College Football Uniforms - 2017 Season

buckeye

• Replies 4.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think I'd like the Ducks' combo better if the helmets worked better with the uniforms as the stripes and wings kinda clash with one another.  I really thought they might use the green helmets with white pants or even their white practice helmets and green pants.  One combo I'd like to see them try is yellow helmet/white jersey/yellow pants.

5 minutes ago, oldschoolvikings said:

And so, my short love affair with Oregon's uniforms come to its inevitable end.

Lol, yeah, this week's set up isn't the best. The jersey/pants combo is solid, but the helmets throw the look off a bit. If they swapped out the chrome domes for white or, preferably their apple green helmets, it'd be another really nice combo IMO.

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

40 minutes ago, upperV03 said:

Mizzou is going black/gold/gold tomorrow:

So they updated all the other jerseys but kept the same gold jersey/pants from the original rebrand ? I wish they would have done the white and black jerseys on this template instead 

Cal Bears | Miami Dolphins | Cleveland Cavaliers |
@dcjames5

A lot of ugly uniforms are going to be worn tomorrow.  

UNLV wearing silver helmets against the Buckeyes? Usually not a bad look, but when playing against OSU...wear something else, like the red or black helmets.

SMU:  Blah

Missouri: Meh

Baylor: Blah

ODU: Meh

Florida: Slightly better than Meh

App State: Not bad

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

12 minutes ago, djam2410 said:

So they updated all the other jerseys but kept the same gold jersey/pants from the original rebrand ? I wish they would have done the white and black jerseys on this template instead 

This was my very complaint back when they first unveiled the redesign. Especially those awful road jerseys that had the gray shoulders. 

Arkansas State decided they wanted to be the worst looking team in Dallas this weekend by deciding to wear these decidedly terrible helmets. I guess SMU decided to wear their awful anthracite set (because beautiful red, white, and blue sets just aren't enough) to try and win ugliest team award. I would like to see a full color version of the wolf logo on the red helmets because I find the stAte logo looks cluttered on it considering it's red lettering on red shells. They only wore a full color version in two games, both times on the road and on matte black.

I also wish it were a smaller logo. I'll put the version they used on the black helmets in a spoiler to avoid too many images, but you can see in one image where the logo is overlapping the stripe.

Y0puj5d.jpg

Spoiler

1Q2tVIe.jpg

laO6bpC.jpg

5 minutes ago, ZipperClub said:

Did Old Dominion make a complete color change when moving up a level? I remember them in navy/silver with Taylor Heinicke/Nike and David Washington/UA.

Still navy/silver.  Dark navy.  Helmet is matte navy.  

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

Is anyone else just feeling sick of all these new designs? 

We've reached critical mass where designs exist solely because they exist and there is absolutely nothing unique or inspired about 99% of them. It's like when your kindergartener comes home with a hot mess of cotton balls, popsicle sticks and glitter all glued to construction paper and you're supposed to applaud the effort. Objectively, nearly all these designs are about as appealing as a dog licking its nutsack, but they all get trumpeted across the Twitterverse as "lit fire" or some teen slang that equivalates itself with the joy of the Berlin Wall falling. 

The uniform design world could really use a dot-com bust. 

UyDgMWP.jpg

5th in NAT. TITLES  |  2nd in CONF. TITLES  |  5th in HEISMAN |  7th in DRAFTS |  8th in ALL-AMER  |  7th in WINS  |  4th in BOWLS |  1st in SELLOUTS  |  1st GAMEDAY SIGN

Archived