buckeye

College Football Uniforms - 2017 Season

Recommended Posts

gdu    144
9 hours ago, Power_Ranger_Rick said:

I actually am a huge fan of the "fur stripes" on the helmet. They're fun and instantly recognizable to most intimate CFB fans.59b8b914e89f8_Screenshot(85).thumb.png.c8d84f1ed6d608c2f85ade75d4118d74.png

 

 

Huh?  I have been watching CFB my whole life and obsessed with uniforms for almost as long and I have no idea what you are talking about.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
WSU151    2,410
9 minutes ago, gdu said:

Huh?  I have been watching CFB my whole life and obsessed with uniforms for almost as long and I have no idea what you are talking about.

 

The fur stripes have been on Goldy (the mascot) forever.

 

6627_minnesota_golden_gophers-mascot-198

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
kabbey520    19

Arizona going storm trooper at UTEP on Friday.

 

My high school mascot is the Gophers, & although our colors are red & black, I'm diggin Minnesota's helmet.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Griffinmarlins    611
1 hour ago, Colt16 said:

Honestly if TCU got rid of the stupid frog print stuff, they would have one of the better uniforms in college football 

The frog print isn't the problem IMO. It's the places they use it that is. There's no need to have an entire frog print jersey. I like their current black one with just the frog print on the collar and cuffs. That works perfectly. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
GeauxColonels    462
1 hour ago, WSU151 said:

 

The fur stripes have been on Goldy (the mascot) forever.

 

6627_minnesota_golden_gophers-mascot-198

 

True....but I wouldn't say that those stripes are "Instantly recognizable to most intimate CFB fans."

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
pianoknight    1,238
5 minutes ago, Griffinmarlins said:

The frog print isn't the problem IMO. It's nthe places they use it that is. There's no need to have an entire frog print jersey. I like their current black one with just the frog print on the collar and cuffs. That works perfectly. 

 

Yup. Less is more. The Bengals do a good job with the Tiger stripe helmet. Mizzou, at times, does not. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
pianoknight    1,238
3 minutes ago, GeauxColonels said:

 

True....but I wouldn't say that those stripes are "Instantly recognizable to most intimate CFB fans."

I'm still working on why his jersey only has stripes on one sleeve. Must be a new Pro Combat thing. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
WavePunter    675
53 minutes ago, pianoknight said:

I'm still working on why his jersey only has stripes on one sleeve. Must be a new Pro Combat thing. 

upon seeing some images on google, it seems to be the standard look for cartoon Goldy, at least the versions wearing the maroon "M" sweater.. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
oldschoolvikings    3,625
1 hour ago, pianoknight said:

I'm still working on why his jersey only has stripes on one sleeve. Must be a new Pro Combat thing. 

 

Come on!  That's not a jersey... it's his letter sweater, for when he's being the Big Gopher On Campus.21559_2_1200px.jpg

 

7da98be2afee0fe6c02c0cff30f5b12c.jpg

 

Letter%20Sweater%20Picture%20Weeks.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
upperV03    2,165
34 minutes ago, Foxxtrot44 said:

New Utes helmet this week colors the block U with a Ute tribal design

That's a nice helmet. Doesn't really go with their set at all, but it's nice as a standalone, one-time thing. Here's a closer look:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, GeauxColonels said:

 

True....but I wouldn't say that those stripes are "Instantly recognizable to most intimate CFB fans."

You're probably right about that. I guess I should've said instantly recognizable to B1G / College Football logo buffs.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Eszcz21    25
12 hours ago, Midway said:

Gah. I want to hate that Minnesota helmet but I can't. 

 

Also, would it be unpopular to say I'm still not fond of TCU's set and don't get why everyone drools over them? They've mixed and matched so many elements in the past decade I'm not sure they have a real identity anymore. I've always had a soft spot for the LT era set because it was both cohesive and memorable. 

IMG_1617.JPG

That TCU uniform was one of the best in college football.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
GeauxColonels    462
17 minutes ago, Power_Ranger_Rick said:

You're probably right about that. I guess I should've said instantly recognizable to B1G / College Football logo buffs.

 

Yeah, it may be more recognizable to B1G fans. I'm a HUGE college football buff and logo geek....but I wouldn't have been able to place that striping decal as the gopher tail. Then again, Minnesota doesn't get much exposure down here in south Louisiana either.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
H11K    298
41 minutes ago, upperV03 said:

That's a nice helmet. Doesn't really go with their set at all, but it's nice as a standalone, one-time thing. Here's a closer look:

They should use that pattern as the basis for their striping, would look good and unique.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
radchad    133
12 hours ago, Midway said:

Gah. I want to hate that Minnesota helmet but I can't. 

 

Also, would it be unpopular to say I'm still not fond of TCU's set and don't get why everyone drools over them? They've mixed and matched so many elements in the past decade I'm not sure they have a real identity anymore. I've always had a soft spot for the LT era set because it was both cohesive and memorable. 

IMG_1617.JPG

 

Man, that triangle trim on the cuffs and collars was fantastic.  Understated but unique.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Hypnotic    4

I dont post here much but I'm a WVU alum and fan. They will be wearing white lids, blue jersey, blue pants this weekend. I was okay the first season of the new unis but then I noticed they were not that good. For the life of me I dont know why WVU does not get updated uniforms and even have alternates. Its like we are living in the past while every other school (some horrible, others good) are constantly getting uni refreshes. WVU might not be a blue blood school but the flying WV logo is widely recognizable. If not Nike, I hope someone will outfit my Alma mater better.

1.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
pscf3    205
1 hour ago, Hypnotic said:

Vandy lids for this Saturday against Kansas State.

IMG_20170913_133436.jpg

IMG_20170913_133441.jpg

IMG_20170913_133444.jpg

IMG_20170913_133448.jpg

 

The old gold helmets were better in a vaccum, but I like the change because it brings it in line with the rest of their helmets.

 

Now they just need to pick a shade of gold. The one they use on their jerseys and pants is much,much paler than the one on this helmet.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now