College Football Uniforms - 2017 Season

buckeye

• Replies 4.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, VikingsNotMinnesota said:

I understand this argument for some schools, but I don't even think that's true for oregon. Those sleeve stripes are pretty unique, and no one else in the country has that number font. Plus no one else has those colors. Oregon's colors and O alone will take them far, while i would love the wings back, I don't think they need them to stand out.

I wouldn't exactly say having two sleeve stripes is unique as Nebraska, Wisconsin, and Houston all have similar stripes.  Only thing unique are the colors and font (which is probably the worst font Oregon has used in the past decade.)  Oregon has an updated wing pattern they use on certain logos so they should use it on the uniforms.

6 minutes ago, cajunaggie08 said:

The throwback decal is commemorating their 1996 upset over Texas A&M....which happens to be their opponent this weekend.

Real nice set there. I wish

they would have minimized the Adidas symbol though. Makes it look too modern. Still cool that they will be wearing these. Maybe beat A&M again? 

3 hours ago, Webfooter said:

I wouldn't exactly say having two sleeve stripes is unique as Nebraska, Wisconsin, and Houston all have similar stripes.  Only thing unique are the colors and font (which is probably the worst font Oregon has used in the past decade.)  Oregon has an updated wing pattern they use on certain logos so they should use it on the uniforms.

Ok, so you can't seriously be saying that Oregon's stripes are even remotely like Nebraska, Wisconsin, or Houston's, right? Like you know that just having two stripes doesn't make something identical at all right? This is an absurd statement, what the hell?

6 hours ago, Webfooter said:

To me, they look like some generic team you'd find in a movie or TV show.  If you took off the team-specific logos and wordmarks, you wouldn't find many that'd say those were Oregon's uniforms, except for those who'd guess purely on the colors.  As long as Oregon is taking this year to get a good, quality set of new uniforms for next season, then these won't be so bad.

Um, yeah, that's how uniforms work.

Sorry, but this all just sounds insane.

I said this earlier in this thread, and I'll repeat it.  Now that every two-bit program in CFB does what Oregon used to do, the Ducks would be smart to get off the clown-suit-of-the-week train. They did it first, for a while they arguably did it the best, but now it's over.  It's played out. And after a few playoff appearances, including making it to a championship, they should be above it.  Now that everybody is finally taking you seriously (last year notwithstanding), you need to raise your self-esteem and put your boobs away.

Uniform-wise, Oregon is there.  Ignoring a few quibbles over minor details, it's over. They're done.  This uniform...

IMG_7296.thumb.JPG.a9ccb8b9e56cba8c06995

...is quite nearly perfect for them.  It's modern, it's clean, it's instantly recognizable, and it still looks like no other team on any level of football.

And that color scheme... I am not a good enough writer to express how much I like those two colors together.  And that green!  In isolation, just that color alone, that is currently my favorite color in sports.  Repeat... IN SPORTS.

Having said all that, do I expect Oregon to eventually jump back on the goofball express? Yup, unfortunately.

1 hour ago, VikingsNotMinnesota said:

Ok, so you can't seriously be saying that Oregon's stripes are even remotely like Nebraska, Wisconsin, or Houston's, right? Like you know that just having two stripes doesn't make something identical at all right? This is an absurd statement, what the hell?

"Identical" and "remotely like" are very different things.. A two-stripe pattern on one uniform could easily be mistaken for another without the context of logos and colors, even if they're not "identical".. Sure, Wisconsin's ridiculous angled lines within their stripe are uniquely "wisconsin", but from the right angle, they're similar.. To insinuate that each 2-stripe pattern is unique and immediately recognizable for each team is as silly as assuming they're all identical.. 

3 hours ago, RollWolfpack said:

It was hinted at during the offseason that NC State might be wearing Tuffy on the helmet a few times this season and according to @PackFootball twitter, tomorrow it makes its first appearance... 

Tuffy Helmet.png

Tuffy is a decent helmet logo. In order of favorites, I think it's Diamond logo, Tuffy, stacked NCS, anything else.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

Arizona - UTEP is one of the most blah matchups we've seen so far.  Arizona's unis need stripes, and UTEP needs to wear the orange helmet with the throwback miner and lose the gray pants. 

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

On 9/14/2017 at 8:17 PM, pianoknight said:

All white needs to die, save for a few classics like Texas and Penn State

I wouldn't mind one time in my life see Texas in burnt orange and Penn State in nittany blue pants for a change.  Could look a little bit better than the road look they have now.  You would at least think the Penn State coach would change things up a little bit.  

8 hours ago, oldschoolvikings said:

Ignoring a few quibbles over minor details

Actually there is one very minor (major) detail that desperately needs fixing that has bothered the hell out of me since release. The shoulder stripes. No, not the design, the material. They legitimately look like someone put two slabs of green electrical tape one the jersey and called them part of the uniform. Nike please god fix this shiny material bull :censored:, it actually almost ruins what should be amazing uniforms.

8 hours ago, orangefaniniowa said:

I wouldn't mind one time in my life see Texas in burnt orange and Penn State in nittany blue pants for a change.  Could look a little bit better than the road look they have now.  You would at least think the Penn State coach would change things up a little bit.  

No. 

5 hours ago, VikingsNotMinnesota said:

Actually there is one very minor (major) detail that desperately needs fixing that has bothered the hell out of me since release. The shoulder stripes. No, not the design, the material. They legitimately look like someone put two slabs of green electrical tape one the jersey and called them part of the uniform. Nike please god fix this shiny material bull :censored:, it actually almost ruins what should be amazing uniforms.

Yeah, I agree.  At least they're only using that material on the stripes and have stop using it on the numbers (see Louisville).  That sheen on the numbers destroys everything. 

Make the stripes twill and put the jersey's version of puddles on the pants also. Three of everything in white, green, and yellow, don't overdue the monochrome... done.

Some things I've seen so far...

-Oklahoma State at Pitt looks pretty good if you ask me.

-UConn looks great with their look, but dammit Virginia... why did succumb to the worst idea in helmet history?!?

-Ohio in all green is cool to see, but Kansas... woof. Not only did they fall for the worst idea in helmet history, but a white to gray transition on the helmet??

-Iowa State at Akron might as well be a white out. The Cyclones in white (White helmets are a first, I think) and Akron... People, would you please stop with the conflicting helmet logos? It makes your school look schizo.

-Northern Illinois has numbers on their helmets for their game with Nebraska. It's weird when they have the Husky logo that works well for them.

-UCLA always looks good, but god... Memphis looks like a bootleg version of the Cincinnati Bengals.

Archived