad. Not that all maize is good either, but I think at the very least saying it would be "so much better" is a bit of an overstatement.

1 hour ago, LakeShow24 said:

1928!? Wow that was 89 years ago!

Lids says Jordan brand "absolutely killed it".  Gotta love marketing hype.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

3 hours ago, Cardsblues02 said:

Hey man, I live in Huntsville, Texas. Im experiencing the same thing the rest of south Texas is. No I am not capable of not taking a dig at that school in A&M posts. 

Good to know that in even in the wake of the greatest natural disaster our state has ever experienced that your pettiness can't be tempered.

I have reason to believe that Oregon will have new white jerseys and pants this season, similar to the ones in this mockup of mine:

DucksWhiteCombo.thumb.png.9f1332b07db92f6be45dca1e8c6162f8.png

Regarding the jerseys, I saw a generally reliable source who's connected with the athletic department and student section hint yesterday on twitter that he has seen new white versions of their current green jerseys. After seeing that, I contacted one of my buddies who's connected with the football program, and he said that he had heard earlier in the year that white versions of the current green jerseys were in the works, though he said he hasn't actually seen them. With both of those pieces of information, I took some liberties to create what I thought the white version of their current green jerseys would look like. One of their new cleat options for this season is white with a green fade and silver accents, so I figured the jersey would likely feature primarily green accents, with some silver as well, like their white Mach Speed jerseys from a couple of years ago. And regarding the pants, I was searching yesterday through pictures of recruits from the spring and earlier in the summer, and I came across these white pants on one of their commits:

IMG_7020.JPG.7942863963e650c2823ca99eaee9e2c2.JPG

Generally these pictures of Oregon recruits and commits don't really reveal any hints about new uniforms, but these pants are definitely new. The white pants they had last season just had the duck logo on the hip, whereas these look to have "fighting ducks" on the legs in silver. And judging by the seam on the inside leg, these pants are definitely on the Vapor Untouchable template, so they seem to be new for this season. 

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

And speaking of Oregon, here's some of the products that go along with their Doernbecher uniforms:

As a reminder, all of the proceeds from these products go directly towards funding cancer research and treatment at OHSU Doernbecher.

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

Can't say that I'm all that enthused with them using last year's mascot-themed uniform as the template for the new unis.  I'd rather them go with the new wing design on the Doernbecher set.  Hopefully that's what they shift to next season and that this season's uniforms are just a stopgap year.

Tiny change to Auburn's helmets (outside the 3D nose bumpers) - the Tigers will now wear the circle SEC logo like the rest of the conference. Had been wearing the pennant NCAA logo once the conference changed to the circle.

helmet decal side by side.png

"I believe in Auburn and love it!"

ojNNazQ.jpg

28 minutes ago, Webfooter said:

Can't say that I'm all that enthused with them using last year's mascot-themed uniform as the template for the new unis.  I'd rather them go with the new wing design on the Doernbecher set.  Hopefully that's what they shift to next season and that this season's uniforms are just a stopgap year.

Same. While the mascot unis weren't bad, they aren't the best option either. People want the wings!!! 

Sidenote: I'm not a fan of the shoulder Duck head logo, keep it to the sleeve or drop it, looks cheesy on the shoulder

56 minutes ago, Webfooter said:

I'd say this season will definitely end up being somewhat of a stopgap year in terms of uniforms. I'm guessing this season there will be a bit more consistency than last season with the different colors and uniform styles, but we'll probably have to wait until next year to get a fully consistent and redesigned set. Between their spring game uniforms and the new Doernbecher set, along with things like recruiting letters and the helmet numbers on their practice helmets, they seem to be transitioning back towards their 2012-15 number font, or at least a different font from the one in use currently. And I think the Doernbecher set gives some hints at what a completely new set next season could look like, with the updated wing pattern that we've seen since Taggart took over. Overall it seems like they're working towards unveiling a new set next season that'll get them back to something a bit more similar to the uniforms of the Mariota days. At least that's what I'm hoping will be the case, and I'm just hoping they make the best out of what they have now for this season. As long as they're smart with the combos they wear and the colors they pair together, I think they'll still end up looking pretty good this season. For example, if they do end up wearing yellow/green/green this weekend, it'll be one of their better combos in the last couple of years, even though there'll still be room for improvement.

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

6 hours ago, VikingsNotMinnesota said:

Honestly not even sure about that, Blue, Maize, White is really not a good look. Just in descending from Dark, lighter, to lightest looks bad. Not that all maize is good either, but I think at the very least saying it would be "so much better" is a bit of an overstatement.

I'd have to disagree with your assessment here. White pants would have been "so much better". The LA Rams are a prime example of blue,maize/yellow, white working very well. The color balance is very similar to what Michigan might look like.

IMG_1191.JPG.9697d50fe79bb1dda791257a8569a9af.JPG

Also, I'd have to say that dark helmet, lighter jersey and lightest pants almost always looks good. These are just a few examples that came to mind:

IMG_1192.thumb.JPG.24a37cdbc3ee7997ea4044e0f2c91f14.JPG

The dated uniform nonwithstanding, I think the colors look pretty sharp when put together this way for the falcons 

IMG_1193.thumb.JPG.6e60229f62d6dbc4431f4a45c6072482.JPG

IMG_1194.thumb.JPG.18e0fedc117590d15566cbf8b3c92319.JPG

It's subjective and maybe I just have poor taste, but I think all three of these uniforms are at least decent looking from a color perspective, going from dark to light.

2 hours ago, 8BW14 said:

I'd have to disagree with your assessment here. White pants would have been "so much better". The LA Rans are a prime example of blue,maize/yellow, white working very well. The color balance is very similar to what Michigan might look like.

IMG_1191.JPG.9697d50fe79bb1dda791257a8569a9af.JPG

Also, I'd have to say that dark helmet, lighter jersey and lightest pants almost always looks good. These are just a few examples that came to mind:

IMG_1192.thumb.JPG.24a37cdbc3ee7997ea4044e0f2c91f14.JPG

The dated uniform nonwithstanding, I think the colors look pretty sharp when put together this way for the falcons 

IMG_1193.thumb.JPG.6e60229f62d6dbc4431f4a45c6072482.JPG

IMG_1194.thumb.JPG.18e0fedc117590d15566cbf8b3c92319.JPG

It's subjective and maybe I just have poor taste, but I think all three of these uniforms are at least decent looking from a color perspective, going from dark to light.

I personally don't think that Rams uniforms are too great, and I think the Ravens look better with black pants, but yeah otherwise I can see your point. One thing to note is that they all have pants stripes (except the ravens one i think?), while the UM uniforms to my knowledge won't.

tbh, in general yellow jerseys suck, that's probably the bigger issue.

Archived