College Football Uniforms - 2017 Season

buckeye

7 hours ago, Midway said:

I'd rather they stay far, far way from this one. It gives me flashbacks of those overdesigned Affliction shirts meatheads used to wear. 

That uniform looks like something U13 or semi-pro teams would wear.

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

• Replies 4.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Germanshepherd said:

Looks like new uniforms are in the works for Washington State 

https://mobile.twitter.com/WSUCougars/status/854554077883138048

I didn't hate their uniforms last year.  I think they just needed a stripe or 2 on the pants.  I think the R/R/G and R/W/G is one of the best color combinations in CFB.

1 hour ago, Germanshepherd said:

Looks like new uniforms are in the works for Washington State 

https://mobile.twitter.com/WSUCougars/status/854554077883138048

The Bledsoe and Leaf unis in that picture are exactly the same...c'mon Cougs.

I like this response..."They are pretty generic and yes, the font isn't great. I'd love a more classic, sold look that also appeals to recruits"...so many phrases that are at war with each other...

I'm all for them bringing back silver helmets, if that's what they choose.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

as a huge fan of the previous WSU uniforms, i was afraid they were going to change too much. but im not too disappointed, everything Nike has done since 2015 has been very minimal design and this is the most minimal thing they've done in 3 years. its still refreshing to see Nike's work in CFB continue to be so daring in the opposite way they became known for at this level. i really appreciate the return to strong design that will last for years rather than trying to make a splash with a new pattern or crazy helmet design.

they have a very distinct logo and a good number font that tries to carry the identity, but im not sure if it does. im conflicted on the wordmark removal on the jersey; on one hand, the removal moves the front numbers up and puts them in a better placement but the wordmark was one of the more likable jersey wordmarks in CFB because it was small and unobtrusive. it also served as a visual cue that separated them from all the other red and white schools. 

and on that note, the previous set was better in its use of gray and anthracite. with every uniform set or different paring of pieces you felt like this was a red and gray school where with the new design it feels more like a red and white school with gray alternate pieces save for the primary gray/red/gray set. you have to always think of the uniform as a whole; its easy to get caught up on details of a single piece and think "this needs color here" when it really doesn't. and 9/10 times single color numbers and elements are the best route to take. this is the 1 time where the numbers/elements do need a splash of the other color– either gray on the red or vise-versa. 

its still a very nice uniform. but it pushes them closer to red/white schools all over the country where before there was no confusion. i'd grade it at a "B-"

GRAPHIC ARTIST

BEHANCE  /  MEDIUM  /  DRIBBBLE

Not a single jersey with both Gray and Crimson on it. If they don't wear gray pants and helmets all the time (which believe me were lucky if we get that more than once a year) there's legitimately nothing that makes them distinctive at all. Especially since i really liked their last set, I'm giving this a D+. 

i have unquantifiable corpses on my conscience 

Archived