College Football Uniforms - 2017 Season

buckeye

1 hour ago, WSU151 said:

Penn State - wearing the fauxbacks, with the numbers on the helmet - looks pretty good; Oregon's uniform looks pretty good in the preview pics; North Carolina looked good in all blue; Northwestern vs. Wisconsin was a good looking game.

Edit - Wake Forest's helmets are pretty good...regular gloss finish, Deacon on both sides.

I like the deacon AND the gloss a lot, but i'd rather see a one or two color deacon than all three colors. Other than that, no complaints

59d006c960060_Screenshot(94).thumb.png.7628a3cdabe7b23fe507fa94f455e669.png

• Replies 4.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

^Speaking of the UCLA whiteout uniforms, they warmed up in the traditional gold lids before coming back out of the tunnel in these:

F6AE4C54-D51E-41B1-A26A-D999C0536CC1.thumb.jpeg.73c149c49badc581afa2dc8602107593.jpeg30951E89-B252-416D-8D8D-E89D6BAD5E37.thumb.jpeg.35978942dc20e9860d7cfa0ae3d5ee34.jpeg

They just had to go with white helmets, didn’t they? I could tolerate everything else, but the white helmets ruin it for me. I don’t even really think they look bad, but they’re just not a team that should deviate from their primary helmet IMO. I haven’t liked any of the alternate lids they’ve worn in recent years, and that includes these new ones now as well.

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

2 minutes ago, upperV03 said:

^Speaking of the UCLA whiteout uniforms, they warmed up in the traditional gold lids before coming back out of the tunnel in these:

F6AE4C54-D51E-41B1-A26A-D999C0536CC1.thumb.jpeg.73c149c49badc581afa2dc8602107593.jpeg30951E89-B252-416D-8D8D-E89D6BAD5E37.thumb.jpeg.35978942dc20e9860d7cfa0ae3d5ee34.jpeg

They just had to go with white helmets, didn’t they? I could tolerate everything else, but the white helmets ruin it for me. I don’t even really think they look bad, but they’re just not a team that should deviate from their primary helmet IMO. I haven’t liked any of the alternate lids they’ve worn in recent years, and that includes these new ones now as well.

If you're going whiteout, go all the way. 

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

Just tuned in to UCLA vs Colorado.

1. I think UCLA's white helmets would look a lot better with blue facemask.
  2. Just want to double down on a recent post I made regarding Colorado's helmet options. Not a fan of their black (or white) helmets. Buffs oughta ditch those two and just roll with the gold and gray helmets going forward.
  3. Just noticing that Colorado's jersey numbers have a double outline, silver and gold. I knew there was something about the numbers that looked weird but just couldn't quite put my finger on it until now. Double outlines work best with contrasting colors. Or at the very least the inner outline needs to contrast from the color of the numbers. White outlined by gold and silver wasn't a good choice on their part... After doing a quick Google image search I see their white and gray jerseys have that as well. I know Colorado wants to embrace all the colors of their program's history, but they really need to choose one metallic color to outline their numbers with (I'd go with gold) so they could have a cleaner look.

Hotter Than July > Thriller

56 minutes ago, upperV03 said:

I'm tired of these "whiteouts." What even is the point of a goddamn "whiteout?" It does not make any sense to me.

A blackout makes sense because you can at least convince people that it is badass in theory to be decked out in black, and going all of one team color, I suppose, could be conveyed as some sort of team pride thing.

Both are often hideous, but neither is just as pointless as a "whiteout." There really is nothing about seeing gobs of white that should be getting people all pumped up. It's just white. Not even a color, but a lack thereof. It doesnt look good or classy like they probably intend. It just looks devoid and ruins good matchups. Who keeps telling these teams that just because they can wear all of a color also means that they should?

11 hours ago, Cardsblues02 said:

Well, Oregon looks good tonight. Aside from the Nebraska game, they have looked great this year. Nothing crazy, just UO colors. Black, green and yellow. They look good right now.

Fixed that for ya :)

Cal Bears | Miami Dolphins | Cleveland Cavaliers |
@dcjames5

16 hours ago, Cardsblues02 said:

Well, Oregon looks good tonight. Aside from the Nebraska game, they have looked great this year. Nothing crazy, just UO colors. Black, green and gold. They look good right now.

Yeah I'm really happy with how these turned out. Hoping we can limit black to at max one other game this year, preferably for a blackout in autzen. Oregon State also looked decent, though I still think the black/black/white is their best look.

Looking ahead to next weekend, I’m half-expecting the Ducks to reprise either of these combos from last season:

20048C1D-3EDF-4494-AD15-348061AC9D95.thumb.jpeg.6a57d05a8ca64968035fc377b9e18cde.jpegFCC85458-516E-4CF2-B69F-431A06F2A8B1.thumb.jpeg.5ca2b445b2a91dd9f256b9c6960ade90.jpeg

I say “half-expecting” because I could easily see them mixing things up by going with the yellow helmets or the chrome winged helmets. And since they just wore the black helmets and pants yesterday, it seems relatively likely that they won’t wear them two weeks in a row, meaning the yellow pants and the yellow or chrome helmets could very well be in the cards. And one last thing to keep in mind is that the game next weekend is the only remaining home game where fans are being told to wear yellow, so the yellow jerseys seem a near certainty. 

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

Archived