buckeye

College Football Uniforms - 2017 Season

Recommended Posts

shaydre1019    211
16 hours ago, upperV03 said:

UCLA's new home unis look absolutely beautiful on the field. Still wish they had the Clarendon numbers, but this is the best their home uniforms have looked in years IMO.

IMG_7089.thumb.JPG.2ba7a78bf194e394d254a0d614fb2b55.JPG

 

Usually I feel like grey facemasks should always be paired with black cleats and white socks, but the white cleats work so well with UCLA's light color palette. 

With that being said, i still feel that A&M needs to wear black cleats as long as they utilize a grey mask. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
oldschoolvikings    3,740
3 hours ago, Lights Out said:

Even these are lazy, though still a huge improvement over how Adidas used to mangle their stripes.

 

I disagree.  As long as the stripes don't visibly cut off before the sleeve even starts to curve away, it has the desired effect.  I just don't think you should see the end point... they need to give the impression of continuing under, even if they technically don't.

 

I'm not sure how many classic jerseys actually had full "wrap-unders" anyway.

 

a489586d9e7e1fd4b8428076754dd58b--footba

 

892d467121b0c86f44b6eb6a21c87021--ucla-b

 

roman_gabriel_1968_10_01.jpg

 

1-fran-tarkenton-qb_pg_600.jpg

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
upperV03    2,352

As a reminder, Oregon and Oregon State are both wearing their special alternate uniforms this Saturday, against Nebraska and Minnesota, respectively.

IMG_6943.JPG.eacf811d57f92b7d86bb62f6c9957758.JPGIMG_6945.JPG.b2b5a20ebb60e564e7017a6cf24c7953.JPGIMG_7057.thumb.JPG.02a05fcacad857136e9bac7dfdf58b1d.JPG

 

And speaking of the Oregon uniform, here's our first look at what the backs of the jerseys look like:

IMG_7099.JPG.71273a078036894dd3d7334288c4dba3.JPG

The way the wing pattern terminates is actually pretty similar to the yellow jerseys they had last year (and probably this year as well).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
H11K    326
17 minutes ago, slapshot said:

Here's a picture from the game last week against UMass.

 

Selects003.jpg

Id say they've done a nice job at keeping their look modern.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
ODUMonarchs    63
3 hours ago, upperV03 said:

As a reminder, Oregon and Oregon State are both wearing their special alternate uniforms this Saturday, against Nebraska and Minnesota, respectively.

IMG_6943.JPG.eacf811d57f92b7d86bb62f6c9957758.JPGIMG_6945.JPG.b2b5a20ebb60e564e7017a6cf24c7953.JPGIMG_7057.thumb.JPG.02a05fcacad857136e9bac7dfdf58b1d.JPG

 

And speaking of the Oregon uniform, here's our first look at what the backs of the jerseys look like:

IMG_7099.JPG.71273a078036894dd3d7334288c4dba3.JPG

The way the wing pattern terminates is actually pretty similar to the yellow jerseys they had last year (and probably this year as well).

Out of curiosity how does the silver on white avoid the problem FAMU ran into with the numbers not being identifiable? looking from the photo it seems like they will be to close

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Cardsblues02    122
3 hours ago, upperV03 said:

As a reminder, Oregon and Oregon State are both wearing their special alternate uniforms this Saturday, against Nebraska and Minnesota, respectively.

IMG_6943.JPG.eacf811d57f92b7d86bb62f6c9957758.JPGIMG_6945.JPG.b2b5a20ebb60e564e7017a6cf24c7953.JPGIMG_7057.thumb.JPG.02a05fcacad857136e9bac7dfdf58b1d.JPG

 

And speaking of the Oregon uniform, here's our first look at what the backs of the jerseys look like:

IMG_7099.JPG.71273a078036894dd3d7334288c4dba3.JPG

The way the wing pattern terminates is actually pretty similar to the yellow jerseys they had last year (and probably this year as well).

Oh, Oregon Ducks. After last weeks GORGEOUS uniforms, you pull out this? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Ben5    212

Hey guys, I started working at Wichita State a few weeks ago, so I'm going to be tracking their football uniforms this season.

 

No game this week, but I'll be back next week with an update!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
upperV03    2,352
53 minutes ago, ODUMonarchs said:

Out of curiosity how does the silver on white avoid the problem FAMU ran into with the numbers not being identifiable? looking from the photo it seems like they will be to close

I'm not exactly sure, but I could see the NCAA making an exception to the rule since the Oregon uniforms are a one-off. I don't think there's any way the silver numbers on white would be tolerated on a more permanent uniform.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Webfooter    298
42 minutes ago, Ben5 said:

Hey guys, I started working at Wichita State a few weeks ago, so I'm going to be tracking their football uniforms this season.

 

No game this week, but I'll be back next week with an update!

That's going to be a short update/tracker as they don't have a football program and likely won't be bringing one back any time soon.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
ODUMonarchs    63
7 minutes ago, upperV03 said:

I'm not exactly sure, but I could see the NCAA making an exception to the rule since the Oregon uniforms are a one-off. I don't think there's any way the silver numbers on white would be tolerated on a more permanent uniform.

That would make sense we just have to wait and see. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Lights Out    2,230

Tennessee/Georgia Tech is a great uniform matchup.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
slapshot    395
1 hour ago, ODUMonarchs said:

Out of curiosity how does the silver on white avoid the problem FAMU ran into with the numbers not being identifiable? looking from the photo it seems like they will be to close

 

Depends on the lighting. In some images, there is significant contrast between the numbers and jersey. It may be a game-time decision, based on the ambient lighting of the field.

 

The fact these jerseys are a one-off is irrelevant to the enforcement of the rule. I'm glad that it was enforced against a D1 school, hopefully word will pass down to other levels. Unfortunately, there's no warning when designing these using the respective brands' uniform builders. You can design yellow numbers on a white jersey, and just click "submit".

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Mingjai    126
On 9/3/2017 at 2:42 PM, mcrosby said:

At least SKI-U-MAH is a unique university motto that has and will outlast a coach. I absolutely loved the use of SKI-U-MAH but detest the ROW THE BOAT. As always, I hope Minnesota's boat sinks under the crushing blows of Wisconsin's axe, but this time I hope it takes their new motto with. 

 

I'm a Gopher alum who is Ski-U-Mah all the way, but that doesn't keep it from ruining an otherwise great helmet. The whole "Row the Boat" thing will hopefully lose its momentum with a 5-7 season (which is where this season looks like it's heading).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now