College Football Uniforms - 2017 Season

buckeye

• Replies 4.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 hours ago, WSU151 said:

This might get me blasted, but I'm not sure I like the idea of a teardrop. Of all the emotions to share with Texans, crying seems to be the least helpful.

I think it could easily be interpreted as a raindrop, which is equally or even more appropriate.

A few interesting notes about UCF and FIU today. UCF is wearing white/black/black, which I don't think I've ever seen them wear before. Looks like ass, hope they never wear it again. Secondly, FIU's pants actually do have stripes, but they're these weird claw marks on their butt. Don't have a pic, but they also look like ass, as well as their tin foil coated numbers. Small things ruining a potentially great looking game.

46 minutes ago, tajmccall said:

Gophers Matte/Satin helmet days may be over- but who knows. Fleck has said new unis next year - I expect many helmets this year 

IMG_7953.JPG

I think that helmet looks a lot better like that ^^, because the matte version was just too dark.  But Ark nailed it on the motto.

Edit: This uni looks great on TV.  

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

Why does Oklahoma St insist on using various Pistol Pete's on their helmets? It's no good. 

I guess Tulsa thought having red, blue, white, old gold, and athletic gold as potential colors just wasn't enough. I also don't get why they'd use the black helmets when they're playing a team with black as a school color. You'd think you'd want to be more separate in that regard. 

5 hours ago, Griffinmarlins said:

I still hate how Clemson doesn't have a purple stripe between the orange ones on the white pants. 

Yeah, that's the one thing I'd change about the uniforms, although too much purple will stand out way too much, seeing how the home and away jerseys don't feature that much of it. I think a thin purple stripe on both sides in between the white and orange would be best.

JaiBirdDesignSig.png

Archived