College Football Uniforms - 2017 Season

buckeye

• Replies 4.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So Florida A&M was penalized during their game against Arkansas because of their non-contrasting numbers.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't think FCS has the rule about numbers. Uniform design aside, is it really all that fair to penalize a team for a different set of rules? Or would this be in the realm of "play with the big guys, play by their rules" kind of thing?

"I believe in Auburn and love it!"

ojNNazQ.jpg

30 minutes ago, Clintau24 said:

So Florida A&M was penalized during their game against Arkansas because of their non-contrasting numbers.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't think FCS has the rule about numbers. Uniform design aside, is it really all that fair to penalize a team for a different set of rules? Or would this be in the realm of "play with the big guys, play by their rules" kind of thing?

Ugly design aside and whether or not there is actually an FCS rule for this, my thought process is that it is fair to punish these lower levels teams. Reason being that they are scheduling the big boys with the big FBS payout. If they are planning to play FBS level competition and collect those cupcake game paychecks, they should be expected to abide by FBS level rules.

2 hours ago, DC in Da House w/o a Doubt said:

Indiana looks good tonight, wearing their usual look.  Their regular red helmet with the interlocking IU logo is by far their best.  All of the wacky alternates were trying wayyyy too hard.  Death to chrome helmets.  

Its a good look, but thats because its also Oklahomas as well. They're the same uniform.

USATSI_8881692_149008644_lowres.jpg.136332d55a6277795b4908ef24b7310a.jpg

a2BRS8U.png

16 minutes ago, H11K said:

Its a good look, but thats because its also Oklahomas as well. They're the same uniform.

USATSI_8881692_149008644_lowres.jpg.136332d55a6277795b4908ef24b7310a.jpg

I only glanced at the image and actually thought that you had posted a picture of Indiana for a bit there. 

9 hours ago, Clintau24 said:

Who in their right mind looks at that design in the create a uniform builder and says, "THAT'S IT!"...?

On 8/30/2017 at 7:56 PM, RyanMcD29 said:

Weeeelllll this can go one of two ways for Syracuse

Looks like that's since been debunked and any new uniforms will come next year https://www.nunesmagician.com/2017/9/1/16236884/syracuse-wont-get-new-uniforms-this-year-football-orange-brand-babers-wildhack

oEQ0ySg.png

Twitter: @RyanMcD29 // College Crosse: Where I write, chat, and infograph lacrosse

13 hours ago, DC in Da House w/o a Doubt said:

Indiana looks good tonight, wearing their usual look.  Their regular red helmet with the interlocking IU logo is by far their best.  All of the wacky alternates were trying wayyyy too hard.  Death to chrome helmets.  

I somewhat disagree.  They look fine from a distance, but the distortion on the pants stripes and NOBs is too much for me.  Looks sloppy.

Not from last night, but same principle:

web1_JTIndiana.jpg

17 hours ago, WSU151 said:

I think that helmet looks a lot better like that ^^, because the matte version was just too dark.  But Ark nailed it on the motto.

Edit: This uni looks great on TV.  

To play devil's advocate, "Row the Boat" actually makes some sense given that Minnesota is the "Land of 10,000 Lakes"

11 minutes ago, miketd1 said:

To play devil's advocate, "Row the Boat" actually makes some sense given that Minnesota is the "Land of 10,000 Lakes"

Sure, but it's a bit ridiculous that Fleck's motto takes precedence over "Ski-U-Mah", which is a motto for UM that dates back to the late 1800's.

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

As said by one of the members here, Arizona is going W/R/W. With the current uniform this has to be one of the more ideal combos IMO. The white pants and helmet keep it from being navy and red heavy.

DIp2yDCUQAAnD1Z.jpg-large.thumb.jpeg.b63c93f7c5939dd440abeceb0dab47f3.jpeg

a2BRS8U.png

3 minutes ago, H11K said:

As said by one of the members here, Arizona is going W/R/W. With the current uniform this has to be one of the more ideal combos IMO. The white pants and helmet keep it from being navy and red heavy.

DIp2yDCUQAAnD1Z.jpg-large.thumb.jpeg.b63c93f7c5939dd440abeceb0dab47f3.jpeg

All of their jerseys would work better to mix-and-match if they had all three colors.  The red jersey just looks odds when paired with the white helmet and pants when it has barely any white, except for the conference patch.

Archived