College Football Uniforms - 2017 Season

buckeye

9 minutes ago, gdu said:

Huh?  I have been watching CFB my whole life and obsessed with uniforms for almost as long and I have no idea what you are talking about.

The fur stripes have been on Goldy (the mascot) forever.

6627_minnesota_golden_gophers-mascot-198

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

• Replies 4.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Colt16 said:

Honestly if TCU got rid of the stupid frog print stuff, they would have one of the better uniforms in college football 

The frog print isn't the problem IMO. It's the places they use it that is. There's no need to have an entire frog print jersey. I like their current black one with just the frog print on the collar and cuffs. That works perfectly. 

AM-JKLUm-gD6dFoY5MvQGgjXb2rzP7kMTHmGf8UsR6KOCYQnHU-0HSFi-zjXHepGDckUAHcduu3pVgvwxe06RKDW2y2Z2BmhEOe8OP-WSY1XqLT9KsQ0ZP75J9loQuNrvLW208pEWCg9jq8aNx-zFneH9aPQQA=w800-h112-no?authuser=0

spacer.png

5 minutes ago, Griffinmarlins said:

The frog print isn't the problem IMO. It's nthe places they use it that is. There's no need to have an entire frog print jersey. I like their current black one with just the frog print on the collar and cuffs. That works perfectly. 

Yup. Less is more. The Bengals do a good job with the Tiger stripe helmet. Mizzou, at times, does not. 

UyDgMWP.jpg

5th in NAT. TITLES  |  2nd in CONF. TITLES  |  5th in HEISMAN |  7th in DRAFTS |  8th in ALL-AMER  |  7th in WINS  |  4th in BOWLS |  1st in SELLOUTS  |  1st GAMEDAY SIGN

3 minutes ago, GeauxColonels said:

True....but I wouldn't say that those stripes are "Instantly recognizable to most intimate CFB fans."

I'm still working on why his jersey only has stripes on one sleeve. Must be a new Pro Combat thing. 

UyDgMWP.jpg

5th in NAT. TITLES  |  2nd in CONF. TITLES  |  5th in HEISMAN |  7th in DRAFTS |  8th in ALL-AMER  |  7th in WINS  |  4th in BOWLS |  1st in SELLOUTS  |  1st GAMEDAY SIGN

34 minutes ago, Foxxtrot44 said:

New Utes helmet this week colors the block U with a Ute tribal design

That's a nice helmet. Doesn't really go with their set at all, but it's nice as a standalone, one-time thing. Here's a closer look:

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

1 hour ago, GeauxColonels said:

True....but I wouldn't say that those stripes are "Instantly recognizable to most intimate CFB fans."

You're probably right about that. I guess I should've said instantly recognizable to B1G / College Football logo buffs.

12 hours ago, Midway said:

Gah. I want to hate that Minnesota helmet but I can't. 

Also, would it be unpopular to say I'm still not fond of TCU's set and don't get why everyone drools over them? They've mixed and matched so many elements in the past decade I'm not sure they have a real identity anymore. I've always had a soft spot for the LT era set because it was both cohesive and memorable. 

IMG_1617.JPG

That TCU uniform was one of the best in college football.

17 minutes ago, Power_Ranger_Rick said:

You're probably right about that. I guess I should've said instantly recognizable to B1G / College Football logo buffs.

Yeah, it may be more recognizable to B1G fans. I'm a HUGE college football buff and logo geek....but I wouldn't have been able to place that striping decal as the gopher tail. Then again, Minnesota doesn't get much exposure down here in south Louisiana either.

gYH2mW9.png

41 minutes ago, upperV03 said:

That's a nice helmet. Doesn't really go with their set at all, but it's nice as a standalone, one-time thing. Here's a closer look:

They should use that pattern as the basis for their striping, would look good and unique.

a2BRS8U.png

12 hours ago, Midway said:

Gah. I want to hate that Minnesota helmet but I can't. 

Also, would it be unpopular to say I'm still not fond of TCU's set and don't get why everyone drools over them? They've mixed and matched so many elements in the past decade I'm not sure they have a real identity anymore. I've always had a soft spot for the LT era set because it was both cohesive and memorable. 

IMG_1617.JPG

Man, that triangle trim on the cuffs and collars was fantastic.  Understated but unique.

I dont post here much but I'm a WVU alum and fan. They will be wearing white lids, blue jersey, blue pants this weekend. I was okay the first season of the new unis but then I noticed they were not that good. For the life of me I dont know why WVU does not get updated uniforms and even have alternates. Its like we are living in the past while every other school (some horrible, others good) are constantly getting uni refreshes. WVU might not be a blue blood school but the flying WV logo is widely recognizable. If not Nike, I hope someone will outfit my Alma mater better.

1.jpg

1 hour ago, Hypnotic said:

Vandy lids for this Saturday against Kansas State.

IMG_20170913_133436.jpg

IMG_20170913_133441.jpg

IMG_20170913_133444.jpg

IMG_20170913_133448.jpg

The old gold helmets were better in a vaccum, but I like the change because it brings it in line with the rest of their helmets.

Now they just need to pick a shade of gold. The one they use on their jerseys and pants is much,much paler than the one on this helmet.

Archived