College Football Uniforms - 2017 Season

buckeye

1 hour ago, WSU151 said:

I thought this was debunked earlier this year as a custom-made/fake helmet?

It was a custom made helmet solely for the coach's office. Rumors a similar design *could* be worn, but doubt this exact one will be.

"I believe in Auburn and love it!"

ojNNazQ.jpg

• Replies 4.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
16 hours ago, Webfooter said:

Why is WSU so insistent on wearing their anthracite jerseys?  It's not their best look.

I don't know either. They have won in them...and I guess it shows how serious they are about this SC game. :rolleyes:

I am sore,wounded, but not slain

I will lay down and bleed a while

And then rise up to fight again

Decided to mock up black/green/green for the Ducks in case that's what they go with this weekend:

6128D415-1E67-4280-990C-472451A24325.thumb.png.43c097e651ec84cdc6701fa23f232dfe.png

After seeing how the mockups of both the black/green/black and black/green/green combos look, I definitely think the former is the superior option.

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

16 hours ago, andrewharrington said:

Do you have a source for this? It makes no sense to present a throwback as, "This is 1975, but except for the hemet, that's the 1976 version."

The source is Cal football history...The jerseys for the 1970s were essentially the same apart from the introduction of the yellow mask in 1976. I agree with you they should make things much clearer than they did for those that do not know Cal football history ; Here is a link from the 2007 reveal that talked about having a "mid-70s style" Joe Roth throwback vs using any given year as well as more background on Roth : https://scout.com/college/california/Article/The-story-behind-the-throwback-jerseys-104471597

Cal Bear fans refer to them as the "Joe Roth throwbacks" vs any given year and Uni Watch did add this in their paragraph as well with their reference of the "Joe Roth design". As sad as it is to say, the uniform tribute is directed more towards Roth than the actual Pac-8 team if I were being honest. There were no festivities for the actual team at the game with most references recapping Joe Roth's time with the team. If you want more information into why the 1976 season was so critical and important to the Joe Roth story, I encourage you read this. Maybe then, you may understand the reasoning for Cal having the mask gold  : http://www.foxsports.com/college-football/story/joe-roth-cal-golden-bears-dont-quit-dan-marino-tom-brady-peyton-manning-joe-montana-102815    

As a Cal fan who is familiar with and knows all of the history of the jerseys, the Joe Roth story, and etc, I would have written the PR as this:

"The Joe Roth throwbacks commemorate Joe Roth's 1975 Pac-8 championship with the Bears as well as emulating the final game Joe Roth played for the Golden Bears despite his cancer diagnosis during the 1976 season. Roth did not disclose his diagnosis to the team during the season and passed away in February of 2017. Joe Roth remains the only Golden Bear with his number retired"

The 2007 PR release from Nike also called these "1975" throwbacks while using the 1976 locker photo so it could be possible UA used this same photo to mold their press release 

I feel your frustration as it is tiring having to explain Cal football history and design choices over and over. 

2017-09-28 11_22_37-Cal Unveils 1975 ‘Joe Roth’ Throwback for USC Game.png

2017-09-28 11_31_23-Golden Bears Honor Memory of Joe Roth With Throwback Uniforms __ Helmets and Uni.png

Cal Bears | Miami Dolphins | Cleveland Cavaliers |
@dcjames5

3 hours ago, nuordr said:

Northwestern.PNG

That's their best away look, IMO, and maybe their best look overall. 

UyDgMWP.jpg

5th in NAT. TITLES  |  2nd in CONF. TITLES  |  5th in HEISMAN |  7th in DRAFTS |  8th in ALL-AMER  |  7th in WINS  |  4th in BOWLS |  1st in SELLOUTS  |  1st GAMEDAY SIGN

25 minutes ago, cajunaggie08 said:

A&M helmet for this weekend against South Carolina

DKwVdO0XkAU9jVj.jpg:large

Question for @WavePunter - what kind of decals are these?  If metallic decals have flakes, and chrome decals are what Stanford uses...what's the official classification of these?

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

7 minutes ago, goDEVILS said:

15022968_G.jpg

ASU going G/W/M at Stanford for Saturday afternoon.

As hard as they're trying to look traditional, I really hope they get new uniforms next year.  

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

I... don't know how orange/white/navy is gonna look. Syracuse has done a decent job color-wise (note I say color-wise, not number-wise) of utilizing different combos this season but this one seems like a combo for the sake of having a combo

oEQ0ySg.png

Twitter: @RyanMcD29 // College Crosse: Where I write, chat, and infograph lacrosse

20 hours ago, DNAsports said:

I don't get the hate for the Washington State uniforms. Yes they've been going heavy on grey/anthracite, but there's nothing bad about them.

There is nothing good about them either. Considering their colors are crimson and grey, one would expect them to wear crimson and gray more often than not. I get them anthracite is technically dark grey, but that's not their school color. They have worn white and anthracite more often this year than their own school colors.

17+Fiest+Bowl_sig.png

2 hours ago, WSU151 said:

Question for @WavePunter - what kind of decals are these?  If metallic decals have flakes, and chrome decals are what Stanford uses...what's the official classification of these?

Hubcap? 

UyDgMWP.jpg

5th in NAT. TITLES  |  2nd in CONF. TITLES  |  5th in HEISMAN |  7th in DRAFTS |  8th in ALL-AMER  |  7th in WINS  |  4th in BOWLS |  1st in SELLOUTS  |  1st GAMEDAY SIGN

Archived