College Football Uniforms - 2017 Season

buckeye

• Replies 4.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Watching South Carolina State vs Southern right now on ESPN2. SC State is in all white, while Southern is in W/Y/W. On top of that Southern's yellow jerseys have powder numbers with what I'm assuming is navy blue outline. This matchup is way too visually bright for my liking . Especially with the sun shining bright down in Louisiana.

Hotter Than July > Thriller

50 minutes ago, Mingjai said:

Imagine that. 

myrickpioneerpressL.jpg

At least SKI-U-MAH is a unique university motto that has and will outlast a coach. I absolutely loved the use of SKI-U-MAH but detest the ROW THE BOAT. As always, I hope Minnesota's boat sinks under the crushing blows of Wisconsin's axe, but this time I hope it takes their new motto with. 

17 minutes ago, mcrosby said:

At least SKI-U-MAH is a unique university motto that has and will outlast a coach. I absolutely loved the use of SKI-U-MAH but detest the ROW THE BOAT. As always, I hope Minnesota's boat sinks under the crushing blows of Wisconsin's axe, but this time I hope it takes their new motto with. 

Exactly, like I mentioned a couple pages back, "Ski-U-Mah" is unique to the university and dates back to the late 1800's, whereas "Row The Boat" has nothing to do with the university and has everything to do with Coach Fleck. I don't even mind Fleck wanting to use the motto with his new program, but it absolutely shouldn't take precedence over "Ski-U-Mah" since that motto has so much history with the school. Limit the usage of RTB to things like promotional/social media material, signage around the football complexes, and maybe even some merch, but it shouldn't eliminate, or at least seriously diminish the usage of the school's historical motto.

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

17 minutes ago, mafiaman said:

So what happens when Fleck is canned or moves on to greener pastures in 4-5 years?    

He'll just take the motto with him again. He struck an agreement where he assumed ownership of the mantra and can use it in as many ways and places as he wants. 

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

FSU vs Bama was a really nice looking matchup, but I was disappointed to see the Noles did not update their template. They were one of the teams I was hoping would update the most since their collar pattern looks ugly the way it doesn't connect in the front. Also their sleeves look goofy with the garnet patterned panel. It's an odd shape and not a traditional sleeve cap. The new Nike template would do wonders for them.

IMG_1720.JPG

This version was much nicer with the full collar and more simple sleeve caps.

635660180873422145-SW10-ACC-PLAYER-1203-

While they couldn't put the pattern at the base of the collar triangle on the new template, they could color it in and stop the pattern at the triangle and it would be much better than what they have now.

22 hours ago, FightingGoldenDevil said:

Is that shiny crap on Purdues shoulders new? Because it looks awful 

No it was there last year as well and is on all three jerseys. It is supposed to look like the pilot or cowcatcher on the front of a train.

MarkellJones_2016.jpg?itok=--IQjngpcrop_exact_full_image.jpeg?h=400&w=600&q

Denver Nuggets Kansas City Chiefs Tampa Bay Rays 

Colorado Buffaloes Purdue Boilermakers Florida Gators

4 minutes ago, upperV03 said:

UCLA's new home unis look absolutely beautiful on the field. Still wish they had the Clarendon numbers, but this is the best their home uniforms have looked in years IMO.

IMG_7089.thumb.JPG.2ba7a78bf194e394d254a0d614fb2b55.JPG

Looks ridiculously good.  

Pac-12 might be the best dressed conference in Week 1, with Big 10 a close second.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

1 hour ago, upperV03 said:

UCLA's new home unis look absolutely beautiful on the field. Still wish they had the Clarendon numbers, but this is the best their home uniforms have looked in years IMO.

well, so far that's the highlight of this A&M game. Oof. Maybe they'll get it together in 2nd half. I think LSU/ BYU was a hair better in the best looking matchup of the weekend. 

I am sore,wounded, but not slain

I will lay down and bleed a while

And then rise up to fight again

3 hours ago, upperV03 said:

And I'll repeat what I said when the publicity shots of these beauties first appeared... anybody who bleated on and on for the past ten years about how "true UCLA-style stripes just aren't possible on today's super, high-tech, 2.3456% faster, Undernikeadidas space age creations" can shut the hell up.  

Shoulder stripes have looked like crap for years now for one reason and one reason only.  The manufacturers were lazy, and the teams didn't care. Period. (Although, technically, I guess that's two reasons.)

6 hours ago, upperV03 said:

Exactly, like I mentioned a couple pages back, "Ski-U-Mah" is unique to the university and dates back to the late 1800's, whereas "Row The Boat" has nothing to do with the university and has everything to do with Coach Fleck. I don't even mind Fleck wanting to use the motto with his new program, but it absolutely shouldn't take precedence over "Ski-U-Mah" since that motto has so much history with the school. Limit the usage of RTB to things like promotional/social media material, signage around the football complexes, and maybe even some merch, but it shouldn't eliminate, or at least seriously diminish the usage of the school's historical motto.

You're not wrong, but NEITHER slogan belongs on a helmet. Slogans belong on the walls of locker rooms, not on helmets. #mytwocents

11 hours ago, oldschoolvikings said:

And I'll repeat what I said when the publicity shots of these beauties first appeared... anybody who bleated on and on for the past ten years about how "true UCLA-style stripes just aren't possible on today's super, high-tech, 2.3456% faster, Undernikeadidas space age creations" can shut the hell up.  

Shoulder stripes have looked like crap for years now for one reason and one reason only.  The manufacturers were lazy, and the teams didn't care. Period. (Although, technically, I guess that's two reasons.)

Even these are lazy, though still a huge improvement over how Adidas used to mangle their stripes. Other than pure laziness, there is no reason why Nike, Adidas and UA can't design a template that allows shoulder stripes to wrap all the way around under the arm.

xLmjWVv.png

POTD: 2/4/12 3/4/12

Archived