College Football Uniforms - 2017 Season

buckeye

• Replies 4.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
47 minutes ago, H11K said:

As said by one of the members here, Arizona is going W/R/W. With the current uniform this has to be one of the more ideal combos IMO. The white pants and helmet keep it from being navy and red heavy.

DIp2yDCUQAAnD1Z.jpg-large.thumb.jpeg.b63c93f7c5939dd440abeceb0dab47f3.jpeg

It's not bad...but could be 1000000000000000000 times better with asymmetric stripes on the helmet and pants :)The uniform just looks incredibly generic and unfinished in those pictures.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

1 hour ago, upperV03 said:

Sure, but it's a bit ridiculous that Fleck's motto takes precedence over "Ski-U-Mah", which is a motto for UM that dates back to the late 1800's.

I find it interesting that Ski U Mah supposedly got it's origin from none other than a canoe race.

Mizzou's combo for their season opener:

Just like the new white jerseys we saw during the offseason, these are on the VU template. Unlike the new white jerseys we saw, the design of these pretty much stayed the same with the template switch.

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

And here's Oregon's combo for tomorrow:

Absolutely love it. I was kind of hoping they'd save the yellow/green/yellow for the Civil War, but since Coach Taggart has said there won't be a different combo for every game, they might repeat it. This looks great though, a fantastic mix of traditional and modern.

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

20 minutes ago, upperV03 said:

Absolutely love it. I was kind of hoping they'd say the yellow/green/yellow for the Civil War, but since Coach Taggart has said there won't be a different combo for every game, they might repeat it. This looks great though, a fantastic mix of traditional and modern.

Still wish they'd get wings back on the jerseys but this one is fine for now.  It's much better than all-green look that we thought they were going to do.  Everything but the helmet is a recycled element from last season.  Really looks like they're going to wait until next season to do a complete uniform rebrand.

19 minutes ago, Webfooter said:

Still wish they'd get wings back on the jerseys but this one is fine for now.  It's much better than all-green look that we thought they were going to do.  Everything but the helmet is a recycled element from last season.  Really looks like they're going to wait until next season to do a complete uniform rebrand.

Yeah, it definitely does look that way. And frankly it's not all that surprising when you consider production and manufacturing timelines for both the on-field product and the corresponding retail merchandise. It makes sense that so far we've only heard rumors about the one new jersey for this season (not counting the Doernbecher uniforms), because there's a good chance that jersey was already in the works prior to Taggart's hire. And so far we've seen two new pairs of pants, but it's understandable that they've been able to get some new pants (though these yellow ones are indeed recycled from last season) since they don't have to worry about retail merchandise for those. But anyways, regarding this combo, I too want the wings back on the jerseys, but I've said before that I think this particular jersey is actually a nice change of pace and a good mix between their classic uniforms and their most recent ones. For a one, or now two season thing, I'm happy with it. And again, like I've said before, I think they can afford to go a bit more simplistic with the green jersey since it's been their traditional home jersey for so long. But yes, hopefully next season the wings are back and we get a consistent set again.

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

7 hours ago, buckeye said:

Who in their right mind looks at that design in the create a uniform builder and says, "THAT'S IT!"...?

Me as a 13 year-old. I made a team on Madden 04 that wore black jerseys with black numbers outlined in white, and white jerseys with white numbers outlined in black for the road. I was clearly ahead of my time. 

50 minutes ago, upperV03 said:

Absolutely love it. I was kind of hoping they'd save the yellow/green/yellow for the Civil War, but since Coach Taggart has said there won't be a different combo for every game, they might repeat it. This looks great though, a fantastic mix of traditional and modern.

I don't care what anyone else says, Oregon is at their best when they look like a special edition gummy bear, rather than a luxury sedan with a fancy paint job. 

30 minutes ago, VikingsNotMinnesota said:

I don't care what anyone else says, Oregon is at their best when they look like a special edition gummy bear, rather than a luxury sedan with a fancy paint job. 

So... you like tomorrow's uniform, then?

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

18 hours ago, Clintau24 said:

So Florida A&M was penalized during their game against Arkansas because of their non-contrasting numbers.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't think FCS has the rule about numbers. Uniform design aside, is it really all that fair to penalize a team for a different set of rules? Or would this be in the realm of "play with the big guys, play by their rules" kind of thing?

From what I can tell, they wore these jerseys all last season and were never penalized of it. Can anyone confirm this?

16 minutes ago, CrimsonBull9584 said:

From what I can tell, they wore these jerseys all last season and were never penalized of it. Can anyone confirm this?

Yes, they did. Almost all of the HBCUs that switched to Nike had a jersey with numbers that matched the color of the jersey.

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

1 hour ago, Brave-Bird 08 said:

Since moving to North Carolina in February I've needed a CFB team to bandwagon.

As long as ECU keeps wearing purple and gold they get me. They look beautiful--dare I say the best in the country--when they do their uniforms right. 

Best in the country? Not as long as Adidas keeps ruining their look with that hideous stretchy fabric and tire tracks.

xLmjWVv.png

POTD: 2/4/12 3/4/12

Archived